I visited this property in July 2013. It is a beautiful resort in the heart of Cabo, located across the street from the marina. It is well within walking distance of pretty much everything. Cabo Wabo and The Giggling Marlin are a few blocks away. Excursions such as fishing, water taxis, dinner cruises and the like are all located at the marina. The only taxi we needed was for the trip to and from the airport.
Sandos Finisterra is currently undergoing improvements to the property. The construction noise did not interfere in any way with our vacation experience. In fact, we look forward to returning to see the finished result.
The spa is absolutely gorgeous. If you're interested in a massage, I highly recommend, Alberto. He is fantastic.
The food for the most part was excellent and the serving staff friendly and accommodating. The resort provided the best buffet breakfast we have ever had. Along with the expected breakfast items, they included traditional Mexican breakfast fare.
The guest room shown on the resorts website looked nothing like the room we were given. It's not a complaint. Our room was adequate, but the view made up for any discrepancy. Overlooking the pools and Pacific Ocean, we couldn't ask for anything better.
DOWNSIDE: We were turned off a bit by the pressure of the concierge upon check-in. You will be coaxed into signing up for a "tour" of the property. If you're interested in timeshares, this may not be a turn off. After being accosted by timeshare representatives at the airport the last thing we wanted was more pressure from the resort.
Also, it is listed as an all-inclusive resort. Upon hearing this, some would think money is not needed on the property. Tips are not discouraged and the wait staff will gratefully accept them. I just thought I would mention it.
All in all, we would definitely stay at this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas