“Absolutely loved it!!”

Cabo Villas Beach Resort
Ranked #43 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We were in Cabo for the first time with our family Aug 5-12, 2011. We booked Cabo Villas and weren't sure what to expect. They were very helpful before we got there, suggesting taxi prices and car reservations. We thought we could get a better deal so we didn't book ahead and waited until we got to the airport. Well, we walked thru the "wrong door" and got bombarded with sales pitches. We got a taxi to the hotel, $60 for 4 of us. Cabo Villas is in Medano Beach and is one of the few swimmable beaches. The staff was great, the rooms were clean, and the atmosphere was incredible. They're not the biggest hotel, which I liked since we didn't have to hike miles from room to the beach. They have several restaurants, one on the beach and two by the pools. Beautiful infinity pool. Walking distance to downtown to get awesome authentic tacos. Also walking distance to beautiful shopping mall.
The timeshare presentations are a hassle but it's a great way to get discounts on all the area attractions. We went zip lining, horseback riding, snorkeling, parasailing and wrote jet skis. Snorkeling: La Princessa boat has an open bar!
It's hot & humid but you get used to it. Dress accordingly and you'll be fine.
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank R A
Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel! We had a rough start, the hotel must have overbooked their two bedroom executive suite and gave us a one bedroom instead for the first day of our stay. We were very upset at first, but then they made us happy by giving us an ocean front suite with jacuzzi on the patio and comp us some $$. Once we we were in the two bedroom executive suite we were happy as well. Our room was on the second floor with view of the infinity pool. The room was very large, clean, nice kitchen and balcony. The staff was very friendly and very accomodating. I said no to the timeshare stuff and didnt have a problem after that.
We did stop at the Aramburo grocery store for snack and breakfast items. We opt not to go to walmart because Aramburo was walking distance. It is a small market and prices were reasonable, we just bought simple items like bread, egg, water etc. We walked there and then took a cab back for $5.
The location of this hotel is awesome! During the day we would hang out at the beach clubs, when you walk out of the hotel it is steps to "Billygans, Mango Deck, the Office" They have great specials two for one drinks and 5 beers for$15 buckets. There are many activities that you can do there, jet skiing, kayaking, standup boarding etc. We rented kayaks and standup boards and made our way to lovers beach (near the arch).

I also highly recommend a massage place, i dont know the name but if you walk out the front entrance of the hotel (where the front desk is) and make a right and walk towards the ocean you will see several shops on your right side. This massage area is airconditioned. Lourdes and Carmen gave the best massages!!! A friend of ours went to the beach to get a massage and said that it was nice but a little uncomfortable beacuse of the humidity, she advised us that it would be better if you go somewhere that is airconditioned. We did a deep tissue for 80 minutes, 2 for $100. They had very strong hands and good technique! One of the best massages ive ever had.
We also loved the food in cabo we tried Alexanders at the marina (kind of a fancy restaurant) they had two lobsters, two filet mignon for $50 bucks. My favorite restaurant for dinner in cabo is Maro Shrimp House. Its not a fancy restaurant, not expensive and very simple but the restaurant gives the mexican feel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christypix
Reviewed August 9, 2011

our trip to cabo was absolutely amazing, and it was all thanks to the people at Cabo Villas Resort. The people there were so accomadating and friendly, i cant wait to go back and stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

During our trip to Cabos last October, we happened upon the usual "freebies" stand while strolling through town. We decided to take them up on their offer of a free dinner cruise and horseback riding adventure if we would talk to them for 90 minutes. As is the usual case, the 90 minutes turned more into 3 hours, but after receiving the gifts promised - which were amazing - and after returning back with our sons for our family vacation this year, we very quickly decided it was the best investment we had ever made - not just for us, but for our family. We had total ease in making our reservations. The property was spotless, the staff extremely courteous and we absolutely loved it!!! It gives you a really good feeling going on vacation when you are staying at a place that you are actually a member of and not just another hotel - a sense of pride, especially at such an incredible place!!!! I highly recommend everyone even thinking about a time share in Cabos to check out this one - you will not be sorry that you did!

Room Tip: Be organized and book your trip early in the year!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank twilkerson14
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I just got back two nights ago and wish I was still there. We stayed july 19- 30 in a two bedroom executive suite. There was four of us; me, my boyfriend and two friends of ours. This was me and my boyfriend's 2nd year in cabo and our friends' first. Last year we stayed at me cabo and loved it but we were interested in having more space, a kitchen, smaller rates and since our friends would be joining us it just wasn't practical or economical to stay at me cabo. Cabo villas was the perfect choice! It was perfectly located within walking distance to everything like the mall, restaurants, nightclubs, etc. and most importantly medano beach! the only swimmable beach in cabo with beautiful calm water. you can also do watersports on this beach and catch water taxis to lovers beach and see the world famous arch. The executive suite was located in the newest tower of cabo villas called bayview suites so all the amenities were current and up to date. Every room in the suite had a nice large flat screen tv, we had a jacuzzi and wet bar on the balcony, washer and dryer, full kitchen minus an oven. The kitchen did have a full size fridge though, blender, coffeemaker, microwave, stove, toaster, etc. This was very convenient for making your own drinks and breakfast in your room to save a little cash. It was also nice to be able to bring leftovers from restaurants back. we had all the minibar stuff removed the day of check in to avoid trouble with excess room charges. we bought our own stuff from wal mart or nearby markets. The bathrooms and showers were nice and big and maid service came daily and they were awesome (they even washed our dishes). The only complaint i would have is that they shut the jacuzzis off at 6 pm and were only interested in using at night after going out b/c the daytime is hot obviously, but no biggie. you check towels out with your room number by the pool and you can either exchange or return them, make sure you don't lose them they are 25 dollars a piece. and room keys are 15 dollars a piece if you lose them before check out day. all in all no complaints we loved cabo villas and would definitely return. oh and one more thing skip the time share presentation unless you want the free wifi like we got, it is a big bore.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank marigny86
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My friend invited me to Cabo again this year and we stayed at her timeshare at Cabo Villas. I love this place! The staff at the reception desk I recognized from our girls' weekend last year! They are so warm and friendly! We got there early and our room wasn't ready, so we slipped into our swimsuits and headed to The Office for happy hour. When we returned around 4, the staff brought us to our amazing 1 bedroom apartment, complete with a hot tub right on our desk. Score! We were absolutely thrilled. Our unit was one of the newer ones. Clean and spotless. I wish I lived in a unit so open and modern. Flat screen tv in the living room and one in the bedroom. Oh, the bed was super comfy! Slept like a baby every night! New things I discovered this year: beach massage by Baja Cantina (loved it) and flank steak and eggs breakfast at Baja Cantina (not buffet but off the menu...so delicious!).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank J D
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This was my 4th time in Cabo, first time to stay at this resort. The location was great as far as access goes. We walked into town for everything, as well as having immediate beach access to el medano beach and all activities there.

I was in contact for two months prior with cabo villas to make sure everything was good to go. I was confident going in everything was going to be great. Nope....

I told them in advance that our reservation was for saturday, but would be arriving Sunday due to our wedding Sat, night in Oklahoma. I asked them to have our room ready for us when we arrived since we were booked the day previous anyways.

Room was not ready. Was asked about time share several times, said no repeatedly. After an hour, our room was ready. Was taken to our room and immediately went back to front desk to demand a new room. Was not the size we booked and as having previously discussed location with concierge desk for 2 month, the location was aweful. The ceiling fans were also broken. The front desk lied to my face repeatedly claiming the resort was 100% full and there were no one bedrooms on site with king size beds.... My wife got upset and demanded the hotel call RCI (my parents traded a time share for us as a gift for our wedding.) At this point, they told us we could upgrade for a significant fee (thought there were no rooms left?) and as soon as they heard my wife talking to RCI, a room with a king size bed (thought none of those existed?) magically opened up. So, we got "upgraded" to the basement with the view of the wall of the infinity pool. All while being told they could do more for us if we would take the time share tour.... My response "why would I buy a time share from you when you treat your guests like crap?" At this point, we decided that even with no view, the room was better and probably as good as it was going to get.

I know the beaches in Mexico are public, but it sucks that a hotel on the beach does not have an area roped off for guests, save the one attached to their restaurant where you have to buy drinks and stuff to use the loungers.

I gave the resort two stars because the room interior was nice, clean, and comfortable. The maid staff, pool staff, and bar staff were friendly and helpful. These things, as well as location to town, saved this resort from ruining our honeymoon

Will return to Cabo. Will never return to Cabo Villas

Room Tip: Only book if you can afford ocean view executive suites
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple