“Baja Beautiful”

Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This is my third trip to Esperanza in 18 months and I'm already reserving the next one! Where else can you watch the sun both rise and set on a perfect day with the most unspoiled of views? Nestled just between Old San Juan and Cabo the resort is stunningly beautiful and incredibly well appointed and maintained. The food is fresh and relevant, the tequila is abundant and the Staff could not be more gracious and accomodating no matter what area of the resort you are using.
The Spa is an oasis within the oasis and the fitness center is large, modern, and fully equipped. There is a jewel of a pool that goes on forever above a strip of beach.(And is totally seperate from the family pool.)
Lastly, the rooms alone are worth the trip. Wake up in your suite to views of the ocean and your own "inifinity" hot tub which can be seem from the picture window inside your mile wide walk-in shower for two and giant tub.
Esperanza is yet another gem in the Auberge family of jewels...

Room Tip: Ocean view Junior Suites are worth the extra dollars!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carley_12
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Wow, what a great review! We love to hear from some of our biggest Auberge Resorts fans!

Our entire team here at Esperanza was delighted to receive your wonderful feedback.

We look forward to seeing you and your friends at Esperanza in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards,
Marc Rodriguez

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed last week for our second time at Esperanza. First time was in January and now in November. Everything at Esperanza is top notch. Everyone is there to assist you in anything you need. I had planned on proposing to my girlfriend and wanted to make is special. Mr Diego Weiss helped me make it unbelievable. He suggested I do it on Thursday night, as they have fireworks those nights. He arranged for a private table overlooking the ocean at the Concina del Mar. He had the executive chef Gonzolo prepare some dorado that we had caught the day before. The table area was all lit up with candles. It was so romantic. All of the staff was aware of what was going on, all except for my girlfriend. As dessert was brought, I proposed as fireworks went off over our heads.They even had a heart shaped firework. Couldn't have been any better. Diego and his staff went above and beyond. I couldn't thank them enough. A day we will never forget. If you have a special night coming up, ask for Diego. He will take care of you.
Thank you everyone at Esperanza for making our stay the best it can be.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Grant M
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

I'm delighted you enjoyed our "over the top service" here at Esperanza! I'm glad that Diego, Gonzalo and our entire team helped to make your engagement proposal an unbelievable occasion!
We would love to have the opportunity to help plan a spectacular wedding as well! Please come see us soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

we stayed there for 4 nights in, we did not stay in the hotel but in the private villas. We had a 2 bedroom with our own private pool. It was comfortable and tastefully decorated. The beds were big and comfy, and the bathrooms huge and spacious. We had a bit of a problem with our sliding door and they came right away to fix the problem. Immaculate grounds and gorgeous pools. Yes the prices are up there, especially with the food and drinks, but since we had our own kitchen, we hired a driver who took us to Costco nearby and stocked up on drinks and food. There are outdoor BBQS so we grilled our fish and meats there. We went out to dinner once and lunch once at the hotel, and it was expensive, line NYC prices. A couple of margaritas and some fish tacos set us back $60. Beautiful resort though!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jg26

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed a "beautiful and very romantic" stay here at our Esperanza villas!
Yes, our spacious villas do include a nice state of the art kitchen and BBQ grill for grilling your steak or "catch of the day".

We hope you will return very soon!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Went with my wife for a romantic get together. Hotel car service was 40 minutes late. Ground floor rooms have your upstairs neighbor's balcony above your bed. If they're on their balcony, smoking and moving furniture - you're not sleeping. Asked to move rooms and we're told the hotel is 100% occupied. Called again 2 hours later and said we're not paying for the night. Somehow, they found a completely vacant 3 unit villa right across the walkway from us - and did eventually move us.

Now call me cheap, but for 900 a night and another 350 in food and beverage - I kind of expect something great. We met some friends at Las Ventanas for lunch; and we were so disappointed we didn't stay there instead. Beware, however. Las Ventanas lunch was 200 per couple.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank amtann

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay at Esperanza, an Auberge Resort. I am concerned by your comments and I’m very sorry that your experience was not what you expected. All the same, I am working with our new Rooms Director to ensure that your experience is not duplicated. We aim to “wow” all our guests during their visit to Esperanza and while we enjoy a very good success rate at doing this, we really did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
We would love for you to give Esperanza another opportunity during your next visit to Los Cabos. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back at a future stage and provide you with a closer to perfect experience as your original visit should have been.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Top of the line resort and service to match. A great place for adults or kids. The grounds, rooms and villas are all amazing.

The staff are friendly and professional and the Esperanza is a place I would definitely return to. You almost do not want to leave the resort, you have everything here.

• Stayed: November 2012
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

We appreciate your feedback and are thrilled that you consider us to be "One of the top resorts in Cabo". We hope you will return soon in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my second trip to Esperanza in the same year. I could not have imagined that my first perfect trip would improve over the first trip, BUT IT DID! The hospitality and service was over the top! Everyone from the service staff (at all levels) greets you at all times of the day as well as management. I was unaware of my upcoming engagement and was BLOWN AWAY- management (Diego Weiss) worked with my fiance to make evening perfect. We had a private, candle lit table over looking the ocean at Cocina del Mar, the service and food impecable! Additionally prior to, I attended a wine dinner on property where Chef Gonzolo Cerda paired fabulous dishes with boutique wines from Napa Valley. I can't imagine going any where else!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

It is wonderful to hear about your 2nd visit to Esperanza! Congratulations on your engagement and I am delighted that Diego, Gonzalo and our entire team helped to create such a romantic evening.

Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Large, beautifully designed rooms with detailed amenities. Well manicured grounds including beachside cabanas with attentive, friendly staff. Loved the food, drinks and personalized service. Will definitely return. This place deserves it's great reputation.

Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Jeffrey S
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

I'm delighted that you were able to "relax in quiet luxury" while at Esperanza!
Our team is gearing up for our high season and look forward to seeing you very soon!