Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Viva Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Siesta Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
3,175 results
All reviewsdon diegocupcake cafecupcakeswhale watcher bartortuga beachwhite partyagave restaurantvip poolstones clubroyal elite membersfinisterra suiteswim up barmiddle poolocean viewtime shareentertainment teammichael jackson show
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We have been coming here for 15 years now and love it! Last year we joined the new Sandos Finisterra royal elite club. They have done a wonderful job on the new rooms and restaurants. I would have to say I think they need to improve on the menu and food quality. Overall the food was avarage. My husband did have the beef medallions and he enjoyed them. For those of you with kids good luck! They do not have a lot of the typical foods such as chicken fingers, BLT, grilled cheese, etc.... The only kind of cheese they have is mozzarella.
I would like to see more 'American' food. You would think they would have this as you would think they are catering to the North American.s. The hamburger meat looks more like a mystery meat and was to scary to try.

When we signed up last year and we were told there was bottle service to the room. NOT TRUE!
On the 3 rd night I ordered a couple of margarita's from room service and was told there is NO liquor service to the room.

There are a few different colors of the wrist bands.. Black is royal elite (the top level) purple which is all inclusive but no top level liquor and white which is al la cart.

All of the bars are suppose to have top shelf liquor but they don't most of the bar tenders know us so we didn't have much of a problem but other guests did. They were told they have to go up the the VIP lounge to get the top liquor. These are all royal elite guests we were having a drink with. My husband and I got served top shelf and they others did not.

We did met some people that had bought at other sandos destinations and they said that the finisterra is not up to par yet. The other sandos property are so much better. The food and the way they are treated is an entirely different experience.

The staff is great! The bell boys: Al, Freddy, And Jorge
Don Deiago: Jannis and Sheila
The Pool: Norma, Joel, America, Abraham ,and America.
Front desk: Roberto and Margarita thank you both!

Please beware: if you do not have your bracelet when you check out they will charge you $90 for each one. They make you sign a form agreeing to this but do not mention it when you are checking in or give you a copy of the form so you can read it later. I believe this is another way to get your $$$. Nice way to treat there so called guests. People who want to visit the property for the day are charged $45 for a day pass but they charge there owe guests $90 for the same.
Pretty sad on there part. I found it to be extremly classless and distasteful. Shame on them for deceiving their paying guests.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We just got back from a long-weekend at this resort, and had a wonderful time. Here are my thoughts:

Location: It is hard to beat the location of this hotel. It is on a secluded beach, shared by only a few other resorts, and it feels very private. At the same time, it is a very short walk to the marina and downtown. On two mornings, I was able to go for nice run downtown around the harbor. I tend to get a little claustrophobic if I’m stuck at a resort for too many days, and this one is ideally positioned to let you go for a walk into town if you feel like it. You can also easily walk to an area where you can rent water taxis or other boat tours to go farther afield.

Pools: The pool facility is huge, and we never had a problem getting a chair. In fact, we could usually get a whole cabana. One pool in the center had louder music and “activities organizers” who had some stupid games and contests and stuff. The other pools were more sedate, however, so you could escape there if you wanted to read. On the whole, there was a good mix of people from college-age to older, everyone doing their own thing. There were also hardly any children in the pools, which was nice.

Room: We had a room in the older wing of the hotel. It was definitely a little bit dated, but everything was clean and nice. The beds were comfortable and we had an unobstructed view of the ocean from our balcony. I woke up a few times went groups of drunk people walked by our door, but for the most part sound wasn’t a problem.

Food: The food was good, not great. We were only there for 3-days, but if you were there for a week it might get a little tiresome. They have several new restaurants overlooking the town, all of which have a Southern-California fancy-mall-restaurant vibe. The buffets were generally good, however the “sit-down” Itallian restaurant was kind of blah. The best restaurant was Tortuga Bay, which is right on the beach, and which served great breakfast and lunch. They also have a great bar with tons of high-end drinks. For lunch, most people just ate from a buffet they had set up by the pool, which was not bad, as far as pool-side buffets go.

Entertainment: Every night they had some sort of entertainment and theme party. These were, at least on the days we were there, uniformly pretty lame. One night they had some “fire-dancers” on the beach, and another night it was a pretty awful cover-band on a stage. There were only about a dozen people in the audience, with a few middle-aged people dancing by the stage. Ditto with the night-club, which was pretty dead the nights we were there. I think most people who were actually interested in nightlife after 10pm, probably just headed downtown (which is not far away).

So, all in all, I would definitely recommend this place. The location is great, the beach and pools were great, and the bars were great. While the food and rooms were not spectacular, they were certainly nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrPizz
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our 7 night stay. Did a lot of research to choosing the resort to stay at, to do our 25th anniversary wedding renewal and we chose the right one. Check in staff was super friendly! Got served a glass of champagne as you check in. We were so surprised that we did not get hit on with the timeshare people. The resort is built off a rock hill with the best view of the marina and ocean. Our Ocean view junior suite room was nice, clean and great view of ocean & pool area! Showers are great just need to have the bell men show you how to turn them on correctly as they bring you into your room. Could watch the whales swim just off shore.The location is perfect and walking distance of the marina area. The beach is beautiful to take a great walk, lay out in the sun but unable to swim in the ocean due to the under tow is so strong. The 4 restaurants on property served the most wonderful meals and have great staff especially Abraham at Tortuga Mexican /Baja Cuisine restaurant and Fransisco, Jesus & Carla at the Emilianno's(was called Blue Marlin in the past). Loved the Cupcake Cafe where you can get a huge variety of bakery items and different choices of coffee. Don Diego has great breakfast buffet and does different theme meals each night. The entertainment staff out at the pool and evening shows are a lot of fun. 4 pools to chose to swim and relax in. The middle one next to Mexican restaurant has a swim up bar but every pool has waiters that come up to you for drink orders. Bring a lot of $1 dollar bills for tips for the drinks and meals. The entire spa is remarkable, great staff and so beautiful! Recommend getting a massage there! Best one ever I have ever been to! Even did a 2nd massage on the beach. Lupita did a fantastic job on our 25th anniversary wedding renewal on the beach with just my husband and I, no guests. It was so romantic, beautifully decorated, had a very nice minister, and hired a great professional photographer. Had most beautiful dinner after ceremony outside on balcony at Emiliannos! Looking for a place to renewal your vows or do a destination wedding? We highly recommend this resort who will help plan it all out! Pedro the resort photographer also took pictures of our wedding and did a fantastic job! Most of the staff knew our names and became great friends, hugging us good bye on our last day. Not one complaint about this resort! Thank you to all the hotel staff for making this dream trip the most romantic fun trip ever! We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Loved the ocean view junior suite that over looked the pool areas and ocean! Fun sitting out on the balcony watching whales, listening to music and greatest view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My sister and I had a great time inspight of having problems with our shower and brown water! The problem was fixed but she got her iPad stolen while the maintenance men were in our room. It put a damper on things as it was never recovered.
I can't say enough about the wonderful staff though. We loved Jorge and Alvaro the bell men.Jorge and Moises and all the waiters at Tortuga were awesome!lorenzo and Jennys at DonDiego. We had fabulous meals and experience at Emilianno's thanks to Jesus and Carla! Lastly the entire spa staff and the spa itself is first class!! Thanks to all mentioned.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at the Sandos Finisterra for 10 days at the end of February. We chose this resort because of the location. We wanted to be within walking distance of the marina area. We made the right decision because the location was perfect. The resort is built into a hill so the views are spectacular. We were very happy with our room (we had an oceanview jr suite, overlooking the ocean and pool area). The resort was very clean and my husband and I thought the food was very good. The breakfast buffet at Don Diego had everything you could possibly want for breakfast (excellent bacon) and the dinner buffet varied each night of the week, so you didn't feel that you were always eating the same things. I really enjoyed the Cupcake Café. It is a small café where you can get coffees, cappuccinos, etc. They also had a variety of bakery items. The iced chai latte was exceptional. The view from the Cupcake Café was wonderful. It overlooked the marina and you got a good view of any cruise ships that may be docked there. All of the employees were very pleasant and friendly. There were a couple of small things that we thought could be improved on. The service at the swim-up bar was very slow at times. Many times there would be several people waiting for a drink. I think they were a little short-staffed. The young lady at the front desk that checked us in was not friendly at all. That was the only person that I can honestly say was not friendly. After giving our name at the desk, we were told we had to go over to another desk (there were 2 small desks set up in the lobby area) to get our room keys. This was not true. This was a woman trying to talk us into a timeshare presentation. We firmly told her we were not interested and she then told us we needed to go back to the main desk for our keys. We also wish there would have been some type of lounge/bar where you could go before or after dinner to have a drink or two. The options at night were very limited, but since this resort is so close to the marina, you can certainly find some nightly activity there. There were 3 large pools on the main level, but only the pool with the swim-up bar was heated. The other two were quite cold. A couple of things we were very happy with concerning the pool area were the fact that you did not need to get up at the crack of dawn to put towels on chairs so you'd have a place to sit and clean beach towels were put in your room each night. They had so many chairs and lounges available around the pool and on the beach that you could always find a spot no matter what time of the day it was. If you are looking for a good, very reasonable place to eat at the marina, go to Maro's Shrimp House. My husband & I each ordered the combo platter, which includes 1/4 kilo of shrimp, 1/4 kilo of lobster, rice, veggies and salsa & chips for $16.90 each. Delicious! We also splurged on our last night and ate at Ruth's Chris (by the marina). This is not a place to eat if you're on a budget, but it was wonderful and the food was excellent. Overall, Sandos is a great place and we would recommend it to anyone going to Cabo.

Room Tip: The oceanview room was great, however it would have been a little better to be on a higher floor. We were on floor 3 and the palm trees blocked most of the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple