“Wonderful experience 7/13-7/17/2013”

Ranked #23 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Ontario
“Wonderful experience 7/13-7/17/2013”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have never been to Cabo before, so we really had no idea what we were doing. Finnisterras a beautiful hotel, great views, great restaurants but most of all great staff. The staff made us feel very welcome. Freddy from front desk, Norma one of our servers and crazy Joel for entertainment were all so nice and helpful! Alejandro also helped us a lot during breakfast! Everyone who worked in this hotel were fantastic! The rooms were clean, everything was well organized! I would definitely come back to this hotel again!

Room Tip: 7th floor is where dinners are all served, but all of the floors have perfect views. We stayed in th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kaela B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Polish first
Long Beach, California
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We spent 6 nights at this Terrific Hotel in a relaxing Junior Suite with a Panoramic View of the Pools & Ocean. The location is close to town, Marina, Modano Beach, Mall, Restraunts, Clubs, everything in walking distance. The staff is Very helpful, kind and hard working. We were treated like Royalty. I Encourage U all to leave Common Courtesy Tips. Don Diego Restraunt is very Gourmet with a view. Breakfast Buffet is terrific.The Adult & all Beverages never end. The rooms, swimming pools & entire property is extremely clean. See Juan for all Activities or Excursions for discount deals. You lightly hear Construction, the tide is louder. The Entire Trip was well Worth my pay and I encourage others to experience an enjoyable Vacation for the value.

Room Tip: Our room was Non Smoking side, 5th floor, facing pool and Pacific Ocean. Awesome View. Clean, quite...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank 7Mares_13
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We are owners @ this resort. The only people I can say went out of their way to make our stay pleasant were Freddy the bellman along with other bellman (can't remember name), Rudolfo @ pool very attentive, good customer skills. Otherwise, From the moment @ checkin and checkout Eduardo @ front desk was not pleasant, very rude. @ first he could not find our reservation, had no compassion in helping us. @ checkout he would not give us a printed reciept then when he did, he wouldn't give me reciept showing a zero balance. I felt intimidated to go to front desk and ask for help. The bellman were more helpful. The concierge was glad to chase us down everyday until we went to her presentation and turned them down on making a new timeshare purchase. After that she would not look @ us and could care less what we had going. The pool was not very clean. After swimming we would have a stench on us. We all got skin/flesh disease that came from dirty pool/loungers/towels that are not disinfected. It's red/purple looking splotches all over our bodies. There is NO pool service!! No one will come take your order. You have to go to bar to order drink. They won't allow food @ pool. You're allowed to order and eat in pool restraunt but cannot take food out to pool. Not to mention prices have gone up and are ridiculous @ pool bar. The new gym is nice. although you cannot remove cups with water and towels from gym. They offer all inclusive service but if your not participating they frown down on you and treat you second class. They make you wear bacteria collecting wrist bands during your stay to identify you are not all inclusive. Overall I don't feel like returning. I will trade my timeshare and stay elsewhere for remainder of contract. If they want us back they need to change customer service and cleanliness.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Princessfancy
VentasFinisterra, Director of Sales at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this review, July 19, 2013

We are very surprised to read about the situation in regards to our towels since this is the first comment we read about it.

We have completed an expensive renovation of our third pool and worked on our pool filtering systems with regular maintenance, It is odd that none of our hundreds of guests has mentioned this. Could this be some type of allergy or reaction to sunscreen?

Regarding our vacation club we have worked diligently to make the introduction of our new program as easy as possible and proof of this is that over two thirds of previous Finisterra owners now have upgraded their memberships. We fully respect those who want to continue with their original program due to time remaining of the program or their personal plans.

Our front desk staff will get a copy of your comments and we will continue to strive for excellence in all our areas. As you can read from other guests they have positive comments about our staff but we can certainly continue to improve.

Thanks again for sharing and we truly hope that you give us the opportunity in the future to serve you again.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary @ Sandos Finisterra & were very pleased with the excellent food & service provided to us by the staff. Norma was our preferred waitress as was our bartender Rodolfo. Crazy Joe is one of the best entertainers we have seen.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Tabira1994
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent five days at this hotel and were very impressed. The staff was excellent and went above and beyond to be helpful. The restaurant chef was also exceptional. My husband caught a marlin and they prepared us a dinner with the fresh fish that was better than any restaurant in New York or San Francisco. The resort was private and beautiful. It was located close to everything, the town and the marina, a short walk. It is not a kids type of place, it's very romantic. We thank Eduardo at the front desk for everything he did for us. Professional, caring and a gentleman! Eddie and Lucia

Room Tip: "Ocean view"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lucia_fmd
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Got to the hotel on 7/2 saw a pile of cement in the middle was already a little bit taken back. Since we got there late they had stopped working, However I was waken by the beautiful sound of tile cutting at 8am. I notified front desk they said they can give me a older room with two beds which is not what I paid for. I spoke to Ramon the sales marketing director and he offered me a deal rest of my days in the upgraded hotel room for 250.00 I was fine with that. He promised me minimal sounds. Come Thursday about 2pm we hear drilling on top of the roof and since we were on the third floor it woke us up from our nap and I called Ramon he came down and said hes going to stop the construction I said ok. Friday it was still a problem however we were at the crappy pool with moody bartenders. However Saturday was the final straw. Again drilling started on our roof sounds like a machine gun in your ear. I went out told the workers we are sleeping and he answered he is working which was rude and extremely ignorant. I called Ramon no Answer so I sent him an email asking for my 250.00 back the sounds are worse than before we upgraded. Went downstairs the manager said that they can give us 30 min free massages. At the same time I got an email back from Ramon stating he will refund me however the front said no refund So i refuse the massage and fled a fraud and lie of service, which they will lose. Anyways point of my story is stay away from this garage hotel. It sucks, sounds are everywhere, management does not know how to cater to their guests and own up to their mistakes Never going here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Laman818
Thanks for your mail Robert.

I also have the mails where we advised you ahead of time of our current condition and we did our best to serve you. Your asistant was able to get one of our lowest promotional rates and needless to say you did enjoy all of our All Inclusive service, meals drinks, gym and spa facilities and I did offer you to change to a different hotel location. You told me everything was fine, that you loved the place and liked the food and service.

We even gave your friends a discounted and extended day pass converted to dinner pass in an effort to complement the noise distractions.

We have a good reputation and Trip Advisor as well as Expedia. Both companies are well aware of clients that try to use their forums in a way to damage a property.
We are ranked in the Top 5 Expedia producers for the destination and we have 4 out of 5 possible points in Trip Advisor. Well above Royal Solaris where you told me you have stayed.

We know we are not perfect but our attempts to meet your requirements unfortunately are now being used against us.

You know that the cost of your basic discounted package was a great deal for what you received, not to mention the special discount offered to your friends, the extension and courtesy dinners and extra use of the rooms.

If you are a business person I trust you will do what is fair.

Best regards,
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We stayed at Finisterra for 2 days at the end of May. We were a little dubious as there were reviews good and bad but we gave it a chance and we are SO glad that we did. The rooms had the most incredible view and were completely new. Super comfortable King size bed (and we booked the cheaper room). Spa bath in the middle of the room. When you arrive you are welcomed by the most lovely reception guys you will ever meet.
The Italian restaurant is amazing. Even in Italy I didn't get Caneloni this good. We had it both nights. It was my birthday on the first night there and the Ceasar in the restaurant organised me a special birthday cake with Happy Birthday written on the plate. Such a sweet touch that they didn't have to do.

The most amazing service we have ever received in any hotel/restaurant etc was that of JESUS in the other restaurant, Don Diegos, and where you eat you (incredible) breakfast. He was welcoming, friendly, genuinely interested in us. We popped in here on multiple occasions purely for his fantastic service. He truely made our stay so amazing and we still talk of him and the hotel to others heading to Cabo. He is absolutely perfect at his job. Make sure you ask for him to be your server. He is tops!
Even the gent (I cannot recall the name of Im sorry to him) who took our bags to our rooms was so friendly and welcoming. Amazing people.
The shower in the room was huge and was cleaned spotlessly each day.
We had room service which was NEVER too much trouble at any time of the day or night.
Truely worth staying here. Maybe ask for one of the new rooms on the hill.
The pools are great and even the service by the pools is exceptional.
The breakfast is honestly mind blowing and incredible. Every fruit you can imagine. Cereal. Yoghurt. Hot meals. Pancakes. Rice. Curry. Cheese. Pastries. Granola. The list goes on and on and on. Unbeatable.
We cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the new rooms on the hill. They are so beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Villa La Estancia
Villa La Estancia
#8 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos? Share your experiences!