For the past 5 years, we've always stayed at the Palmilla. We thought we'd change things up and try the Esperanza from all the rave reviews. Huge mistake! No comparison.
NEGATIVES: The place needs a huge overall. First thing.....we were offered cabana chairs on beach that were obviously used by someone earlier. Sandy and dirty. Gross!! Landscaping needed major detailing. Shrubs and trees needed dead-heading, grass had lots of dry spots, some flower beds were mostly dirt, pond into spa were disgusting, landscape lights were tipping over exposing wires, tile in pools had calcium build up in areas, bathrooms in public areas needed major sprucing up. Wood balconies needed sanding and staining. COME ON AUBURGE! Get with it! For example, wicker baskets needed replacing, walls needed painting, toilets and sinks needed updating. The bedroom we had was average quality. Furniture was average quality, cleaning solution they use was way too strong. As soon as you walked in, it reeked "Fabuloso" (Mexico's Pine Sol) Bathroom toiletries were basic. Nothing special. Towels were not luxury towels. Pads on pool chairs were poor which made them extremely uncomfortable. Pool chairs needed sanded and staining. Umbrellas needed replacing. You could feel the wood slats up against your backs. The family pool was worse. Plastic chairs? Huh? This is 5 star??? Service was not as special as the Palmilla. Pool service was minimal at times at adult side. Family side almost nonexistent. Had to leave and go to restaurant for service.
Positives were: Food was the best. Wide variety for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Bedding was extremely comfortable. Slept like a baby all 3 nights.
Basically, if you are expecting 5 star quality here, you will be disappointed. Go to the One and Only or Capella Pedragal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, Esperanza is located within the private enclave of Punta Ballena in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Overlooking the Sea of Cortez, this highly acclaimed luxury resort offers an incomparable natural setting on 17 lushly landscaped acres. Fifty-seven guest casitas and suites cascade down a gentle hill affording spectacular ocean views from every room. Resort amenities include an oceanfront infinity-edge pool, private beach, award-wining spa, yoga studio, fitness center, art gallery and world-class dining—all with spectacular 180-degree vistas of sky and sea, for a perfectly private resort escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Esperanza - An Auberge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperanza - An Auberge Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Esperanza An Auberge
- Esperanza Resort
- Esperanza - An Auberge Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos