My wife and I enjoyed our stay here. Lets start with the good points. Food, atmosphere, friendly staff, and all around a great resort. Well worth the money but could be much better.
I understand the whole time share pitch but seriously guys, we are paying good money to go on a nice RELAXING vacation, and actually not be bothered but rather pampered. We were not aware that this was going to happen so beware! The more people that know about this the less likely Sandos is to continue this shady business practice. We were talked into listening to the presentation in order to get some discounts on a fishing trip and the Cactus ATV ride, which by the way is awesome and a must do! Our guide was very cordial, nice and all around easy going. We enjoyed her. Unfortunately at the end of the presentation they take you into a room where the sharks are, (the closers) and the experience is something next to buying a used car in TJ. Actually it's worse.
Our guide had Aldo (the closer) come over and speak to us. He is arrogant, self centered, and rude. Three times during the closing pitch he came over and asked ridiculous questions such as and I quote "If you could purchase this entire package for 1 dollar would you do it?" My wife and I had never listened to a time share pitch before and we really went into it with an open mind. Aldo came over time and time again asking more personal questions about our spending habits etc., and then it got worse. When I had answered his question he sat there for a minute with a blank look on his face and then said "You know every person that walks through my door has already pre-decided to say NO to this package". I stopped him right there and my wife and I both said " No that wasn't true, that we had an open mind but we were simply going to pass." He then stated in an extremely distasteful fashion " I hate to break it to you, but you guys are no different than everybody else. You are not special." At this point I stopped him and he kept trying to spin it in a different direction but it was too late. I stood up and asked if he wanted to discuss his behavior towards me and my wife outside. Seriously this man was taking up MY vacation time, and insulting me and my wife? I assure all of you that you do NOT want to do this presentation and I will be writing a formal complaint to Sandos to have Aldo removed from ANY future public interaction with paying clients. For this reason my hotel and vacation experience with Sandos does not deserve the rating that it is capable of.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas