We just returned from a week's stay at Esperanza from 2/13-2/20 for my 50th birthday. We've had an extremely harsh winter in PA, and I could think of nothing more depressing than to be in the cold weather on my birthday.
My husband and I have stayed at many luxurious resorts and this one is up to par with the best of the best. When we arrived at the airport there was a private car waiting to pick us up with bottled water and cool towels. When we arrived at the resort we were greeted by our own concierge, Paula, who notified us that our room was ready for us and were escorted to our casita, which was lovely. She showed us how to work everything in our room, but it was the little things that really impressed.....a cell phone/IPod charger, a pair of binoculars which we took to the pool everyday to watch the whales jumping in the water, a Keurig coffee maker (which is the kind we have at home), a generous sized balcony with our own hot tub and a gorgeous view of the ocean/pool, and the most comfortable bed EVER! We rented a car and she told us it was being delivered to the hotel in an hour. She made all of our dinner reservations for the week and had some very fine recommendations. My husband mentioned to Paula that it was my birthday and this was not forgotten! Every evening before we went out there was a knock at our door with a little gift. One night was wine and cheese, one night was chocolate covered strawberries, a chocolate cake on the evening of my birthday, etc. We were always asked if we had any food restrictions or allergies (I don't eat red meat), and they made sure they called whatever restaurant we were going to and told them. On the day of my birthday, they didn't let me pay my bar tab at the pool, and when we went to Palmilla for dinner, we were given a menu that said "Happy Birthday" with my name on it. Every day Paula would look for us at the pool and inquire about our day and if there was anything we needed. Also, everyday somebody would come over from the spa and offer complimentary foot massages. The spa was top notch, and I opted for a swedish massage in a cabana on the beach, which was heaven!
The staff was extremely friendly and anything you wanted was there for the asking. Yes, the hotel is extremely pricey, but worth every penny for this kind of service. I really couldn't have asked for any place better or have been made to feel any more special than I did that week. I would go back in a heartbeat! The staff works very hard and will bend over backwards to make you happy. It's the little unexpected things that mean so much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, Esperanza is located within the private enclave of Punta Ballena in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Overlooking the Sea of Cortez, this highly acclaimed luxury resort offers an incomparable natural setting on 17 lushly landscaped acres. Fifty-seven guest casitas and suites cascade down a gentle hill affording spectacular ocean views from every room. Resort amenities include an oceanfront infinity-edge pool, private beach, award-wining spa, yoga studio, fitness center, art gallery and world-class dining—all with spectacular 180-degree vistas of sky and sea, for a perfectly private resort escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Esperanza - An Auberge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperanza - An Auberge Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Esperanza An Auberge
- Esperanza Resort
- Esperanza - An Auberge Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos