We stayed at Cabo Villas during Thanksgiving week, 2012. We stayed here because someone donated their timeshare for a fundraiser auction, and I won the auction. We stayed in a one bedroom executive suite. It was room 305, this is the floorplan that has a circular bay window that overlooks the large pool and the bay, and a small patio overlooking the hot tub. This was our first time to Cabo, but we travel often so I feel my comments carry some level of credibility. I'll keep this short and sweet.
What I liked about Cabo Villas:
- The location is great if you want to be near the marina/downtown area. We walked to/from the marina and downtown several times. However, there were also a couple of times that we took a taxi because it was later at night or we were tired. For kids, the beach out front is nice and swimmable. If you like beach activities, you just need to step out and there are several activities right there. Kayaking, waverunners, parasailing, you name it. The grounds were nice and clean, and I found the staff to be very good. The room was nice, but nothing too fancy. It was nice and spacious, which was great. The AC blew very cold so it was a relief to come to the room after spending time in the sun and heat.
What I didn't like about Cabo Villas:
- Cabo Villas is a medium sized resort that is crammed into a very oddly shaped triangular piece of property. As a result, it seems sort of confining at times. While our room had a view, most of the rooms either face the pool, or face the walls of other buildings. Although we were pressured hard, we did not opt to sit through the '90 minute' presentation in order to get a VIP card. It would have only come in handy a couple of times anyway, because we did activities and ate at restaurants that were not associated with the card. We were also targeted one day while eating at the restaurant - they must have spotted us - and were offered a free/discounted stay for a subsequent week if we sat through the tour/presentation. Again we declined. I found out later that many Cabo Villas employees have a monthly 'quota' of presentations that they need to hit. One thing for families, or for travelers seeking peaceful rest and relaxation - the noise from the bars are overpowering at times. Both pool bars blast music during daylight and evening hours, and the Baja Brewing company had a live band one night that played terrible music very loudly into the night. The music selection at the pool bars is often unacceptable. They play hip hop and rap, and on more than one occasion, the songs were laced with cursing and even the 'n' word. Nothing like the 'vibe' in the video on the cabo villas website. Cabo Villas does not have any amenities or programs for children, so you are on your own there. Also, if you are with children, don't eat at the Mango Deck, it is a 'spring break' atmosphere not appropriate for kids.
Overall I would say it was 'just ok'. We likely won't stay here again, most likely because if we return to cabo we'll find somewhere a little quieter and more laid back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is a luxury hotel situated on Medano Beach, the most popular stretch of sand in Cabo San Lucas. Cabo Villas is a family owned resort with 138 custom built suites and spectacular views of the Sea of Cortez and Land's End. Amenities include fully equipped kitchens, wireless Internet in all areas, satellite TV, three pools, 10-person ocean view Jacuzzi, oceanfront beach club, four on-site restaurants and bars, a world-class spa and personalized service in a relaxed atmosphere. Located in the "Heart of Cabo", the resort is within easy walking distance to all major attractions including Medano Beach, the marina, Puerto Paraiso Mall, downtown and numerous restaurants and night clubs. With stunning views of the Sea of Cortez, Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is the perfect place for travelers who seek quality service while enjoying the best of the Cabo San Lucas lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cabo Villas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Villas Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo Hotel Beach
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos