“Great Place!”

Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Portland, Oregon
“Great Place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Loved this resort. I've been to Cabo three times this year and many times before and this is probably my favorite resort so far. Great food, freindly staff, great pools, and amazing views of the Pacific. We watched migrating whales from our balcony which had a great view of the beach and Pacific Ocean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Polish first
Temecula, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

My bride and I stayed here for the last week of June 2014. While neither of us read the reviews before hand, we received a great deal as long as we were willing to sit through their Royal Elite Vacation Club presentation and, having stayed at a different Sandos resort previously, we decided to jump at the opportunity. I think we can both agree that the reviews posted on here are pretty accurate.
I won’t go into our experience with the “sales pitch” for their vacation club because I want to focus on all of the many positive aspects of this specific property and the Sandos Resort staff members. Let’s just say we will be writing a long letter to the vacation club corporate folks about that part.
The property is secure, conveniently located close to everything in downtown Cabo San Lucas on the Lands End peninsula, and sits high up on the cliff-side to provide for some spectacular views yet still remains at beach level all at the same time. It is a very uniquely situated 30 or so acres of desert landscape. Depending on where you are on the property, you can enjoy endless views of the Pacific to the south, marina views to the north, and/or the turquoise blue of the Sea of Cortez to the East.
Most of the staff members were very friendly, smiling, and attentive to all of our needs and desires. From the bell-men who took our luggage and handed us each a glass of champagne upon arrival, to the pool-side waiters, to just about every employee who we would pass during our stay with their welcoming smiles and a simple “hola” as we pass one another. The Spa staff was AMAZING! Great facilities and some of the best massages the both of us have ever had. While I typically don’t want to work-out during my vacations, my lovely wife was able to talk me into it and I’m glad she did, because the views from the gym were inspiring. Plus, being an all inclusive resort, I needed to exercise off some of the endless food and drink. Some staff members stood out above the rest like our favorite bartender, Israel Sandoval up in the Whale Watch Club Bar. Israel was very friendly, a wealth of knowledge, and clearly a true craftsman of his trade. Israel’s attention to detail was second to none. He spent time with us discussing some of the different places he has traveled, and when we asked for a “locals prospective” gave some recommendations for a few of his favorite local places to eat and even drawing a detailed map on a cocktail napkin so we wouldn’t get lost along the way. Acts like that are what I believe is the true meaning of “hospitality” and will not be forgotten.
All in all, I do recommend this resort. The only downside that we didn’t realize until after we arrived is that, although they do have a beautiful 5-7 acres of pristine white sandy beach, they DO NOT allow swimming at this beach. The proximity to the three main pools and everything on the peninsula made up for the inability to swim in the ocean but it was the only thing that made this resort fall just a little short from perfect.

Room Tip: I'm sure every room has something for every taste. We were quite happy with our first floor pool...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David_lowers
San Dimas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family stayed here for 1 week in June 2014. The reviews were correct. The staff was excellent. Always smiling, willing to help, and friendly. They all made us feel like we belonged there and seemed generally sorry to see us leave. I highly recommend staying here. America, my friend, Papi Chulo had so much fun, thanks to you and Denally. These young ladies worked so hard around the pool keeping the guests happy and participating in activities. Norma, Norma, Norma - we already miss you. Norma is the pool cocktail server. I have never seen someone work so hard and FAST getting our drinks and food everyday. We miss Norma already. I do hope the Finestera lets these young ladies know that they made our vacation wonderful. I do believe my husband would only want to return to the Finestera so he can see these ladies again!
We had absolutely no complaints whatsoever. The drinks were great, the food was awesome. I am not a buffet person, but I really did like the breakfast buffet each day. We had the buffet at dinner one night and it too was very good. We ate at the Italian restaurant 5 nights and each night we had a different dinner. We loved the food and again, the staff was great. Make sure you spend a few evenings at the Whale Watching Bar - beautiful views and the drinks are really good! We had a nice partial view of the ocean and pools. Our room was clean and very comfortable. I had no complaints. We were on the 2nd floor (#1230) and we had a great view. The night club was fun too. We went a few nights and danced and the drinks were good.
You won't regret staying here. Also, you can easily walk to the Marina. However, if you are out of shape, you might want to take a taxi back because the driveway back to the lobby is quiet a steep climb. Book this hotel - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank VMON72
WebRelations_SF, Manager at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear VMON72,

We thank you for writing a detailed review of your stay at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos.
We are glad to know that you went to most of our restaurants and bars and that you had a good time enjoying our services, food and drinks.

Also thank you for mentioning some people of our staff. We love to share to them our guests’ comments.

Please let us know if you are planning to come back to Cabo.

Best Regards!
Lorenia Muñoz | Web Relations | Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I got to slip down to Cabo for two nights for our anniversary. The staff was very friendly, food was excellent. I'm not a fan a buffets, but the buffet at Don Diego's was full of fresh Frits and vegetables, in addition to a wide array of choices for your entrées and dessert. The grounds were kept pristine and our room was nice. They even put a bottle of wine and a fresh fruit tray in our room for our anniversary. We found this to be a resort we could bring our kids back to or just as a couples getaway. The resort did a good job of providing for families and adults alike. The all inclusive allowed us to enjoy ourselves without worrying about bringing cash everywhere we went. The only downside is when checking in, you're directed to sit while asked to come listen to a 90 minute presentation for the timeshare the next day. You're not given your room keys until after you speak with the staff member. Hotel guests are there to enjoy their vacations and don't want to commit to a presentation upon arrival. That took about 10 minutes and we were off to our room to enjoy the rest of our trip. Definitely coming back next year!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This was an excellent resort all around. Rooms and grounds beautiful and well kept, staff very friendly and helpful, great food and drinks ! We were there with our 2 yo daughter and we all thoroughly enjoyed the pools and the location. Easy walk in to town, or cheap taxi ride. Not a swimming beach due to wave action, but we knew that from the start. Would definitely return and would recommend to friends.

Stayed June 2014
Santa Paula, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Our family went for a one week all inclusive vacation. Our room did not get cleaned two of the seven days we were there. The pool and beach front location are beautiful. The service from waitstaff was very good despite the drinks being water down and the food being just average. Halfway through the trip we began eating in other Cabo restaurants for dinner. My husband and I both enjoyed our massages in the beautiful spa, but even that experience was marred by what sounded like a herd of elephants walking up and down the hallway and maintenance for the mineral jacuzzi. The masseuse apologized profusely. I would not stay there again. Pre-Sandos it was a wonderful hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Pamela L
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Had such a great time at this resort last week.
Greeted with champagne, concierge was very helpful - called to reserve my transportation later in the stay.
Great food especially at Emilio's Osteria. Great drinks and bartenders at Stones Club and Whale Watchers Bar. Great Pools and go early to get a shaded spot! America at the pool is so fun and has a great personality - definitely kept my group entertained. Bingo at the pool is a must as well was cooking with the chef at the pool deck - made fresh seafood paella. Upgrading to a Finisterra suite is a must! Private pool overlooking the puerto is amazing! Cute Cupcake shop too. The beach is beautiful and I loved the hammocks, didn't miss swimming in the ocean.
The only two bad things were: shower was poorly lit and the menu at the Tortuga Beach restaurant was very small. The drinks and staff were great there just more to the menu to be desired.
When someone in my party was hurt, everyone was very helpful and even staff the next day were filled in and checked on her. Pays to bring lots of ones to tip the staff. Everyone loves American bills.
Will definitely be coming back for more!

Room Tip: Definitely Upgrade to the Finisterra Suites - the newest part of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Posada Real Los Cabos
#24 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,200 reviews
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos? Share your experiences!