“Our upcoming wedding on March 30th.”

Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Well, we chose this location to have our wedding solely based on the great time we had back in July 2009. There is truly a reason why this hotel is mentioned in many of the travel magazines I've read in the last 5 years. We were engaged on August 2009 and immediately booked our wedding at the Esperanza for March 30, 2010 and we are looking forward to what we believe will be a spectacular event.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,254)

Reviewed February 25, 2010

We just returned from a week's stay at Esperanza from 2/13-2/20 for my 50th birthday. We've had an extremely harsh winter in PA, and I could think of nothing more depressing than to be in the cold weather on my birthday.

My husband and I have stayed at many luxurious resorts and this one is up to par with the best of the best. When we arrived at the airport there was a private car waiting to pick us up with bottled water and cool towels. When we arrived at the resort we were greeted by our own concierge, Paula, who notified us that our room was ready for us and were escorted to our casita, which was lovely. She showed us how to work everything in our room, but it was the little things that really impressed.....a cell phone/IPod charger, a pair of binoculars which we took to the pool everyday to watch the whales jumping in the water, a Keurig coffee maker (which is the kind we have at home), a generous sized balcony with our own hot tub and a gorgeous view of the ocean/pool, and the most comfortable bed EVER! We rented a car and she told us it was being delivered to the hotel in an hour. She made all of our dinner reservations for the week and had some very fine recommendations. My husband mentioned to Paula that it was my birthday and this was not forgotten! Every evening before we went out there was a knock at our door with a little gift. One night was wine and cheese, one night was chocolate covered strawberries, a chocolate cake on the evening of my birthday, etc. We were always asked if we had any food restrictions or allergies (I don't eat red meat), and they made sure they called whatever restaurant we were going to and told them. On the day of my birthday, they didn't let me pay my bar tab at the pool, and when we went to Palmilla for dinner, we were given a menu that said "Happy Birthday" with my name on it. Every day Paula would look for us at the pool and inquire about our day and if there was anything we needed. Also, everyday somebody would come over from the spa and offer complimentary foot massages. The spa was top notch, and I opted for a swedish massage in a cabana on the beach, which was heaven!

The staff was extremely friendly and anything you wanted was there for the asking. Yes, the hotel is extremely pricey, but worth every penny for this kind of service. I really couldn't have asked for any place better or have been made to feel any more special than I did that week. I would go back in a heartbeat! The staff works very hard and will bend over backwards to make you happy. It's the little unexpected things that mean so much.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2010

It started with a special request form from the concierge when I made the reservation. This added a personal touch when we arrived, and the Mimosa's and champagne were waiting for us when we entered the room. Rose petals formed the shape of a heart on the bed, and led a trail to the hot tub with floating candles. Esperanza is spectacular. Front seat ocean views from the balcony while lounging in your hammock. Restaurant sits atop the cliffs with waves crashing below. The spa is top notch. Don't be surprised if you bump elbows with a celebrity while you are there. There's no better place on earth.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Esperanza for 5 nights in mid-January, 2010. Be forewarned this hotel is expensive. I think it is worth it. We purchased a package deal that included a room upgrade, breakfast for two each morning as well as transportation to and from the airport. The driver from the hotel was waiting for us when we exited the airport. The car was comfortable and clean. We were offered cold towels and bottled water. We checked into the hotel and our "peronsal concierge" gave us a tour of the hotel and our room. The view from the lobby and the pool area is spectacular. We stayed in a palapa spa suite. Very expensive but it was a truly spectacular ocean view room. The service poolside was as good as any I have experienced including many Four Seasons and Ritz-Carlton's where we have stayed. I think you should tip the pool staff for all of the fantastic service they provide. While I didn't feel pressured to do so we were generous with the poolside guys because they were so attentive. We were offered towel and chair set-up, movement of umbrellas for shade, food and drinks, bottled water, an occasional fruit smoothie and a short foot or shoulder massage while lounging at the pool. The food at the restaurants ranged from good to excellent depending on the time of day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and the location. We found breakfast at El Restaurante to be very good. We thought lunch, heavy appetizers and the limited dinner menu at La Palapa was also very good. We also spent one afternoon at the spa which is also five star in quality. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Beautilful views, amazing rooms and lots to do around the resort. only downside was it was not near local culture.

Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank katie8712
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Just a beautiful, peaceful resort. My wife and I were there for our 14th anniversary, and we loved our stay. Everything was near perfect.... but, be prepared to pay for it. It did get a bit old paying $20+ for every margarita ! But, for that once ina decade splurge, this is the palce !!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2010

Three of my friends and I visited Cabo for New Year's and stayed at the Esperanza for the latter part of our trip. If I could only use one word to describe the overall property/staff/grounds/scenery it would be LUXURY. The place is definitely expensive, but you should know that going in based upon the price of the room. But there are very few other resorts where you will get coconut milk popsicles and delicious blended fruit smoothies severed to you every hour or so at the pool. The majority of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful (we only had one issue -- more on that below), and they are there to serve your every need. Can't find your BlackBerry charger? They'll give you one. Want to rent a car? They'll get it delivered to the hotel within an hour. Craving late-night Dominos pizza (yes, I admit we were ready for this by our last night in Cabo)? They'll have it delivered to the lobby. It is definitely 5-star service and the benefit of having your own personal concierge is awesome. Cesar rocked!

The infinity pool at the resort side is breathtaking...I honestly don't think I've ever seen a more amazing pool. The fact that you can lay poolside overlooking the Sea of Cortez and witness whales jumping (with the bare eye) is just surreal. We saw at least a dozen whales on an overcast day, just while relaxing by the pool.

The resort definitely caters to couples or those just looking for relaxation and privacy (I can see why celebrities would go there). The four of us with our outgoing personalities and thirst for fun definitely stood out like sore thumbs at the place. But that being said, we still loved it.

The rooms are beautifully appointed and comfortable to the max. My only complaint about the rooms (which is actually my only complaint about the whole place overall) is the lighting situation in the rooms. It seriously took us like 20 minutes just to figure out how to work the lights in the room and even once we got them figured out, there are not enough/the room is too dim. It would be better with more lights and/or brighter light bulbs. (We met a great couple from Toronto at the pool and they agreed with us on the lighting issue.)

The other issue we had was that we had booked the hotel with the 4 of us in one room [we had a room w/ 2 Queen beds] and were very clear on this matter up-front when making the reservations. However, one evening when coming home from town late-night, we had a very difficult time getting through the gates to the resort; the security personell insisted that we only had 2 people in our room (even though the 4 of us all had keys and everyone at the resort was aware there were the 4 of us from Day 1). It took over 15 minutes of back-and-forth arguing (and Cesar was not on staff that night) before they finally let us in. And then the next day at the pool one of the staff we had never met before came and confronted us that we were not supposed to have 4 people in a room. It all got cleared up the next day when Cesar was back, but it was embaressing and an inconvenience.

Overall, though, the resort is amazing. I would love to go back someday with a spouse!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends