“Lots of potential here!”

Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
Ranked #26 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay here. Lets start with the good points. Food, atmosphere, friendly staff, and all around a great resort. Well worth the money but could be much better.

I understand the whole time share pitch but seriously guys, we are paying good money to go on a nice RELAXING vacation, and actually not be bothered but rather pampered. We were not aware that this was going to happen so beware! The more people that know about this the less likely Sandos is to continue this shady business practice. We were talked into listening to the presentation in order to get some discounts on a fishing trip and the Cactus ATV ride, which by the way is awesome and a must do! Our guide was very cordial, nice and all around easy going. We enjoyed her. Unfortunately at the end of the presentation they take you into a room where the sharks are, (the closers) and the experience is something next to buying a used car in TJ. Actually it's worse.

Our guide had Aldo (the closer) come over and speak to us. He is arrogant, self centered, and rude. Three times during the closing pitch he came over and asked ridiculous questions such as and I quote "If you could purchase this entire package for 1 dollar would you do it?" My wife and I had never listened to a time share pitch before and we really went into it with an open mind. Aldo came over time and time again asking more personal questions about our spending habits etc., and then it got worse. When I had answered his question he sat there for a minute with a blank look on his face and then said "You know every person that walks through my door has already pre-decided to say NO to this package". I stopped him right there and my wife and I both said " No that wasn't true, that we had an open mind but we were simply going to pass." He then stated in an extremely distasteful fashion " I hate to break it to you, but you guys are no different than everybody else. You are not special." At this point I stopped him and he kept trying to spin it in a different direction but it was too late. I stood up and asked if he wanted to discuss his behavior towards me and my wife outside. Seriously this man was taking up MY vacation time, and insulting me and my wife? I assure all of you that you do NOT want to do this presentation and I will be writing a formal complaint to Sandos to have Aldo removed from ANY future public interaction with paying clients. For this reason my hotel and vacation experience with Sandos does not deserve the rating that it is capable of.

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank Brick760
VentasFinisterra, Guest Relations Manager at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Hello, Brandon D;

Thank you for your comments; they are very important for us.
We are truly sorry to read that you have any inconveniences even coming from external situations out of our control.
We have resolved this major issue finding a company that provides us with this service.
Please send me an email with your contact information to rp.finisterra@sandos.com, I will call you to arrange everything that you need as soon as we receive your email.
We hope to meet you here and as always, go over your expectations.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,055)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

just back from a week at this hotel, this was my first visit to cabo but it will not be my last, the food, service, both in the bars and in the 3 restaurants was fantastic, i would like to make a special mention with regards to the entertainment manager raymondo, who made a great holiday even better, thanks to all the staff for making it a great holiday, we hope to see you all again next year,frank&eileen gates from the uk.

Room Tip: all rooms have a great ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank frank g
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were there from 08-23 thru 08-29...our first vacation in three years! The hotel and property were very well maintained and every one on staff were professional, courteous, helpful and delightful. (Thanks, Marcel & Abraham). The food was EXCELLENT! (Thanks, Angel) The beverage selections were DELIGHTFUL (Thanks, Raymundo)!! Playing BINGO poolside was fun!!! The dynamic duo of Rigoberto & Marco at the beach restaurant were rock'in and EVERY wait staff / bar tender / chef that we interacted with were absolutely top notch (too many to name)!! We will be back - but next time not during Tropical Storm season! With all of the rain from the 2 TS's that came through, we took full advantage of the SPA...LOVED every single treatment we got -- and we got A LOT!! Highly recommend the Sando's Special Massage.

Room Tip: Junior Suite w/Ocean View/5th floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Charlie B
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Food is great 5 star resort. Rooms are great, staff very nice very helpful. Everything was perfect. Very clean the pools were very clean and grounds well
Kept. Beach is not swimmable because location of the Pacific. Meadano Beach not far. Price is excellent!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Chrystal93
Reviewed September 5, 2013

we are still here at the Finisterra, got three more fabulous days left to enjoy everything this hotel has to offer, the food is outstanding both in quality & selection. All the staff here are professional, fun, making our vacation the best ever, a big shout out to Raymonde (activities) at the pool, had so much fun .yesterday trying to do the water exercises, today we have to chill out, just lazing by the pool after last nights entertainment!. Don't ever want to leave Santos FINISTERRA.

I will post another review at the end of our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms we have are 503 505 good value for what we paid, wonderful view of the ocean, but the room...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank limeyp
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 1 year anniversary August 30th - September 3rd. We got a Bay view room, which was amazing. We did agree to sit in on the time share offer, so we were able to see the ocean view room as well, in my opinion the bay view was the better view. No matter what room you get, you have a great view though.

Our room was really nice, and very clean. We were shown to our room, which was missing the AC remote, but the person showing us to the room quickly went and got us a new one.

We ate breakfast at the Don Diego's breakfast buffet, which was really good. Probably the best breakfast buffet I've had in a long time. Wide variety of food, and seemed fresh. We went to breakfast around 10:30, so we were towards the end of the breakfast service, and the food was all still there, and warm! One of the nights we were there, we made a reservation at Blue Marlin(you have to have reservations to eat at this one, and at both restaurants they have a dresscode of no tanks tops or flip flops). To our surprise, they moved the dinner to one of the outdoor bars on the beach overlooking the ocean. We basically at our dinner on the beach, plus the food was awesome!

Everyone was extremely friendly, and very helpful.

I think the only think that wasn't perfect was room service. The couple times we ordered, they told us 25 minutes, but ended up taking over an hour. The 11pm - 6:30am food wasn't the greatest. The Food ordered during regular restaurant hours, though, was very good.

The beach is not swimable because of the riptide, but it was nice because you didn't have to worry about the vendors trying to sell you stuff. We were within walking distance of all the bars and restaurants, but we usually took a taxi. Whether you take a van Taxi or the bicycle taxi it was about $5 - $6 to get into town from the hotel.

The enteretainment was pretty good. They had a band playing behind the Don Diego one night which was actually pretty good.

I did a spa massage while there, and I would definitely reccomend that as well. Very relaxing, and a great massage.

As far as construction, we didn't have any issues with it. We never heard it from our room, and walking the grounds wasn't loud either.

I would definitely reccomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room facing the bay was really cool. At night you could see the all the light of the city. The...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Cassie N
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I would stay here again. The rooms are clean, the food is good along with the drinks and it is walking distance to everything. Oh wait going back here in December 2013. LOVE THIS PLACE!!! The only thing that turned me off was one of the managers from the time share presentation who was rude and lied to us.

• Stayed: December 2012