We selected Hotel Finisterra based on a package deal with US Airways. The location was good, just a short walk to the Marina down the hill. We were given a large clean room on the second floor. Unfortunately for us, there was a massive generator for the nearby property 50 yards from us the hummed all day and night. The property is on a lovely private beach, but water is unswimable due to the bad rip tide. This did not bother us as we walked to Madano beach daily. We did attempt to have a relaxing day by the pool, but had to cut it short due to a number of inconveniences. 1. drinks were overpriced and poorly made. 2. We could not charge the drinks to our room since they had no record of anyone staying in our room. 3. Although there are 3 pools, one with a swim up bar, the pools were taken over by 10-12 children. I would recommend having 1 pool designated for either adults or children only. Our room was first cleaned only after requesting it be cleaned after 2 days.
Other inconveniences experienced during our stay included, although our room was recently renovated, the light next to the bed did not work, we could not take a shower since the metal shower pull on the spickot (?) was bent and unable to pull up. After reporting these items to the front desk, they were repaired same day. The most aggrevating part of our trip was the nonstop barrage from Sophia trying to get us to attend a timeshare presentation.We heard every sob story, and told us by going would help her with her boss (blah..blah...blah). Each time we said no, she would ask why. She could not take no for an answer. They call her a Conciege, however, this is far from it. Conciege are supposed to assist and help clients, not the other way around. We arranged several activities in Cabo, but arranged for them outside the hotel.
Our fondest memory regarding service during our trip at Hotel Finisterra was the superb sincere service provided by Miguel at the security gate booth. He was outstanding. So helpful, and friendly. He deserves a raise!
Although our first experience at the hotel was not ideal, it has potential, and we may return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas