“Yummo!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Koi Sushi

Koi Sushi
Ranked #57 of 545 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Carmel, Indiana
“Yummo!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Make the trip to KOI SUSHI for an amazing mouthwatering sushi fix! Since cab fare is outrageous in Cabo, plan on shopping at Walmart too. We stayed at Estancia, which is pretty much across the highway from the Walmart plaza and payed $12 each way for cab fare. The restaurant is located in the food court area of the plaza. If there is not enough room in the restaurant (it's very small), they serve people outside at the food court tables. We took the advice of other reviewers and told them what we like and had them make us whatever was good. Each and every roll we had was fabulous! The waiter couldn't believe how much sushi my 12 y/o son could eat. The sushi was some of the freshest I've ever had. Each roll was presented beautifully and tasted even better. Don't forget the seafood salad either. A great way to get your tastebuds dancing. The overall price is very reasonable compared to most sushi places. I'm craving me some Koi Sushi!! Can't wait to go back on my next trip to Cabo.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Zinwinegirl

Novato, California
“Los Cabo's Fantastic Sushi Place....KOI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Well, well, well who would have thought I would have the most fantastic sushi in Mexico. I should not have been so surprised they have the freshest seafood caught right there. We had heard of this restaurant on trip advisor so we made a special trip to Walmart and to have lunch at Koi. We check the menu over and chatted with Diego our waiter. He suggested he bring us some different selections. I think it was a pre-set lunch plate. Can't remember now, we took this trip last September and I am just now getting around to writing the review. Anyway he brought some wonderful selections of sushi. The fish was so fresh and the sauce was light and flavorful. Seemed to have lemon and soy in it. We asked for one extra selection, the "Diego" named after our waiter. Fantastic. We had no problem polishing off every single piece. The sushi is decorated very nice and looks pretty on the plate.

The one down side is that it is quite a ways from the hotel area in Cabo and San Jose. We paid about 25.00 to get there and then the same amount back to the Playa Grande at Lands End. While we were there we did shop at Walmat. It is unlike the Walmarts here in the U.S. It is mostly a huge grocery store. We stocked up on food for the condo. We like to have breakfast in and eat dinner out at one of the many restaurants.

You do not to Koi for the ambiance you go for the best sushi ever. Totally worth it, even the darn cab ride.
Enjoy if you are a sushi fan. I have heard some people stop there on the way out of town to the airport to pick up sushi to go. Better then eatting the food court food at the airport. Yum, yum.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank puggiegirl
Philadelphia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

If you're by the Walmart center, it is worth the trip. Excellent, fresh, tasty, great combinations. Creative rolls and sashimi options.

1 Thank Gary D
Lancaster, Canada
“IN ADDITION TO MY PREVIOUS REVIEW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

At the time I wrote my initial review I had not learned the names of two other servers there other than Diego. Whatever it is about this place, it seems to attract THE MOST INCREDIBLE STAFF!!!
Diego is not the only one with such finesse, charm, desire to please: Sergio & Ernesto are right up there with the best!!! I am remiss in that I did not get the Chef's name. He should be singled out for Kudos as well for giving individualized attention to his patrons...often personalizing menu offerings on clients wishes, requests.
Everything about my dining experiences there is a true delight!
At the risk of repeating myself, you may enter as strangers, but you will leave ( and return ) as friends and cherished customers.
Enjoy your experience.

Thank you and bless you one and all at Koi Sushi

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank S L H
San Felipe, Mexico
“great suishi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

wow! wonderful suishi in mexico! Usually Mexican suishi restaurants are awful! this place however is outstanding. I had the black and white seared tuna...the sauce was wonderful. husband had the mixed sashimi and raved about it. because of trip advisor, we would never had found this place. not only did we dine here but passing thru La Paz last week, we visited their newly opened restaurant, right on the malecon. had a wonderful view there as well as a great meal. visiting san jose del cabo next week and will try their restaurant there too!

• Visited April 2014