First of all, I could care less about the construction. It's necessary to improve the grounds. When I read the negative comments, I realize that people are either going in with expectations that are too high, or they are just grumpy people and need to relax. I've been to Mexico well over 100 times, mostly for work, but this was for a relaxing 40th birthday with my wife. We found our experience to be one of the best ever. For starters, unlike MOST other resorts in Mexico or other exotic locations they were NOT pushy in trying to sell us something we didn't want (like a timeshare, etc.). The staff was pleasant and courteous. We were met by Jorge who explained our options for activities, restaurants, etc. He was kind and helpful...and NOT pushy. Alvaro took us to our room and he was helpful, and offered ideas for night life, etc. When we checked in we were pleasantly surprised with a ground level suite that had a tremendous view of the Pacific, as well as a nice little patio for us to enjoy some tunes while listening to the waves crash. Yes the room is outdated a little bit with it's furnishings, but I didn't go to Mexico to sit in my room. Who cares if they don't have flat screen TVs? They are upgrading and then you'll be able to waste all the time you want in your room while the rest of us are enjoying the beautiful scenery. One of our most pleasant experiences was with our pool waiter Abraham. He was consistent, helpful, and very fast...he was very friendly, he remembered it was my birthday and wished me happy birthday on my day. We made sure we sat in his section each day we were there. The drinks were strong and delicious, and he kept them coming. Unlike other resorts where the service has been poor, we were taking great care of. The Blue Marlin also had great service, very great food, and we enjoyed the atmosphere very much. While it was nice and relaxing for us that the resort was not busy, I hope that business picks up in the future. We will be back for sure. The location to the marina area and downtown is second to none. We had a great time and want to thank the staff for your hospitality. We can't wait for our next visit. I almost forgot...we got a wonderful massage on the beach from Emma who was TERRIFIC! That is highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas