We just returned from a six night stay at the Finisterra Hotel. We had an amazing time! We booked the room as an all-inclusive thinking that they would convert 12/21/12. We were in contact with Sandra M. when we found out that the hotel wasn't going to go AI at that time. We were assured that they would honor the AI option for us or we could get a refund since all the AI amenities would not be in place when we were there. We decided to take a chance and we are very happy we did. Yes, there was a lot of construction going on but we expected it and it was interesting seeing the work in progress.
We were given a OV Junior Suite that was recently remodeled and it was very nice. We asked for a higher floor and the fifth floor room we had was perfect for seeing the ocean and the whales going by. I would recommend that you ask for a higher floor so the palm trees do not obstruct your view of the Pacific Ocean.
Best part of the AI option for us was the food in the Blue Marlin Restaurant. It was excellent and we were able to order right off the menu each night. The food and service was fantastic along with the open air in a beautiful setting. Rudolfo and Luis were exceptional in their service and made us feel very special and entertained.
The pools are great and there was plenty of room to relax. Only the one palapa pool was heated but the hot tubs seemed to be all in working order. Jorge, Abel, Abraham were all excellent servers around the pool and they were polite and friendly. The beach was nice and they were building additional "mini palapas" for shaded areas to enjoy. We had fantastic massages by Emma on the beach and the ocean waves in the background was very relaxing.
I understand the frustration on some reviewer's parts because of the construction going on and some amenities not just right, however, I think they are not realizing the money and work going into this property at this time. It is best if you have questions to just email the resort. Sandra M. emailed promptly when we were curious about our stay prior to our arrival. I heard around the pool that the AI will be complete June, 2013.
It is a beautiful property in a great location. It will be fantastic when they complete all the projects they are working on. I hope to stay again in the future when the AI conversion is complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas