“Resort for 40+ Golfers”

Ranked #48 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Redmond, Washington
“Resort for 40+ Golfers”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Very quiet resort near the Los Cabos Golf Course. Must have a car or you will pay $10 for a cab ride when you want to go into Cabo. The concierge told us it was a 20 minute walk to the beach - well if you walk very fast in cool weather and are not carrying anything. Just get a rental car. Not actually on the golf course. The resort was started but apparently didn't sell so the builder quit building - hence why there are buildings A, B, C, D, E and M. If you are looking for a view of the ocean this is not the place. Nice views of WalMart however.

Stayed in a one bedroom with a friend. She did a timeshare tradeout. Was enough room for us with a queen size pullout sofa - but four people would have been too many. There is daily maid service which I was not expecting and they keep the rooms very clean. Did not see one bug inside the condo. Kitchen was small but adequate with two burner cook top, fridge and microwave. Patio outside with table. We were on the first floor and could hear all the noise from the people on the second floor - just not well insulated.

Very quiet resort. Would absolutely not recommend for families with children. Nothing for the kids to do. If you want a break from the loud resorts along Medano Beach this is a good option. Highly recommend for golfers - if you can get a golf package. Most of the guests are owners with golf memberships. The people are very nice but it is definately an older crowd. We met a ton of people who purchased 15+ years ago, many from Canada.

KC the concierge was fantastic. She gave us a pass to go to the Villa Pal Mar resort on the beach for the week. Also arranged a tour for a turtle release program with Baja Outback and a kayak/snorkel trip to Santa Maria and Chileno Bays with HighTides. Both highly recommended. Our guides were great.

We did not eat any meals at the restaurant on site. We stopped at the grocery store and purchased alcohol and breakfast food and snacks. Drinks at the bar outside of happy hour (11-6) are very expensive. Our neighbor and two of her friends all got sick one night from the blue cheese dressing on their salads and the resort didn't offer any compensation or even an apology. So, I would skip the restaurant - so many good options in Cabo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor to avoid the noise between floors. C and D buildings are close t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank tdh42

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Napa, CA
Reviewed September 3, 2011

OK, here's the deal. We traded points from another timeshare to stay in Cabo at the end of August and ended up here. I'm giving the resort a "poor" rating for a number of reasons, but let me tell you the positives first. Our room was actually QUITE nice. We had a spacious two-bedroom on the second floor with a really nice balcony (although view wasn't all that great). Master bath had a really great walk-in shower and if you were patient, you could fill the "tub" and have a nice soaking experience. Now for the negatives. Not that we were watching a lot of TV while we were there, but reception sucked. No internet in the room which was an issue because I was playing hooky from work and really needed access. Had to go to the "business center" or lobby area to get internet access. Food, when the restaurant was open, was mediocre at best. If you've never been to Cabo I say go somewhere closer to "town" as this is a $10 cab ride to anywhere and the desk staff aren't particularly helpful. In fact, my on-going thought is they need to pay the desk clerks more and get better guest service at the front of the house, and they need to pay the wait staff/bartenders/cocktail waitresses less to get better service if you're a good tipper. My favorite issue was actually the list of phone numbers proudly displayed by the phone in our room. Mini-mart (doesn't exist) Mini-spa (doesn't exist) etc. The bar closes at 6pm. There's not even a vending machine to get a soda or bottled water after hours. Still, back to the room, it's really a beautiful room and housekeeping did a great job. Bartender switched out my bf's Bic lighter while he was swimming and when he was called on it, laughed and gave the lighter back. Really? Yes. Really. Bf asked the waiter to bring me a bowl of ice cream (I was in the lobby working on my laptop) and had to ask the waiter three times to please bring me the ice cream. Waiter didn't bring me ice cream, but did come over and ask me what I wanted. I didn't know it had taken 3 tries to get him there. Again, if you don't know Cabo, stay closer into "town". If you speak good Spanish, have a car and a tolerant nature, try this place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank JTaramasso
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This was my second trip to Cabo and second time staying at the Los Cabos Golf Resort. The best reason to stay at this resort is for the location and abilty to relax. You are located just outside Cabo, with a view of the town and beach from our blacony we were a five minute cab ride into town. They have their own taxis on site and all of them charge the same rate 100 pesos or 10 dollars to anywhere in town or Medano beach. They allow you access to resorts on Medano beach so you can go there for the day, enjoy their pool, chairs, bar, etc. Then you can come back home to this cozy resort where you can relax by the clean pool without 500 people around and no music blasting. My wife and I are in our mid 20's, trust me, you can go into town and enjoy all of the fun but coming back to the peaceful resort is just awesome. The grounds are impecible, the rooms are beautiful and clean, the pool is clean, the golf course was decent and a bit overpriced - dry - i'm sure its better during the winter season. Spa onsite is tiny but nice, gym is also nice but the size of a closet. Most of all; the staff here makes it a great experience. Ramon at the bar will make you feel like part of his family. Pedro in the restaurant will greet you by name everytime you pass by and hand you a margarita. Janeth at the front desk is wonderful and will patiently take care of whatever you need. If this is what you are looking for, and at an unbeatable value, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TheDudeStands
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2011

My family and I just arrived from a 10 day trip to Los Cabos Golf Resort and we LOVED it! Upon arriving the first thing that grasped our attention was the fact this resort has security to let cars in and out. This is a very unique feature because not many resorts have this exclusivity and it made us feel a sense of safety from the beginning. Once we arrived at the front desk, we were immediately greeted by the friendly staff with margaritas and fresh lemonade. The concierge was extremely helpful in informing us about the best places to visit and where the cheapest prices were located.

Upon arriving to our room, we immediately noticed it was SUPER clean, which for me to say the rooms are SUPER clean means a lot because I am very picky with the cleanliness of where I stay on vacation. I loved the fact the rooms are cleaned every day.

This resort also has a great happy hour where you get 2 drinks for the price of 1 at the pool bar, which my family enjoyed. The pool is AMAZING with a concrete slide from one pool to the next. There is a waterfall coming from the pool bar's roof into the upper level pool.

Overall our experience was GREAT! The staff is friendly, the resort is very safe, the rooms are SUPER clean, and the resort is very well kept. We loved Los Cabos Golf Resort so much that I know we will continue to stay there on future vacations.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank EOaxaca
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 3, 2011

after checking in and not finding our room exceptable ,I asked for a different room.The front desk said nothing was available ,so I asked for a up graded room,and was advised that a down grade was not even available .I pulled out Fifty Dollarll bill and a romm was found with in 2 minutes ....HMMM
I wonder how that happened ...It will be our last stay there

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
8 Thank gasketguy
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Let me start by saying that this hotel is very nice, the staff is very friendly, and it is very peaceful and quiet. The housekeepers, restaurant, and front desk staff were a welcome sight after being haggled at the airport and on our shuttle ride to the resort to buy a timeshare, although our "concierge" did try a little too. The pools and hot tubs are nice, there is a laundry room, and each unit has a small kitchen with a small fridge, microwave, sink, and cooktop. There are about 15 TV channels for you to watch, 2 of which are Mexican. There is free high speed internet if you have your own device capable of using it. There is a computer you can use that you must pay for time on if needed. the only issue with the internet is that you can only use it in the main lobby area or their "business center". There is plenty of room to sit for this though. If you plan on calling anywhere, bring a calling card (they can also be purchased at a vending machine in the lobby). Even calls made from my room to Cabo were $1 each! The lobby also has an ATM that spits out pesos in multiples of 200 (of course, for about a $4 fee).

I do have some complaints too.

The beds are horribly hard, and I did not get a good night's sleep the whole time as a result. I had to try several tricks with pillows and positioning just to try to get to sleep. I have to add that I am spoiled at home with a Sleep Number Bed, so just about anything else to me feels hard, and this is a normal vacation experience for me. This one was exceptionally difficult to deal with however.

There is no shuttle to anything offered unless you agree to attend a timeshare presentation first. They will also offer you a world of other things if you are willing to be hassled to buy a timeshare for 90 minutes. It's worth it if you can stomach it, are interested in buying a timeshare, or have little money for fun. The taxis are extremely expensive. In fact, I read in our guide book that Cabo has some of the most expensive taxis in the world. After this trip, I believe it. If you don't want to take a cab every day, you can walk or take the bus. Downtown Cabo is about 4 or 5 miles from the resort. There is a bus that can take you most of the way for those of you comfortable enough to ride it. It is 8 pesos (currently about 65 cents) per person each way, but you do have to walk about a mile to the bus stop first. If you don't have pesos, they will take dollars, but will not usually give back change. You should know at least a little Spanish if you choose this option, but most people speak at least a little English that I encountered. Cabo is a very "Americanized" Mexican city. Yet another option that I recommend is to rent a car. We got bored with Cabo pretty quickly, and we ended up renting a car. Again, an expensive option because you have to buy Mexican car insurance to go with it since your American insurance is no good there. The front desk staff were helpful in arranging someone to drop off and pick up a car for us.

The shower is also set up a little strange so that there is no way to take one without getting water all over the bathroom floor. This didn't bother me much, but can be a nuisance.

The rooms echo sound badly, and you can hear just about everything going on in the rooms next to you. This didn't end up being a huge problem, but could get quite annoying if placed next to the right person.

All in all, a nice place to stay. A little far from where the action is, but nice and quiet at the same time. Great staff. The one thing that I took away from my stay was that it seemed a little like the management were more interested in selling you the next timeshare than in trying to make this one as good as it could be, but the staff still cares about doing their job.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Coloradotravelerguy
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Many thanks to the hotel for their generous hospitality and support of the troops. I might be a little biased but I have to say the hotel is amazing. Wonderfully spanish decorated clean rooms, huge soft beds, and a shaded patio with furniture to eat sit and read over coffee in the morning or enjoy a candlelit dinner at night. The rooms are equipped with kitchens, so you can cook in or go out. We especially liked the trailer park restaurant across the highway, which despite the name, had the best food we found in Cabo (try the dinosaur soup). The hotel is a short walk from the beach or a ten minute cab ride downtown. The staff are very friendly, and the reception will help you get a cab, rent a car, and/or plan outings e.g. ziplining, atvs, parasailing. There are ton of fun things to do, just be sure to have a credit card. We rented a car and drove up the beautiful pacific coast to Todos Santos to see the Hotel California, and then up to La Paz for some good shopping. Overall a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple