“Pamper, pamper, pamper!”

Ranked #22 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Fife, Washington
“Pamper, pamper, pamper!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was the first my boyfriend and I have been here. We felt like King and Queen during our stay! The hospitality shown by all of the employees was incredible! They went above and beyond, all day, every day. I barely had to ask for anything. Whether we were in our room ordering room service, or at the Agave pool bar and restuarant being helped, very kindly by Aswaldo, Jorge, Jesus and David. Or having our picture taken by Pedro and having a nice conversation with him. And I can't forget my breakfast's at Don Diego. Janny's and Lorenzo were the best. All of the food, whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner, it was all amazing...I wasn't disappointed with one thing I had, no joke! All the ladies at the front desk were a pleasure as well as Jorge, the bellman. Such a sweet man. Thanks to all of you for making our stay, a fabulous one! :-) :-)
Oops, I do have one thing to say about the grounds...they were impecably maintained however, I would have loved to see more flowers than cantus.
Take care my friends! :-)

3 Thank Nicole030472

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (798)
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My husband and I needed to escape our cold Washington state weather! We couldn't have planned a better escape then to Cabo San Lucas and even better was the resort that we stayed at...Sandos Finisterra was in a perfect location for us! We did an all-inclusive and the food, drinks, and staff were absolutely amazing! Plenty to do on the resort if you just want to hang out and not do the town...lay out by any one of the several pools, go dancing at the Whales bar, relax at the spa, or treat yourself to an espresso with a delicious cupcake! Make sure that you look up Mimi (front office), Sheila (keeps the bars and restaurants hopping), Javier and Oscar at the pool bar/restaurant...they made our vacation extra special, wonderful staff personnel! We will be back amigos!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the main street but it was quiet because it was the private street to the resor...
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We just returned from a 4 night stay...Overall, we got an amazing deal on this trip so no regrets. I would try another resort next time to experience something different - probably adults-only, somewhere with a different location and hopefully better food.

-Staff is extremely nice and helpful.
-Amazing view/location from up on the cliffs, plus the beach is private. Entrance is up a steep hill so it's not the place to stay if you have physical limitations.
-Property is huge and was not very busy, never had an issue getting a table, beach chair, etc.
-Quick walk down the hill and across the street to marina. Marina is nice to walk around, however there are the standard tacky party bars and stuff catering to tourists, especially since the cruise ships dock here. If you are looking for a tour, there are plenty of vendors you can negotiate with right there versus booking online.
-Not much nightlife at the resort. There was live music or parties some nights but hardly any participation. Food & drinks stop at 10:00 so that might be part of the problem.

-Rooms are either renovated, very modern rooms that mostly look at the marina or the "ocean view jr suites", which are dated and do not look like a luxury hotel. Pay attention to the exact names of the rooms when you are booking. We had an old room on the 7th floor but it was clean, VERY high ceilings, strong AC unit (very loud but drowns out party noise) and had amazing views from the balcony (although the furniture is plastic lawnchairs!)

-After you check in at the front desk, they offer you champagne and tell you to talk with someone else before you can get the keys. This person reviews the amenities and restaurants with you, and THEN tries to invite you to breakfast to hear about timeshares. Obviously you can just say no at that point. It took 3-4 "no's" but then she gave up and we got our wristbands and keys.

-If you are a serious foodie, this resort is not going to live up to your standards. If you are most Americans and/or you are not staying too long, you'll be happy.
-Portions are deliberately small but that was a good thing since it's easy to eat way too much.
-The only wine that comes with the all inclusive is a house red or house white (they are not good). You can pay extra for better wine. This was a disappointment.
-For breakfast, the buffet has anything you could ever want. Sitting outside was the best part. For dinner the buffet tries to mix it up with "theme" nights (e.g., Brazilian or BBQ).
-The Mexican restaurant probably had the best food but I got sick of that since it's really the only option for lunch.
-We went offsite for dinner once and it was the best meal of the trip (Maro's Shrimp House).
-If you are adventurous, for lunch, there are several food trucks hidden back in a parking lot across the street from the resort. Street tacos, and no tourists back there.

-I ordered many different mixed drinks that had multiple ingredients and couldn't taste alcohol in any of them. If you want to be assured you are actually getting alcohol, I would stick to beer or 2-ingredient liquor drinks, go to the bar where you can see it being made rather than ordering from a waiter, and ask for doubles.

-Overall a very nice place. 70% of the resort has been beautifully renovated and the scenery/views are to die for. The lobby and older section of rooms are not luxurious but you don't spend as much time there anyway.

5 Thank Izzy1031
Webrelations, Manager at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Izzy1031:

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at our resort!
We are glad to know that you spent a good time with us. We have shared your comments with our staff and we are working to improve on each point that you mentioned.

We hope to have you back soon and to show our improvements.
Thank you once again!

Kind regards from Cabo!
La Puente, California
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at Sandos on my trip to Cabo San Lucas and it was an amazing experience. The resort is beautiful, food was delicious and staff was ridiculously amazing. Everyone at the resort was curtious and always willing to assist. Some of those who left an impression where Abraham from Emilios, Sheila the manager for the bars, Osvaldo the waiter from the Mexican restaurant by the pools, Jesus from the pool bar, and Jorge the supervisor just to name a few. Also me and my wife had a fun time at the club held by Emilios, its awesome and the DJ was the best! Always willing to play the guests music request and bartenders never missing a beat. Overall great experience in Cabo and the impression left on me by the staff will last a lifetime, thank you guys. HIGHLY RECOMMEND to those considering Sanos Finesterra, you wont be disappointed. Also please give the workers in the bar matts because I did see an employee slip, looked very painful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paulmN6342KC
Dear Paul M:

We thank you for your kind comments in regards Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos! We know how valuable our staff is and this is the reason why we incentive them when they left impressions on our guests.
We sent your comments to our General Manager in regards to the matts, thank you for caring about our staff and letting us know this situation.

Please let us know if you come back, it will be our pleasure to host you again.

Kind regards from sunny Cabo!
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband, myself, and our 11 year old daughter stayed here from 4/3-4/8/2014. The days in Cabo were pleasantly warm with virtually no humidity. Absolutely gorgeous and I prefer Cabo now over several other destinations in which I've vacationed within Mexico. So beautiful. I'd also love to give a little shout out to the company that transported us to/from the airport, El Arco. The hotel recommended them when I was making arrangements and I was a little twitchy to just trust one email from a guy there saying our SUV was booked, but I can't say enough about Paco and the service they provided. Our flight in was delayed 2 hours and it can be scary as it is navigating a foreign airport and fighting your way through people selling time shares. However, Paco was front and center right outside the exit, holding up the biggest sign of any out there, with our name on it, spelled correctly. He offered us a cold beer from his cooler immediately, loaded our luggage, and got us quickly away from the busy airport and to our hotel. For the ride back, he was a few minutes early and just as professional and courteous. He even warned us on the front end to avoid people in the airport selling time shares. Fantastic service. Anyway, to the hotel - Honestly, I expected worse as far as the timeshare pressure was concerned. I saw it mentioned in some reviews and was ready to fight to the death to get away from them, but really it wasn't that bad at all. Upon arrival they meet you outside and plop a glass of champagne into your hand, then direct you to check-in where they will process your info at the front desk and then give you over to a concierge who goes over all of the restaurants and amenities with you and asks about activities. They then offer to get you largely reduced prices on activities if you'll go to their 1.5 hour timeshare breakfast. It might actually be worth it to go because activities are expensive and they did offer a large cut in the prices. However, I told Paula outright that it wasn't going to happen, she offered an even bigger discount, I said no again politely, she said let me know if you change your mind - and never bothered us again for the whole trip. I've been badgered worse for time share sales at places where my family actually already HAD a timeshare! This was really nothing. Just be firm and clear right away and they'll be cool. It did bother me that, after a long flight and drive, despite my prior request and clearly having a child with us, they gave us a room with one king bed. They encouraged us to use the sofa bed but that was a big heck no. They did quickly move us to another room but it was on the first floor, which I wasn't happy about, and the hotel did NOT at all seem so crowded that there wasn't a comparable room on a higher floor. We were exhausted though and the room was very nice so we just kept it. The room was spacious with a nice living room area and smart storage that I haven't seen in other hotels. In the bathroom there is a closet area with two small drawers and a cubby for stashing things, which was really helpful so you don't have to leave all your toiletries either out on the sink or kept in their bags the whole time. I liked that a lot. There's also a window in the shower to vent the air and fantastic water pressure. Each room has a water cooler/dispenser with a large jug on top so that you have a good amount of drinkable water without having to always live out of small bottles. That was brilliant as well. Also, the mini bar (included and stocked each day!) was in a cabinet that had a shelf on top so you could stash your snacks and things and not have to leave those out either. Lots of clever things like that which keep the room cleaner and make the stay more pleasant. Beds were comfy enough and housekeeping came early each day and did a decent job. Our room was always clean by the time we got back from breakfast. Another surprise was the food. I thought I saw in a couple reviews that the food wasn't very good but we were pretty impressed with Don Diego's buffet. Firstly, the view up there is amazing. Absolutely stunning and I could sit all there day and bask in the breeze and sunshine watching the yachts in the marina. They have an 'Italian' restaurant called Emiliano's or something like that and it wasn't that great. Nice ambiance, clean, great service, but it's kind of pretend Italian food and wasn't good enough to keep us away from the buffet again for the duration of the trip. Besides, you won't want to eat anywhere else after seeing the view at DD's! The buffet there is expansive with a great variety, fresh food, cooked well, laid out beautifully. Dessert was impressive and there's a lot of it. We all thought it was great and looked forward to eating there for breakfast & dinner each day. Agave is the casual restaurant for lunch at the pool and, while the food is okay there, the service was slow. I think the small kitchen there has a hard time keeping up. They have a decent menu to order from or a mini-buffet if you don't want to wait. The staff is super sweet and accommodating though, as it is everywhere there. The one disappointing part was the Cupcake Cafe. Maybe this is better maintained during busier times but I was so excited to have a separate cafe to grab latte's in the morning and for my daughter to be able to hang out in and have cupcakes on demand. However, they had only a few kinds of cupcakes available each day and they weren't all that great or fresh. The coffee and latte's were good but we only went there a couple times after seeing that the pastries weren't that impressive. They offer a Nutella cupcake and I was really excited about that but there were never any actually made, along with several other flavors. My daughter loved the smoothies though and the novelty of the cafe was fun. It would just be so much better if they actually made everything on the menu fresh each day so that was kind of a bummer. It's the same view as the restaurant over at the cafe and there is nice seating outside on the deck so you can get some coffee and hang out there for a while. There's also a stage in that area and some seating where they do theme nights and discos for the kids and things like that. It was pretty sparse and quiet when we went though. This place is great for couples or families but it's definitely not a wild, party 'spring break' spot, which we loved! Something for the 20 somethings to keep in mind though when looking for a hotel. You want to be on the bay side of the marina near Medano & Nikki beach where the crazy party is. This resort is more relaxed but it's in the perfect location and the marina is a quick walk across the street, the beach is huge (no swimming on the Pacific side), the waves are huge and crash along the shore where you can play in the sand, there are ample chairs with umbrellas and even some hammocks to hang out in on the sand. It's a gorgeous location. If you want to swim in the ocean you can jump on a water taxi at the marina for a few bucks and cruise right over to the public beaches. I heard the building on the side further from the pools is the renovated area but I enjoyed being closer to the pools. I can't attest to whether those rooms are much nicer than what we got but ours was nice. The staff at the entire place was eager to please, polite, spoke good English, had a great sense of humor, etc. and made the whole experience great. Really good people. My only real beef was not getting the room we wanted at first and then not being put on a higher floor considering it wasn't very crowded at all, and the pastries at Cupcake Cafe not being up to par. Otherwise, I'd happily go there again and we all enjoyed the place very much. The pools are big and comfy and beautiful. I can't stress enough how gorgeous the view is from the restaurants on the hill. They have the best spot up there to watch the marina and the town and see the mountains in the background. Just beautiful. I loved that there are no exclusions to the 'all inclusive' except services at the spa and you don't have to make any reservations. Just carry lots of singles and fives for tips and they'll be eager to keep you happy the whole time. I do think some kind of bar or entertainment spot in the lobby would be nice, as more people might get drawn in and congregate there, since you have to intentionally go looking for the action behind the hotel otherwise, but it's not a huge deal. I'd definitely love to go back!!

Room Tip: Don't assume your request from the time of booking will stick. Clarify AT CHECK-IN if you want 2...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank MKIH88
Henderon
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was our first visit to Cabo. We had a wonderful time at the resort. The entire staff went above and beyond to make our experience there was best possible. The entertainment team is one of the best.

• Stayed April 2014
Provo, Utah
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Sandos has done a wonderful job with the remodel of the Finisterra. We've been going there for 23 years and were very impressed with the changes and staff. Impressed enough to buy another 40 weeks with the Sandos Resorts group. My wife and I had a great time. Still love Cabo.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#14 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos? Share your experiences!