“Yum”

Carnitas El Michoacano
Ranked #233 of 601 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you like carnitas this is the place. The atmosphere is traditional Mexican with no frills. It is an open air restaurant so no air conditioning. The staff did not speak English when I was there, but I got my food. And it was really good. Bring your appetite and some friends to share.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We went to Carnitas Los Michoacanos with a private food guide for lunch (after a whole morning on tour with Claudia Velo - google her through Donna's Casa de Colores).
What a treat.
We had two tacos each (more than enough) one with pork loin, one with pork rib. A variety of salsas came along with fried crackling (deliciously light) and a plate of gorditos (little cuts of skin and meat with a bit of fat and I died and went to heaven).
Open only for lunch, it is located a bit up the road from the San Lucas Mega store.
Worth going to.
I am going back in a few days just to get some gorditos to take back to our condo !
Nothing fancy here, but the food is authentic and very very good.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The carnitas tacos are fantastic, and you can order the costillas (ribs) whole, which are even tastier. I also recommend the little fried pork fats (I can't remember what they call them). Ask and they will give you free samples. The staff is incredibly friendly. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Fresh corn tortillas, tender moist pork, varied toppings for you to apply . Fast service , lots of locals. Pork sold by fractions of kilos. Set several blocks back from Main Street so only serious foodies make the trek. Very reasonable. Lunch only.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

There were a lot of pork dishes on the menu, so we ordered a large pork dish and had lots left
over so took it back to our hotel.
Good food for your buck!

1  Thank blueeyes2008