The property in itself (even being under construction) was beautiful. The construction can only be heard in certain parts of the property. It is very quiet by the beach and the pools and most of the restaurants. The location was great. We were able to enjoy a quiet beach, as well a short walk into town (10 mins) and the marina(4-5 mins). The beach is non swimmable due to the large crashing waves, however, it was amazing to watch such waves break. Swimmable beaches as well as the "Arch" are a short (4-5 mins) water taxi ride away from the marina. Security at the entrance to the property as well as visible throughout the resort made us feel safe and comfortable during our stay. The maintenance crew was professional and efficient. The property grounds were extremely clean and comfortable. We did notice even the small details of the staff cleaning the grounds daily. All pool furniture and beach chairs were completely wiped down and clean. The towels were clean and fresh. The pools were very clean. We noticed staff checking the chemical levels (even in the waterfalls and other water features) round the clock. We noticed daily cleaning of all the common area hand rails, glass areas, windows, etc... being wiped down every day throughout the day.
On the service side, we cannot compliment enough. The food was enjoyable and tasty in all 4 restaurants we dined in. There was a large variety on each menu. Every service staff we interacted with was amazing. We were happy to tip to each to show our appreciation of excellent service. I would like to take the time to thank and compliment some specific individuals for going above and beyond to make our stay extremely enjoyable and memorable.
J. Caesar (waiter – Blue Marlin Restaurant). He was extremely pleasant, efficient and attentive during our dining experience. He went above and beyond to make our experience more than we could have expected. He was very personable, engaged in conversation with us, and was very informative about the Los Cabos area.
Jorge (bartender – Tortuga) We highly enjoy the service at the Tortuga. Jorge always welcomed us, making amazing drinks and engaging in conversation. The food was amazing and the service great!
Norma (waitress – Agave), Oscar (waiter –in training), Jesus (waiter), J.Luis (waiter), and Antonio (bar tender- VIP bar) were all wonderful serving our needs throughout our dining experience. We found ourselves looking for tables in their area. They were also very personable, engaging in conversation with us, and even addressed us by our names.
Our all inclusive vacation package stated tips were included, however we tipped in addition for the wonderful service we received. The staff was very grateful.
As for the language barrier people are complaining about.... (I don't speak much Spanish, very few words), keep in mind you are in a different country. SPANISH IS THE LANGUAGE THERE. We used the words we knew, and even learned some more just in conversation. Instead of complaining about their English, be grateful they even speak English for your benefit. You apparently don't speak Spanish when foreign visitors come to the United States, how do you expect it the other way around? Take the time to listen (and learn).
All in all, we had a great stay. I gave a "very good" rating rather than the "excellent" rating only because the current construction and renovations in progress could be a problem for some. We are looking forward to coming back when the construction and renovations are complete. I know it is going to be an amazingly beautiful resort upon completion. We visited as a married couple, however, it is perfect for family with kids of all ages as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas