“great location, immaculate resort!”

Cabo Villas Beach Resort
Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“great location, immaculate resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

We orginally had booked at another hotel but were not impressed and switched to the Cabo Villas immediately. At first I thought this hotel would be too 'busy' and too large as we usually like the smaller intimate hotels but I was mistaken. Even though we were only there for a 4 day stay we realized it is just perfect... so good infact we even bought a timeshare. We met lovely people (many of whom had been going to this resort for over 20 yrs so I think that speaks volumes). It is located at the start of the Medano beach hotel strip so you can walk to the right for 'quiet' beach or go to towards 'The Office, Mango Deck, Hotel Dorado' for a lot more action and a infinite choice of bars/restaurants. Good thing about the location also is that it is a 5 min walk to the Marina/Town but at night the hotel is very quite and you are not bothered by the partyers/traffic.
I did not use the Spa on site but it is quite impressive and the prices are similar to what you would pay at home. We ate several times at the Baja Cantina restaurant ..the shrimp Eggs Benedict at breakfast was 'to die for' but everything we ordered was amazing. We used the Baja beach club also and drank and ate there during the day.... our waiter Pedro was very sweet and accomodating and they give good service but are not in the least bit pushy..... when we arrived in the mornings we wouldn't order drinks for a couple of hours but were never made to feel that we 'had' to have something.
Front desk ...Moises and G....... the guy with the glasses ( I can never remember his name sorry) great service! We started in a Studio room for the first night then moved to a one bedroom........both were lovely rooms. Bed's comfy....... so clean, the hotel is immaculate. Pool was a little warm but if you wanted to cool off there is the very cold Pacific Ocean steps away :) .... The hot jacuzzi pool at the back of the resort was so relaxing and gets great afternoon sun. There are also 2 other restaurants on site... Baja Brewery which I think gets a good crowd going at night (a little loud over the speaker system) but that was during the evening hours and if you closed your unit door you really didn't hear anything. Not sure what the other restaurant Attitudes is about.
Overall a great resort...... can't really think of one thing to complain about (and I'm fussy!). Oh yes the vendors on the beach... .way too many of them..... and they hang out at the ropes of the beach club area so it can get a bit annoying but I was also told to stop buying their stuff and maybe they wouldnt keep coming back! LOL. It is fun haggling with them though and they were always polite not like in some other countries! Other problem is the timeshare sharks.........they are everywhere you go.... this hotel included of course........as you walk down the street..... in town..... but that is a small price to pay for an amazing loction, I fell in love with Cabo on my first trip 3 yrs ago and can't believe it took me this long to go back......... won't wait that long next time..... Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank teeinTO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

My wife & I spent a week at Cabo Villas and enjoyed every moment. From the moment we checked in till we left for the airport, our stay was fantastic. The location of the resort is ust great. On the beach yet easy walking distance to downtown. The service was first rate in every respect and we returned completely relaxed.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
New Rochelle, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

Where do I begin.... I will never stay at this hotel again! Upon check in I was harrassed to sign up for a time share tour. ... I said no thank you many times and she persisted. I was givin a margarita and brought to my room by the only nice employee at the hotel and his name was Alfonso. Once I got all my bags into the room I noticed that there was a neon light from the store across the street as well as street lights shining in my room and that the location was terrible.. not to mention the paper thin blinds and curtains... the noise was unbearable. I went to the desk to complain and to see if they can switch my room. The man at the desk was BEYOND RUDE!! He said that is the room that I paid for and thats what I get. He said we have a room for the next two nights available (I was there for 4) but I would have to pay $60. per night extra but ultimatly end up in that same room again. I refused to pay for the extra charge and asked to speak to a manager only to be told he wouldnt be there until 9 am the next day. I was woken up several times through out the night with cars driving by and honking as well as screaming people and was woken up for the final time at 8 am to a truck beeping in reverse. I was furious and wanted to calm down a bit and planned on talking to the maganger later in the day. So I took a walk to the beach and came back to find myself locked out of my room with a key that didnt even work(thank god my cousin was in there) at this point I totally had it! I walked back to the front desk and asked them to get me a key that WORKED. The manager Moises walked back with me to see what the problem was with the key and at that time I expressed my feelings to him. He said he would see what he can do and he would be back. About a half hour later he came back with only ONE key for the TWO of us and I was told that he didnt have another room for that night but would see what he could do the next day. But again.. he had another room in a higher category but would have to pay extra for it. I refused again. Soooo I went to sleep and was woken up all night again with the same noise from the cars and drunk people screaming. I never heard back from Moises. He didnt try to contact me at all. I had given up and realized that I was stuck with this hell hole of a room. This hotel should be ashamed to even call this a room. They really should change it to a storage area or somthing else. Upon check out I walked by several of the staff carrying my bags and not one offered to help me to the office. I found the staff, with the exception of Alfonso who was very sweet (he acutally felt bad for me because he knew I was right) to be VERY RUDE. My idea of a nice vacation is relaxing all day going out at night to have some fun and sleeping in a little when needed. Sleeping was not an option at this hotel. I spent my entire vacation at Nikki beach which is located at the ME hotel. I stayed there 6 months ago when I visited Cabo and chose Cabo Villas becuase it was less expensive this time around... this is a true example of you get what you pay for. I will be returning to the ME and staying FAR FAR AWAY FROM CABO VILLAS. They care about their time share guest only. So beware with this hotel and the usless staff!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank KeriC
COLORADO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

I have stayed at a lot of places, and the staff and location are unbelievable. We come to Cabo every year and would not stay anywhere else than Cabo Villas. I would highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

We stayed ther when it was the original 6 villas..Now there are 2 towers and a tird condos..they are tryingto sell you a timeshare..Views are spectacular..However the beach is very busy and the Famous Office rest. on the beach in way too pricy now. Cabo villas Cantina on the beach is reasonable. However they frown on you bringing your own drinks and even your own bottled water. they are trying to get as much money out of you as they can. You have to learn to play the game...Roooms were very clean and modern however do not under any reason get a room with 4 people and use the hideaway.couch.sleeper. mattress is very thin and you will slleep on wrought iron. they billed this unit as a 1 bedroom with 2 bathrooms. We booked through Intervall and they said this room has 2 bathroom an so does Expedia. they claim they do not have a 1 bedroom with 2 baths???? We upgraded to a 2 bedroom with view over pool and ocean. Music way too load at resort and on the beach...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank rbphoto
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2010

You can't beat the location if you like to be in the heart of things. Always something going on. Amazing views. The daily maid service is great, we felt very pampered. You can walk to everything, the marina, shopping, dining. Or never leave the beach and be waited on like a king.

Two bedroom suite had plenty of room for two couples. The kitchen was fine it you didn't want to do a lot of cooking. . We stayed a week this year and hope to stay 10 days next year. We will be back.

• Liked — view, access to the great beach
  • Disliked — noise from the street
  • Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank VP-travel-club
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

The location is beautiful and the staff is friendly. My family and i have a time share there and we go every July. However, the only thing we do not like is that everytime we arrive they try to sucker us into more time share meetings and they harrass you about it, It is really quite annoying when all you want to do is unpack and realx. The service to go to lovers beach by boat is great and beach activities are wonderful too.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple