Trying to spend a nice birthday evening with friends who were staying at Finisterra turned into a major downer. Had to pass inspection at the gate and were "welcomed" by a security guard in the lobby asking what we were doing there if we were not guests. We notified our freinds that we were waiting for them in the lobby since we were not even allowed to sit on the the patio, without paying a $60.00 per person pass. !!!!! Couldn't go to the bar, restaurant or their room to enjoy the bottle of champagne they had brought with them. We had a guard standing nearby the entire time. The GM came over to ask if there was a problem and immediately saw my displeasure and made notes of the experience. We ended up taking the champagne with us to a nearby restaurant and enjoyed it with dinner. Flabbergasted by the lack of hospitality, etc. Understanding the problem of thievery, security needs to be aware, but this was ABSURD! I recall the beautiful views from the bar years ago and will try not to erase them now with this time. Sad. Cabo has lost so much of its magic..... shame. More like Miami or Cancun than the romantic getaway it once was. Construction or demolition on every other block. Choose your hotel carefully. We are staying in town via a very good online deal, and thankfully some of the local bars below our Suite are closed or we would not have gotten any sleep whatsoever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas