“A HIDDEN GEM IN LOS CABOS”
Review of Koi Sushi

Koi Sushi
Ranked #89 of 608 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Quite by accident I and my fellow Canadian visitors tripped over this hidden gem tucked away in , of all places , the rear food court of the WalMart Plaza in Cabo San Lucas
Fresh fish & seafood every day at incredible prices. The wait staff is so welcoming, knowledgable and helpful. Ask for whatever suggestions they have as many items are not on the menu, depending upon the catch of the day.
Diego is so welcoming to clients, new and old...but once there you will be returning as a valued customer & friend. The food is fresh, great quality, extremely reasonable prices...all this more than makes up for the less than charming ambience. Several visits allowed us to sample several menu offerings and none disappointed. However, when I was told the special of the day was fresh Tuna, I reluctantly informed Diego that I was not fond of raw fish but loved Seared Sushi Grade Tuna Steak......he immediately asked the Chef if he would Sear it for me. To my delight, he did and it was absolutely top notch.
This will definitely not be my last visit to Los Cabos or Koi Sushi.....definitely worth seeking out this little gem!!!
Thank you, all.
Your Canadian Fan
Sharlyn

1  Thank S L H

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Koi has ruined me. I feel like I will never have this good of sushi ever again. It was absolutely amazing. I can't tell you what we had because we just let the server bring us whatever the sushi chef wanted to make. Just say if you like spicy or not and request a certain kind of fish if you're in the mood for one in particular. Every roll was better than the last it seemed. We started with the scallop sashimi plate which was amazing also. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Prices are incredibly reasonable as we'll. Yes, it is in the walmart strip mall food court, and even after all the reviews saying not to let this fool me I was still apprehensive...even when we got there. But once the food started to arrive I was convinced. Wish we had gone earlier in our trip because now I have to wait another year to go back!

1  Thank mollywood82
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Yes, this is off the beaten path a little bit....but you probably have to buy booze and other accoutrements at Walmart anyways, so make the trip to Koi! Do you love sushi? Then you MUST go here. It's a tiny little hole in the wall at the food court at the Walmart plaza, but you can eat in the food court if you want too. Have the Chef's Special. AMAZING and SO FRESH! I wish we could have visited this fantastic little sushi place every day.....in fact now that I'm thinking about it I want it right now! (NOM NOM) Guess I gotta go back to Cabo ASAP! ;)

1  Thank staradew
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Yes it is located at the rear of the food court at Wal-Mart, but as previous reviewers suggest it is worth a visit. The ambiance is lacking, but what they lack in atmosphere they make up for in freshness and taste. Allow the waiter to make suggestions as there are special items not on the menu that are worth ordering. We ordered both his suggestions.

The fish is extremely fresh and the portion sizes are large. Some of the freshest fish I've ever had! Lastly it"s an economical meal- we ordered 3 rolls and an appetizer sashimi plate with drinks and the total bill was less than $60.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

In your travels through out cabo if you make a stop at wal-mart you must and I stress must!! stop at koi sushi !! This is one of the best sushi places I have ever been in my life !!
We order the chefs special there was three different rolls with fresh tuna/cilantro and a bunch of other ingredients ..... This place is super clean and the staff is very friendly this is a must stop in your travels through cabo !!!

1  Thank Van_cor