My boyfriend, his father and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights January 19 - 21. I stayed at this hotel about 5 years ago with my family and loved it then and we had a really good experience this time as well. We found out that the hotel/resort was recently bought by another hotel chain and there were renovations going on while we were there but that didn't bother or hinder our experience.
We had a smooth check-in, we arrived earlier in the day then the allotted check in time and they found us a room right away. We were asked to attend a "breakfast" and they promised that it would be a low pressure (timeshare) presentation. We agreed to attend the "90 minute" presentation which turned into 2+ hours. They were true to their word that it wasn't really high pressure. When speaking with the concierge that offers this to you I recommend mentioning that you aren't interested in a high pressure sales pitch.
The service down by the pool was great! The waiters were attentive and friendly.
This hotel is an older hotel ("one of the first in Cabo" according to people there) so the T.V. was a regular one cased in a cabinet/dresser piece. The room we stayed in was clean and well maintained. I hope the new owners will put some time into updating their current rooms along with the new renovations they are doing.
The location of the hotel was right next to the marina and it was about a 20 minute walk, 5 minute cab or 20 minute water taxi ride over to the main beach. The beach at this hotel is on the Pacific side so no swimming was allowed in the ocean. The layout of the hotel is cool, they have a "whale watchers club" that is connected to the main hotel by a walk way and the sunset from up there was amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas