“Best of everything!!”

Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
St. Helena, California
“Best of everything!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my second trip to Esperanza in the same year. I could not have imagined that my first perfect trip would improve over the first trip, BUT IT DID! The hospitality and service was over the top! Everyone from the service staff (at all levels) greets you at all times of the day as well as management. I was unaware of my upcoming engagement and was BLOWN AWAY- management (Diego Weiss) worked with my fiance to make evening perfect. We had a private, candle lit table over looking the ocean at Cocina del Mar, the service and food impecable! Additionally prior to, I attended a wine dinner on property where Chef Gonzolo Cerda paired fabulous dishes with boutique wines from Napa Valley. I can't imagine going any where else!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
It is wonderful to hear about your 2nd visit to Esperanza! Congratulations on your engagement and I am delighted that Diego, Gonzalo and our entire team helped to create such a romantic evening.

Please come see us again soon.

Marc Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Large, beautifully designed rooms with detailed amenities. Well manicured grounds including beachside cabanas with attentive, friendly staff. Loved the food, drinks and personalized service. Will definitely return. This place deserves it's great reputation.

Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jeffrey S
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I'm delighted that you were able to "relax in quiet luxury" while at Esperanza!
Our team is gearing up for our high season and look forward to seeing you very soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

For the past 5 years, we've always stayed at the Palmilla. We thought we'd change things up and try the Esperanza from all the rave reviews. Huge mistake! No comparison.
NEGATIVES: The place needs a huge overall. First thing.....we were offered cabana chairs on beach that were obviously used by someone earlier. Sandy and dirty. Gross!! Landscaping needed major detailing. Shrubs and trees needed dead-heading, grass had lots of dry spots, some flower beds were mostly dirt, pond into spa were disgusting, landscape lights were tipping over exposing wires, tile in pools had calcium build up in areas, bathrooms in public areas needed major sprucing up. Wood balconies needed sanding and staining. COME ON AUBURGE! Get with it! For example, wicker baskets needed replacing, walls needed painting, toilets and sinks needed updating. The bedroom we had was average quality. Furniture was average quality, cleaning solution they use was way too strong. As soon as you walked in, it reeked "Fabuloso" (Mexico's Pine Sol) Bathroom toiletries were basic. Nothing special. Towels were not luxury towels. Pads on pool chairs were poor which made them extremely uncomfortable. Pool chairs needed sanded and staining. Umbrellas needed replacing. You could feel the wood slats up against your backs. The family pool was worse. Plastic chairs? Huh? This is 5 star??? Service was not as special as the Palmilla. Pool service was minimal at times at adult side. Family side almost nonexistent. Had to leave and go to restaurant for service.

Positives were: Food was the best. Wide variety for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Bedding was extremely comfortable. Slept like a baby all 3 nights.

Basically, if you are expecting 5 star quality here, you will be disappointed. Go to the One and Only or Capella Pedragal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank 1016Motherof3
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay at Esperanza. Your feedback has highlighted a number of issues that my team and I are working on in order to provide a better service to future guests. I really value and appreciate your frank and honest feedback.

The culmination of recent storms and hurricanes that the Los Cabos area has experienced these last two and a half months has greatly affected our garden areas as well as our indoor & outdoor finishings greatly! We have not seen this amount of rainfall and wind activity in the last 15 years.
We are in the process of upgrading and enhancing several areas of the hotel with new furniture and finishings throughout the resort to improve our guest experience and in the coming weeks will be receiving the pieces that have been made for us over the past three months.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our food during your stay. Our Esperanza huevos rancheros or Chef Gonzalo's homemade orange French toast are to die for while you enjoy breakfast with a view of the Arch! It was wonderful to hear that you slept like a baby! I am glad that you were able to enjoy some rest and relaxation.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back sometime in the not too distant future.

Park City, Utah
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The management at this resort is excellent, the staff went above and beyond on many occasions. The experience starts when you arrive at the airport, a luxurious Cadillac Suv picks you up and drives you to the hotel about 30 minutes out, the driver was nice and he gave us water, a wet towel and some handmade chips. Check in was done before we arrived the concierge took care of everything before we got there, we where greeted in our room with wine and chocolate covered strawberries, which I loved, so we could began our vacation immediately. Our room was a 4 bd 4.5 bath that was beautifully appointed and very well taken care of, clean and modern. Our room was in the private residence area. The bed was very comfortable with extra nice sheets and pillows. The service is top notch through out the hotel, we stayed for 6 nights and by the second day everybody knew our names a really nice touch.

We had breakfast everyday on the terrace in room, it's hard to beat a breakfast with a sea view.
***Highly recommend having the concierge shop for breakfast items for the family, for the entire trip before you arrive. Let me pause here and say breakfast for four ordered from room service will cost approximately $170 USD , that being said the breakfasts that we ordered where magnificent. We dined at the poolside restaurant for lunch everyday, I highly recommend the sea bass sandwich with grilled vegetables. My favorite thing about this place was hanging out poolside. Poolside have great cocktails and very nice service, they provided toys for my youngest (6) and an entire playroom/activity room for my oldest (12) and his guest. The response for all our requests during our stay was always the same, “Of course” and a smile!

There are 3 restaurants on the property, and all 3 have exceptional food I truly enjoyed all the restaurants, but if you happen to have a husband that is adventurous I highly recommend him going to the local fish market and picking up the catch of the day and having a wonderful dinner on your terrace. We discovered this the last night of our stay or we would have done this more often. After our wonderful dinner on our terrace we walked the property, then down to the beach, watched the fireworks (8:15pm), what a wonderful way to end an evening. FYI dinner at LaPala (mexican night a buffet) 4 adults 3 children will cost you approximately $530 USD that's with adult beverages.

Don't forget to feed the Koi fish on the property the monies go to help the breeding turtles in Cabo. We missed their migration by one week. We will see them next year!

If you have time I highly recommend the spa! I love going to the spa at home, but this really was a treat.... Get there early so you can really enjoy all there amenities. You must try the green drink. Also if you enjoy working out at home I highly recommend all the complimentary classes they offer everyday, especially boot camp on the beach.

I can't say enough about my stay at Esperanza. The pools, the room, the staff, the food... I spent a week at Esperanza that I will remember it for a lifetime. Thank you

See you in December!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank phigman
Thank you for your nice review! The Esperanza team enjoys going above and beyond to exceed our guests' expectations and getting to know each guest and member.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your 4 bedroom villa. Yes, the pre-grocery shopping experience is definitely worth it, especially for families! The Mexicanisimo is a must for everyone, authentic Mexican food with fireworks and mariachi. Also, our new Burger night is a wonderful option for families as well.

We wil see you in December!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Ah, to live in luxury where every whim and desire is met simply by asking. Sun for tanning, pools and beach for swimming and food for sustenance and pure pleasure. Such an attentive staff and not one with his/her hand out. Our suite was magnificent with an incredible view of the sea of Cortes. I read 4 novels in 7 days, due testimony to the relaxing, kind atmosphere needed to decompress from a sometimes stressful life. My wife and family loved it and all want to return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments from your family's recent visit to Esperanza!
October is a lovely time to be here and our suites do have incredible views of the ocean.

We hope you will have the chance to return to "paradise" again in the not too distant future!

Warmest Seasonal Wishes,
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 13, 2012

stayed in the Palapa Spa Suite

Pros:
- service is excellent & beyond reproach
- room was good size & had all of the amenities
- balcony was just amazing, so peaceful with a view and a hotub
- room service was timely & food was quite decent

Cons:
- having been to Cabo for years & stayed at another hotel on the same trip, i have to say value for money just isnt here ... i had to swallow hard to pay over $1500/night, and was expecting something i had not seen before. the hotel was 5-star, but it wasn't so overtop to justify the price

- location of the hotel wasn't all that special either ... it has 2 lesser hotels on either side on the beach (though they are some distance away), but again for this price i was expecting something really & truly special

I am really divided on this hotel b/c it was nice & delivered what was promised, but given the cost involved, i was expecting more (perhaps I am being unreasonable)

I would imagine that if money was no object & I was willing to pay any price for a level of service, then I might have a different view & evaluate this place entirely on the hotel accommodation & service (but I'm not in that place just yet)

btw, i went to Cabo last week of August & i have to say that it was a like visit to the sun ... i would strongly advise anyone planing a Cabo trip (which is overall worthwhile) to avoid this time of year

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DQC_76
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The management of this resort should come to the U.S. and teach the meaning of "customer service" to every establishment here! I literally felt like I was the most important person there. Every single detail was thought about. For instance, I never "saw" a mop or broom as they were covered in a decorative cloak. I never "saw" the staff carting off the trash from the restaurant/pool as it was covered with a beautiful Mexican blanket. I absolutely loved the little trinkets that were left on my pillow every night when staff turned down my bed. A pool attendant noticed I was burning and without asking he brought me cold wet towels and pulled my umbrella over to shade me. Everyone was helpful and always wearing a smile and in a good mood. This place gave me a true vacation!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Regina W
At Esperanza we aim to please and I am thrilled that you were "treated like a princess". Our entire team enjoy what they do and it is a pleasure to hear that we exceeded your expectations.

I hope you will have the opportunity to return to Esperanza very soon!

Warmest Regards,