The wife and I spent 4 nights here with a bunch of friends. A friend of our found a groupon for this place and considering the size of our group (about 10) we figured it would be an agreeable place that would fit everyone's budget. And thus our decision to stay here.
Cabo has a lot of fabulous and luxurious resorts. If luxury is what you're looking for then this is obviously not what you are looking for. This place is for the traveler looking for value.
I have to say the resort was very well maintained for it's age. The grounds were kept very well.
We had a harbor view room with a good size balcony. However, the rooms were realtively small and they had no tables! Basically it was a bed, a TV, and a dresser drawer.
There is no tub. Just a shower, a toilet, and a sync. Something needs to be done about the water pressure and shower head. The water felt like a laser!
The restaurants are exceptional value. The food was delicious and service great. They were kind enough to cook up some fish that we had caught fishing (of course for a fee). The Whale Watcher Bar had a nice view.
This has to be where I have the most to complain about.
First off, it seems this hotel has a deal with a cruise ships where cruisers book a visit to the pool here as an offshore excursion. They get a buffet meal and use of the pools. Why would a cruiser pay for this offshore excursion beats the heck out of me? The first couple days we were there the Disney Cruise ship was in town. Needles to say there was a bunch of kids running around splashing us we ate next to the pool.
Second, the pools were cold. And so were the jacuzzis for the most part. I only saw the jets working on one of the jacuzzis the whole time we were there and it was as we were leaving.
Great location. A short walk to all the restaurants and clubs.
In conclusion, it is what is is... VALUE.... if you are on a budget or just looking for a place to not spend a lot of money while you are partying in Cabo! This is it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas