“It was an amazing hotel and they are renovating, and the rooms already renovated are very nice!”

Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Everyone at the hotel was amazing and the staff was excellent and very polite and helpful in any way. The entertainment team is awesome they are so much fun and have plenty of activities and things to do all day. The pools are nice and there is three so if you want privacy it's there. The food was great, all in all I had a great time there. There is also a fun night club in the hotel, nice coffee shop, two restaurants, beach parties, lots of entertainment. I would definitely go back to this hotel! Love cabo!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank kaylee w

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
  • Polish first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The resort was very nice. I went there with two girlfriends to celebrate my friends 50th birthday.
Pros: the location was perfect for us, close to the restaurants, Cabo Wabo:) The Office, shopping, marina etc. we loved the swim up pool, drinks were good, we had a blast at the disco. Enjoyed the Cupcake coffee shop. They had a very entertaining show Saturday night that we really liked.
Cons: we weren't a fan of the food. I wish there had been more fresh fish, shellfish etc. most dishes were chicken and beef that we weren't thrilled with, we booked an ocean view room yet got a marina view instead, other than that we really enjoyed our stay,

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank JBDenit
SandosFinisterra, Manager at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear JBDenit, we thank you for staying at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos to celebrate your birthday. It was a pleasure to host you and to have your feedback, we truly hope you have had a happy birthday with us!

We appreciate your comments regarding the location of our property, and all the good remarks.

As for the food, we would like to let you know that we have shared your comments with our Chef. We take our guest’s feedbacks very seriously as they help us to improve. Also, if you had a reservation for a Junior Suite Ocean View and you got a Marina View, probably you were upgraded. We apologize if we could not meet your expectations with the view, however, the Marina View is the most requested in the higher room categories, as the Marina in Cabo San Lucas it’s an attraction from travelers around the world.

Looking forward to welcome you soon again,

Aliso V
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I've been going to the finisterra for over 20 years and have had several great trips there. I'm not sure what's happened but the prices have gone through the roof and not any major changes? 5 stars? I don't think so, who issued the stars? It's a 3 star resort with 3 star rooms and amenities. For the money there are several better choices in Cabo.

Room Tip: Several better hotel choices in Cabo
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brent J
WebRelations_SF, Manager at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Brent J,
We notice that you stayed with us on November 2013, and we apologize if we could not meet your expectations back then.

With Sandos we have had many improvements: We renovated the Finisterra Suites and the Deluxe Ocean View rooms, we made a facelift to the Junior Suites Ocean View. Now we have four restaurants, a cupcake cafe and eight bars. Since 2014 We have improved the entertainment and we added beach parties some days of the week and theme nights.

We are truly sorry if you did not notice some of these improvements.
Whenever you come back to Cabo, please contact me, I would love to give you a tour in the resort to show you our progress.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I just returned home from a week in Los Cabos and loved our stay at the Sandos Finisterra.

Neither of us had been to Cabo before so we werent quite sure what to expect at the location. We couldnt have been happier. Across the street from the resort was the marina, and a short walk you were in town with all the fun shopping. It made it so easy. This alone, if we return, will not stay anywhere else.
We thought the staff was very friendly, we especially enjoyed Norma poolside. The whole staff seemed to really enjoy being there everyday, and never saw anyone without a smile.
The food was FANTASTIC and after reading some mixed reviews prior to trip, we were expecting average for an all inclusive. It surpassed our expectations and more. My husband and I are big coffee drinkers and stumbled upon the cupcake cafe, which we knew we were told about in our initial orientation, but had slipped our mind. Wow- this place is dangerously great.
There were always tons of activities night and day which we really enjoyed. The nightly themes were great. We loved the shows. We were not disappointed in much of anything. My only two complaints were the bed was a bit firmer then I can prefer, although my husband had no problems, so maybe it was just me. :-) The 2nd was, the room cleaning everyday. I know its a big resort and takes some time to clean each room, however our room being literally on the end of the floor, we never had our room cleaned before 2pm, which at that point we usually came back for an hour to cool down and usually told the maid they weren't needed, or we hung out in our room while they finished up. Maybe rotating what end of the hall you start at every day would help. (in the bigger pictures, small details)
It was beautiful waking up every morning with the view of the ocean and overlooking the pools, we loved the lights at night lighting up the grounds. My husband enjoyed the stocked mini fridge with beer each night, and I thought it was great touch of adding a filtered water jug in each room. Haven't seen that before. Both were refilled when needed.
I am not sure we will be returning to Los Cabos as we like to drift to new places, but we were pleased to see that they had sister resorts that we will be booking again with Sandos.

It was so great to meet people from other parts of the world, we had great conversations and loved how everyone just said hello to each other.
Don't hesitate to book here.
Thank You!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank bbaustin
Dear Bbaustin,
We truly appreciate your positive feedback and we thank you for this detailed review. We are really glad to know that you had a great time with us!

After reading your review when it was recently posted, we talked with housekeeping about the possibility of rotating rooms for cleaning, and we have been doing it this way since you suggested it. We thank you for helping us to improve!

We really hope to host you in the near future, or as you said, if you travel to different destinations, remember that we have Sandos Caracol and Sandos Playacar at Riviera Maya and Sandos Cancun Luxury Experience at Cancun here in Mexico.

Please contact s for any further assistance, we are glad to be of service to you!
Warm regards from Cabo!

Huntley, Illinois
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed the first week of April 2014 and had a fabulous time! We arrived late on Saturday 4/5 and were welcomed with a glass of champagne and the gals at the front desk. Exceptional service provided by EVERYONE we encountered. A few honorable mentions go to Ilberto and Norma at the pool, Sheila at the Whale Bar, and from the spa-Lydia, Ruth and Jorge. All the waiters were courteous and provided great service. The food at Don Diego and by the pool was great! Have no complaints about the drinks either. I am a wine drinker and was very happy with the red and white selections offered. We also ate at the italian food restaurant one night and loved the dishes we were served! The whale bar was a great stop after dinner to enjoy drinks and the night air. America and the entertainment staff work so hard to provide fun things to do. The grounds are immaculate and we were very happy with our room, 1314. You don't have to leave the resort to have a great vacation!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1314 on the ocean side and were very happy with our room. We were close to the bridge...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pbarden
Dear Pbarden,
It was a pleasure for us to host you at your second home: Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos. We thank you for all your comments and for mentioning people from our staff, we are really glad that you remember their names.

We loved that you didn’t have to leave the hotel to have a great vacation! And we hope to have you back soon to welcome you, and to make you feel like home.

Please contact us if you are planning to come back to Cabo, we are ready to host you!

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed May 5, 2014

What can I say about Sandos Finisterra? I’ll start by saying that I know excellent hospitality and customer/guest service, as I work in the hotel industry myself; and my boyfriend and I had an AMAZING time! We were just there not even a week ago (April 27-May 1) and upon arrival we were greeted so warmly by the front desk staff, concierge, and bell men, especially Jose. The room was clean, nice, large, and it overlooked 4 pools and the ocean. The views are spectacular. Not only did we have an outstanding view from the balcony of our room but the buffet restaurant, Don Diego, had an awesome view of the Marina as well; where you could enjoy a meal and a cocktail while looking at boats and yachts. Down by the marina, which was directly across the street you have the option to shop, go on a fishing trip, swim with the dolphins, eat and drink, or do whatever your heart desires. Everything is in such close proximity to the resort. In fact, on our first night we walked to the downtown area and partied down at Squid Roe and other local bars, which we had a blast. Every day at the resort we relaxed at the pool; laying out getting our bronze on and taking a dip at the pool with the swim up bar. All cocktails were delicious, especially the Bahama mama, those were tasty. The servers and bartenders were so friendly, and kept the drinks flowing. Before you finished the cocktail you were currently working on they were offering you another. America and another girl (I feel awful that I can’t remember her name), the entertainment directors, were so good at their jobs. They were always happy and interacting with everyone; trying to and getting everyone involved in activities, such as bingo, learning how to make a mojito, water zumba, and many, many more. America is definitely the heart of the hotel and everyone loved her. The food was good; you could order food anytime of the day. Our favorite meal was the rooster fish my boyfriend caught on his fishing trip. He brought the fillets to Aguave, the restaurant attached to the swim up bar/pool, and they made us some delicious sashimi, and seasoned fish that were both so flavorful. It was amazing that they cooked up and served us my boyfriend’s fresh catch. We also enjoyed Don Diego’s and the Italian restaurant as well. There is so much this resort has to offer; unfortunately, we just didn’t have enough time to do it all. They have a spa on site, a disco, and they host themed events at night. As much as you want to do it all, there just isn’t enough time in the day. I cannot wait to return, and I highly recommend Sandos Finisterra.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JayVee923
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Reviewed May 3, 2014

After a nice flight with family and friends we arrived at airport and got through the airport as fast as we could to avoid the timeshare people(don't stop inside the airport until you get completely outside where all the shuttles and taxis are. We found are shuttle Cabo Transfers which I highly recommend to get you to your hotel, shuttle was very clean and driver very good. After arriving at Finisterra check in was a breeze, here is where it got a little rough we were taken to the 7th floor which I highly recommend for a great view of the pacific ocean I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and out of the faucet was brown water long story short I guess they were digging on the property somewhere and the dirt got into the water ??????? but it was only our room and next door as we had friends two doors down and they had no problem. I went down to the front desk and asked to be moved Grace at the front desk was very nice and got us moved to a different room down on the 2nd floor where the room was twice the size but the view of the ocean was blocked by 3 large palm trees (#1216) This was the only issue we had with this resort. The entertainment staff America, Dinelly, and Erick kept things fun at the pool The Ironman contest was a blast. The food was above average for an all inclusive, lastly thanks to Norma at the pool for keeping my glass full you are awesome, and to Jorge the bell man it was such a great pleasure to talk with you about catching and releasing my Marlin and to here the stories of the big ones that used to be caught their.

Room Tip: Stay on the 7th floor this will be the most unobstructed view of the ocean
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Posada Real Los Cabos
#22 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,216 reviews
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos? Share your experiences!