My husband and I have probably been to Cabo 25+ times and I always warn first timers that they will be overwhelmed by people at their hotel trying DESPERATELY to get you to buy a place down there. Typically, if you push them off in a kind way, they get the message and leave you alone. Not the truth here!!! We own a place overlooking to Marina and staying there is great when we have several people there with us, but when it's just the two of us, we like to stay on Medano Beach (actually we were looking for a place to potentially buy), walking distance to the office, Mango Deck, all of the cool places in town as well as the marina. We had been intrigued by Cabo Villas because of it's location, as well as the fact that they have a great brew-pub on the roof.
Our encounter with them started off poorly. My husband called twice (with promises of a return call) to order a bottle of Champagne be in our room, as we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. That never happened. Then, upon our arrival, Wendy told us that for $280 US in addition to what we had already paid, she would upgrade us to a fabulous room. The room was anything but fabulous! We had no ocean view, we were on the ground level, about 20 feet from a tiny, dirty pool with tons of people always hanging out. The water was turned off one night (they did warn us about this) but when they flipped the switch to get it going again, at about 4am, it made a LOUD noise which sprung us both from our bed! Oh, by the way, our bed (we were promised a king size) was a queen size, hard as a rock and pillows that were almost impossible to sleep on!
I would never in a million years recommend this hotel and am surprised that they are able to stay in business after the way that we were treated. Even after all of our concerns were voiced, we were told "that's just the way it is" and that there are plenty of people who want to stay there. Basically, they didn't need our business. Therefore, we didn't give it to them! We ate all of our meals off site and did our best to not spend any time there. Ugh... What a disappointment!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is a luxury hotel situated on Medano Beach, the most popular stretch of sand in Cabo San Lucas. Cabo Villas is a family owned resort with 138 custom built suites and spectacular views of the Sea of Cortez and Land's End. Amenities include fully equipped kitchens, wireless Internet in all areas, satellite TV, three pools, 10-person ocean view Jacuzzi, oceanfront beach club, four on-site restaurants and bars, a world-class spa and personalized service in a relaxed atmosphere. Located in the "Heart of Cabo", the resort is within easy walking distance to all major attractions including Medano Beach, the marina, Puerto Paraiso Mall, downtown and numerous restaurants and night clubs. With stunning views of the Sea of Cortez, Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is the perfect place for travelers who seek quality service while enjoying the best of the Cabo San Lucas lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cabo Villas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Villas Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo Hotel Beach
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos