Me and my girlfriend spent this past Labor Day down in Cabo. We spent 5 nights at Finisterra, and opted for the all-inclusive package in the new section of the hotel. I had read a lot of reviews on Finisterra before we went down there, and the majority of the reviews were very positive. When we got there, the room appeared fairly clean, and besides the extremely dimly lit bathroom, the appearance was fine and what I expected. It was the smell of the room that made the hotel so disappointing. It smelled like my college dorm-room... like a wet, cold basement... like mildew. We didn't ask anyone else if they had a similar problem, but I suspect they all smelled that way. Granted, we were on a beach in Mexico so I'm sure that's a little expected, but the smell was overwhelming, and only got worse when we turned on the AC. I never realized how much the smell of a hotel room could effect my overall comfort on the vacation, but it certainly did.
Other than that, the only other bad thing I can think of with the hotel was the miserably uncomfortable bed. It was possibly the hardest bed I've ever tried to sleep on. We had a king bed, and we were in the new section, so I'm not sure what the other reviews were talking about. Although, I actually slept on the sofa one night because my back was hurting from sleeping on the bed. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much that night, because the sofa wreaked of mildew.
I was so disappointed with the room because it really did have a beautiful view of the Pacific Ocean, and if it weren't for the smell and the bed, it would have been very nice (4 or 5 star). The swim-up pool was as expected, although you don't really have a view of the ocean from the pool. We never had a problem with the all-inclusive package. We ordered breakfast in our room every morning, and the Wale Watcher Bar and Blue Marlin were all included too. We tipped well, and most everyone was friendly. That package was very much worth it.
The hotel is close to the marina, and about a 20 minute walk to the mall. The hill everyone talks about is a little exaggerated. It's not that bad. You can't swim on the beach at Finisterra because the waves are ridiculous (~5-10 ft all the time) and they crash directly on the shore. But I didn't consider that a big deal because the pools were right there. You can see the Milky Way at night. Cabo really is a beautiful place.
I won't be staying at the Finisterra the next time I go to Cabo. However, if someone can convince me that not every room smelled that way, and that not all the beds are like rocks, I may reconsider... and do it all-inclusive again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas