“Peaceful and Relaxing”

Ranked #48 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Manor, Texas
“Peaceful and Relaxing”
Reviewed September 26, 2010

We had an awesome time from the day we arrived until we left. The Cabo Golf Resort is a very well kept and beautiful place. If you are looking for a peaceful place to relax and enjoy yourself, this is the place. The restaurant was a bit expensive but very tasty and well worth the convenience. Golf just outside your back door, the beach and city of Cabo just down the road. Really can't get any better. The Staff all seemed to be happy to be working there and were all very helpful. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank BryanMcKay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed August 8, 2010

As a family, we just had the most awesome time in Cabo San Lucas. We are a military family that have two children, ages 14 and 12. We enjoy nice things, but are not impressed by showy, lavish, nonsense. We are more into making the memories than looking at them. The service at Los Cabos Golf Resort was amazing. The employees were eager to help and always available to answer our questions with a smile. We did participate in the timeshare presentations and were able to receive some incredible excursions for next to nothing in cost. It was a small price to pay for some very large savings. The resort is not on the beach side, but that did not create any problems with us getting to the beach easily. We loved the fact that the resort is smaller in size, so we were not jammed packed with a bunch of people. We stayed in the luxury villa, which was absolutely beautiful and spacious. The only issue we ran into was locating the property. We knew it was before a Walmart; however, you see a sign for Sam's Club, not Walmart. This caused us some confusion, but after figuring it out, we were good to go. The property is located within minutes of downtown. We did rent a car, which for the week cost about $175.00. The rental made it very easy to get around. There is a parking garage in the mall, which cost about $1.00 to park all day. If you choose not to rent a vehicle, it is $10.00 every time you get into a taxi. We took the advice of other reviews and also shopped for some groceries. I have to agree that the restaurant located on the property is very pricey. The food was good, but very expensive. However, they did prepare our family a wonderful dinner with the fresh fish my husband and son caught on their fishing trip. However, there are lots of other options for food in town. The developer of the property was on site the week we stayed. He is a very kind man. He recognized the need for changes in the property and it appears they are paying off. We highly recommend staying at Los Cabos Golf Resort.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank softballmom11
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The title should say it all! And to make a long story short.....they are theives! We stayed here for 7 days and on day two notived that our safe box...located in our room, locked us out. We had someone come up to open it and ironically my money was missing. They stole! From the safe! To make matters worse....they didnt help us whatsoever. They mockingly offered us a ride to the police station. Because of their POOR POOR customer service and because they hire theive I made it apparent that I was going to tell eveyone during my stay that they suck....they didnt like this and to get back at us they sent someone to arrest us at the airport claiming that we overdid our stay by a day when infact I had documentation and paid in FULL the enetirety of my stay. Obviosuly we didnt get arressted but I was mortified! Needless to say.....PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE....they simply SUCK! Not to mention....they are FAKE as hell! They have this old hag chasing you trying to be your friend to con you into a time share. Please give your business to a business that wants it and certainly one that will take care of you.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Daniela1313
LCGRCorporate, Director of Sales at Los Cabos Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
I have been corresponding with this guests. She states several things in her review which were suspicious. Upon investigation, I discovered the following facts:
1. This guest checked into our resort with a credit card that had been cancelled 3 months prior. In my correspondece with this guest, she admits to cancelling her credit card.
2. They ran up a $308.19 bill at the restauarant/bar
3. The day of check-out they hung a Do-Not-Disturb sign on their door, turned the TV on and then left the resort without paying their bill
4. They were accosted at the airport by a member of our staff as well as the policeand until they paid their bill- which they did and were then allowed to leave
5. They did report that money was taken from their safe. They were also offered the opportunity to report the incident to the police and be escorted to the station. They declined.

It seems to me that this guest is upset because they got caught trying to get away without paying their bill.
If you need anything from us regarding proof of the validity of this incident, please let me know. I will be happy to send my corresponce with the guest as well as receipts.
I am at your service to answer any questions that you may have.
Cheers,

Joan McKillip
1-888-298-11332 x112
jmckillip@golfincabo.com
Kerrville, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Set in the desert right behind Wal Mart. The entrance was under construction and we had to tell the taxis to go around and drive through the golf course on a really rough dirt road. The resort was very pretty but small and really layed back. Check in was really quick and easy and everyone was very nice. Raymon at the pool cantina/swim up bar is fantastic. Every afternoon 3-6 the drinks were 2 for one. The only dinning is outdoors and I thought expensive. It was rare to see anyone at the restaurant. Daily maid service was great. Our one bedroom villa had a fully equiped kitchen and a beautifully set dining table. Having two bathrooms and two patios was nice. One patio with a hammock the other a table and chairs. There is television with New York time schedule and news. Whatever you do, do not go outside before 7am. They water the golf greens with manure water and the odor was retching. It was very relaxing around the pool and very easy to meet the other guests. The cabana/cantina service while at the pool is fantastic, could not ask for better. If you are looking for the young adult party scene, this is not the place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HeavenlyBliss
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed March 11, 2010

Stayed at the LC CC for 4 nights. My friend has a timeshare that we used. I thought the whoel experience was very good. Golfed twice - excellent course, and went deep sea fishing one day as well. I had a wonderful time in Cabo, cannot wait to come back with my family. Would I stay at the LC CC, heck yes ! The rooms were very clean, the service from the staff was excellent and the grounds around the hotel are beautiful. The golf courses around there use recycled water to irrigate so the water does smell some, but you are in paradise, you'll get over the little bit of odor in due time.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank pkw123199
Indiana
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Stayed here for a week. It was an ok hotel. Everything is building up along the ocean front, so if there was ever a view of the ocean it’s no longer there now. Our room faced the desert, and a smaller building maybe that housed the staff. We did not golf there and to be honest I never even saw the course. As for the pool it’s small but clean. If you are looking for a hotel where the staff is really friendly and a place to lay your head at night, this is a good hotel for you. If you had to get a taxi that cost $20 flat rate round trip into town where everything was happening. It was cheaper eating in town then at the resort but then considering the taxi fare you’re really not saving unless maybe you get in town early in the morning and eat your three meals for the day there. If you’re on the beach you have to stop at Mangos it’s an awesome restraint and bar (never a dull moment).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mari39
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2009

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon in Cabo. We had debated going due to swine flu media scare and so glad we went after all! The Los Cabo's CC is great location. We stayed in one of the lux suite, one bedroom, two baths, two balconies. It was massive, clean, well kept and comfortable. The whole of Cabo was very quiet, because of Swine flu and to be honest, it didnt matter, I had a good time. The pool is exquisite, the food was great! (i miss having mexican food in the UK and i got my fill). The concierge staff was very accomodating and helped us with lots of suggestions around the resort. As I say above, my only recommendation to the owners is that they get a new website. It doesnt do the resort justice. We got a great deal and thought we would be staying somewhere less than it really was. Its not on a beach but its a 5 minute taxi drive". We had days we never left the resort and that was just fine. I'm not a newbie traveller. I've been all over the world and stayed from 6 star down to small pensiones and this is definitely one of my favourites! I've read that there's some smell on the resort, and maybe its a golf course thing because I never encountered it and I'm one picky person! I've also ready that its lack luster? I have no idea what that means. The place was lovely all around. Thank Los Cabo's CC! We'll be back!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple