“Excellent Location!”

Cabo Villas Beach Resort
Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Excellent Location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2006

Had a great time at Cabo Villas! Great location! A few blocks away from the mall and a nice walk on the beach from the marina. If you want to be close to the action...this is the place. We stayed in the executive suite with the hot tub on the patio..great views...and ammenties. Granite countertops, five piece bath, and 180 degree sliding doors. The views are amazing. The time share sharks aren't that bad and we thought the service was A+. Some of the other reviews I have read say it is too loud.....maybe they should go to a retirement community.There is construction all over Cabo, it isn't that bad! If you want a great location with upscale ammenties...Cabo Villas is the place!

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2006

Although Cabo Villas is conveniently located near the Cabo San Lucas Marina and mall, the resort itself doesn't strike me as a five star resort...but then, people use different measuring sticks. If you don't mind the time share sharks, who hook you the first day so not to give you a chance to check out the place first (or heaven forbid other places!); If you like to to go to the beach and be blown away by the subwoofers of Billigan's, suck in the gasoline fumes from the dozens of water taxis waiting for cargo; If you enjoy the noisy construction going on on both sides of the place; If you don't mind the poor service (probably because we said no to the timeshare sharks); If you like to do your own plumbing repairs....this might be the place for you.
Cabo San Lucas itself is busy trying to imitate California (including costs) and has little Mexican Flavor.
There are better places to go.

• Stayed May 2006
8 Thank ALBERTCAN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2006

I read quite a few of these reviews. My take is that often the attitude of the traveller shapes their view of their entire experience. Cabo Villas is one of the nicest, most covenient places in Cabo. I have been to Cabo many, many times. I had great service and had a beautiful room with an incredible view of the Sea. You can walk to town, you are steps from Medano beach. I have been there several times, and it is always clean.

Room service took only 15-20 minutes and was perfect. Edith's is right next door. The Office is unbeatable for breakfast, I mean if you like to have your feet in the sand and eat right on the Sea with a view of Land's End. I appreciate that I am asked for my room number when I return to the hotel. Who doesn't like security.

So, for those of you who love to complain, please do not stay at the Cabo Villas, as I don't want to see you while I am there twice a year.

• Stayed March 2006
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2006

Just returned back from Cabo on 4/29. We were actually staying at the Villa Del Palmar. We swore we wouldn't go to any timeshare presentations, but they make it so inviting. Intentionally passed all the timeshare people at the airport, but at the car rental place (Dollar Car Rental), the guy giving us our car said he would pay for the weeks rental ($115) and give us $100 cash if we went to the timeshare at Fiesta Americana. We went, wasn't hard core at all, very nice, and we were able to use their beautiful facility for the day, plus had an awesome breakfast and the opportunity to sign up for discounted activities. When we were signing up for the activities, the woman asked us to go to another timeshare at Cabo Villas - we said we weren't interested, as we had just sat thru one, but then she offered us ATV rentals for $5, 2 ea 60 min massages for $10 each, free glass bottom boat tour, 4 days/3 nights @ Cabo Villas. We went there and found the resort to be beautiful, the view from the Sunset Grill was totally awesome, the rooms were gorgeous, and the location was great. We viewed the resort and we were sold, even though we already own another timeshare. We found the people to be very nice, so friendly and helpful. As with the Villa Del Palmar after reading all the reviews on line, there were both good and bad, and I went with preconceived notions that we were going to have a bad experience, but found that resort to be very nice, as was the service. After purchasing the timeshare at Cabo Villas, they said we could check in for our last 3 nights, so we took them up on the offer and it was by far a much nicer resort than Villa Del Palmar. The rooms were very luxurious, bed was very comfortable, service great, nice pool and the location was close to everything. We got up in the a.m. and went next door to The Office for breakfast - awesome food, and so convenient. We ate both breakfast and dinner at the Sunset Grill which has a stunning view of Cabo. The Baja Cantina which is the restaurant on the beach but somewhat attached to the hotel was great also. You can walk to the pier easily and into the downtown area as well. We had our massages at the resort, and they were great. Right now the resort is in the process of adding on an additional building, so there are some temporary set ups - for example the massages are actually done in one of the rooms because the spa is under construction as is the exercise facility. The renovations are to be completed around the Oct-Dec timeframe. There are other renovations taking place nearby, so the looks from the front of the resort are somewhat deceiving - we thought it was going to be a dive, but found it to be completely opposite. In other reviews it was mentioned that the hotel staff keeps asking for your room number each time you return from the beach, or other entrances - that was strictly done for safety/security reasons, so that people who are not staying there don't just stop in to use the facility/pool, etc. I can tell you from experience, that happens at the all the other resorts as well. Our experience at the Cabo Villa's was great, we are already planning our next trip back. When reading reviews, I've learned to take them with a grain of salt, as everyones perception of a terrible experience, or a great one for that matter is just that - their perception. If you're interested in staying at the Cabo Villas, we received a number of bonus weeks from our purchase of the timeshare that we are now selling, send me an e-mail.

• Stayed April 2006
11 Thank SusieG63
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2006

Cabo Villas is in a perfect location...however, the staff there are very unhelpful and rude. As soon as we arrived, we were asked for our confirmation and offered a welcome package. I told the guy no thank you and that I would just like to check into my room. My paper with our "confirmation" he took and I didn't see again. He said I can leave my luggage and they would watch it. Once again I told him no thank you and that I would just like to check into my room. I also told him I wasn' t interested in any time shares. After about 5 minutes of insisting on taking me to the reception, he finally brought me to another woman who then finally brought me to reception. However, when we got there at 5pm they told us our room wasn't ready. But meanwhile check in is at 4pm and our room should have been ready considering check out is at 10am and they DO NOT allow late check outs no matter how much you plead with them. So we finally got our room and had to sign rules and write down the name of every person that was staying in the room. Which I completely liked (for safety) until a friend of mine tried walking me to my room from the entrance (it is a decent walk) and the staff would not allow it.

Everytime we walked in and out of the hotel grounds (during the day and at night) we were asked...what room what is the name. Which kind of got annoying after awhile, especially after we checked out and were waiting for a cab to take us to the airport with our luggage and we were questioned what room we were. I told the guy we were leaving. And 5 minutes later he asked again what room we were in.

I begged them for a late check out at 1230pm...they would not allow it...but told me that I could stay till 1130am (check out is at 10am) and that if I wanted to stay till 1230pm i had to pay $50 more. So after fighting with them for about 10 minutes about this, I finally just said we will be out at 1130am. When we did check out, they tried charging us an extra $54 dollars for "tax" They said the tax rate increased from 13 to 23% and that is what the extra money was for. Thank god I had my paper saying that all amounts were included in what we paid and that the hotel couldn't charge us for anything else unless it was room service, etc. So after checking with 2 other people, they finally took off the charges.

The hotel is very beautiful and in a great location. Steps to Billygans, the office and Mango deck which are all bars with lounge chairs and tables(restaurant) on the beach. That is where my friends and I spent our days. We had breakfast and lunch everyday at billygans and the staff there were wonderful and catered to our every need.

If you are a family just looking to lounge around by the pool away from socialization and want a quiet relaxing time, this hotel is definitely for you. If you are younger (we were 25-27) and just looking for a place to stay and can deal with being bothered a bit stay here because it was worth the walking distance to the beach and the Marina(which was by the bars). But if you plan on a crazy time DO NOT STAY HERE. Marina Fiesta was another great hotel that we visited and it was beautiful. It wasn't on the beach but the pool was really nice and it was on the marina which has all the shops and restaurants and steps to the bars. Marina fiesta is only about a 5 minute walk to the beach. ON my next trip to Cabo I would stay at the Marina fiesta..POSSIBLY the Cabo villas...depends on if I feel like dealing with the service

Cabo is beautiful....have a wonderful time! And don't forget to haggle with the vendors on the beach..you can usually cut them down half price from what they are saying...or just say no thanks..and they will say ok..lol

• Stayed April 2006