Esperanza is the most exquisite hotel that my wife or I have ever stayed in. We have stayed in some very nice places including the top of the line hotel chains as well as other Relais & Chateau Inns. This place tops them all.
We were on a business outing held at the hotel for 4 days. What struck us most about the place was the sense that we were connected to the outside and the Sea of Cortez even while in our room. The room opened up onto a balcony with a view of the sea and waves crashing on the rocks below. The doors to the balconey opened all the way across the room and it created an open air feeling that you were actually outside. We slept with the doors open and could hear the waves and feel the breezes. The temperature was splendid and low humidity felt very refreshing. Connected to the porch was an infinity jacuuzi which was also accessible from the bathroom window which opened up onto the jacuzzi. We sat out in the jacuzzi at night (and during the day) and overlooked the sea with complete privacy.
The room was very large with a separate bathroom area with double sinks, a bathtub and double shower heads that allowed two to take a shower simultaneaously. There was no shower door as the shower was a large tiled area that allowed a view of the sea as well.
The bed was very comfortable.
The food was very good, with dinner one night on the beach and another on the terrace which jutted out on a rock outcropping which gave a 300 degree view overlooking the beach and Sea of Cortez. Another dinner was spent at Edith's in town of Cabo San Lucas. Edith's was a very fun festive atmosphere with above average food.
The pools at Esperanza were very nice and each had the infinity style which added to the view of the Sea.
The views of the beach, rocks, and Sea from the resort are splendid and we spent much time just enjoying the scenery. The plantings and grounds were very well maintained and it was enjoyable just to walk among the grounds. The hotel also has access to the grounds of the timeshares right next door and use of the facilites there made the experience all the more impressive with the ability to access additional pools and facilties.
Most of all what made Esperanza so appealing was the service from the staff. The staff were the sweetest, most helpful hotel staff that my wife and I have ever experienced. We found the Mexican people in general to be very sweet and accomodating. Many of them spoke very good English and were knowledgeable of the area.
Esperanza is expensive, but I think for a special occassion it is worth the cost. We were surprised at the cost of things in general in Los Cabos area. We expected that with the slow economy and Mexico in general that prices would be lower than they were.
We also stayed one night at another resort on the Pacific coast side of Cabo and will report on that soon. This other resort was very nice and actually gets higher reviews on Trip Advisor, but we found Esperanza to be far far superior in every way.
Esperanza; if you can afford it go for it. You have to see it and experience it to believe it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, Esperanza is located within the private enclave of Punta Ballena in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Overlooking the Sea of Cortez, this highly acclaimed luxury resort offers an incomparable natural setting on 17 lushly landscaped acres. Fifty-seven guest casitas and suites cascade down a gentle hill affording spectacular ocean views from every room. Resort amenities include an oceanfront infinity-edge pool, private beach, award-wining spa, yoga studio, fitness center, art gallery and world-class dining—all with spectacular 180-degree vistas of sky and sea, for a perfectly private resort escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esperanza - An Auberge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperanza - An Auberge Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Esperanza An Auberge
- Esperanza Resort
- Esperanza - An Auberge Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos