“Most Amazing Resort!”

Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Edwards, Colorado
“Most Amazing Resort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

Esperanza has been one of the most amazing resorts I have been to in a long time. Upon arrival we were served a spectacular Welcome Drink, available in both with and without alcohol. Our check in was quick and efficient. The grounds/landscaping are beautiful and very well maintained. The casita that we had was very large and even had its own private hot tub on the patio, that over looked the water. I had arranged a Welcome Amenity as it was my husband’s birthday, which was brought promptly upon arriving to our room. The adult only pool is where I spent most of my time was just gorgeous and also over looked the water. They also had a private beach area too. The attendants at the pool were great, setting up the lounge chairs for you with fresh towels and bringing cold water without even asking. Every few hours they would also bring nice cold little refreshments, sometimes they were beverages and other times it was homemade ice pops. All were great, especially while in the warm sun. Most of all, the food at the main restaurant and lunch restaurant was superb. Delicious flavors and right portion size. Our server even had great recommendation on Mexican wine, which was surprisingly delicious. The spa was also great! I had the most amazing facial that I've ever had and also had a wonderful couples massage. Every staff member I encountered were not only nice but gave genuine service. It was refreshing not to have the “ it’s my pleasure” robot service. My only complaint is that I couldn’t stay longer! It’s been a while since I’ve been to a resort like this, and I will most definitely be coming back again and again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for sending us your feedback through Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that you chose Esperanza for your husband’s birthday and that we were able to exceed your expectations on such a special occasion. Thank you for sharing such detailed comments about our service and staff. I will share with them as well.

We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you can stay longer on your next trip!

Marc Rodriguez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

This was a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the excellent weather!! Good food, good drinks and a lot of fun!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to send us your feedback through Trip Advisor.
I am happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy sunny Esperanza!
We would love to have you and your friends back soon.

Vail
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I recently spent 4 amazing days at Esperanza. I was met at the airport by the hotel staff who took away all the headaches normally associated with arriving in Cabo. After a 30 minute drive to the the resort and being greeted by the warm and friendly staff with their delicious signature cilantro and cucumber margarita, while taking in the absolutely stunning views of the Sea of Cortez. I knew I was in for a special stay and was not disapointed.
The staff were absolutely outstanding throughout the resort. The pool staff were always there to change your towels and offer complimentary refreshments througout the day. The spa is outstanding and a definite must when visiting the resort. The food in the restaurants was world class. Tip: you must take the sommiliers recommendations and try some of the local Mexican wines which were excellent.

Definitely a place to add to your bucket list

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful reviews from your recent stay! I am thrilled that you found Esperanza to be the best hotel in Mexico.

I will be sure to share your fabulous comments with my team.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

With out a doubt one if not the finest resorts in all of Cabo
Great Service,Personal Butler,Fresh fruit daily and stocked Fridge, Our own private pool and Jacuzzi.Breakfast restaraunt as well as dinner restaurants with great food and great views and the best service
Total privacy with the most fabulous sea views.

Room Tip: Bottom floor with ocean view if you want the best 2 bedroom in the place
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that you found Esperanza to be one of the finest resorts in Cabo! I will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with my staff.
We look forward to having you and your friends back soon!

Villalba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I recently spent a very happy, enjoyable, relaxing vacation with my family at Esperanza Resort. Our experiences from our airport pick up to check-out were very, very positive. The resort is incredibly attractive, well designed, set against amazing ocean views. Although you cannot swim in the sea, there is access to the beaches whether it be for crab hunting to enjoying the "barefoot bar" in the evening for "smores" with the children or cocktails for adults only. Our room was very comfortable with quality furnishings and housekeeping services extremely attentive. There are a huge choice of swimming pools and dining for children and adults alike so the resort maintains a good balance between a family style holiday or an adult only holiday. It is very well thought out with a lovely feeling of space and tranquility. Food choice is very good and the ambiance in the restaurants in the evenings extremely pleasant & relaxing. All the staff were very eager to help and assist to make our holiday special. The combination of the attentiveness of the staff and the situation of the property combine to justify a 5 overall rating... For me and for my family ..Esperanza IS that " special, magical " getaway and exceeded all our expectations. We really, really hope to be able to visit again very soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
I am so glad that you had a very enjoyable and relaxing visit to Esperanza! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor.

Our new amenities such as the Barefoot Beach Bar and s’mores at the fire pit have been a huge success with our guests and members alike. I am thrilled that you enjoyed these and that our Esperanza team helped to exceed your expectations.

We really hope to have you visit again soon!

Warm Regards,

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Esperanza is another beautiful big resort that is well done and well designed. I am more of a boutique resort and hotel type of girl, but If you like big resorts with all the bells and whistles you will enjoy Esperanza.

Here's what’s tops at Esperanza:
Service - very very good!!! - 5
Views - beautiful - 5
Pools - many, plenty and very well done, pool fun for kids and adults - 5
Spa - expensive but very good - best masseuse Daniel, if you like it deep and you like to be stretched out he is your guy - he is one of the best I have ever had! - 6
Exercise Facilities - top notch including my favorite power plate
Classes and Activities - fabulous yoga by Isabelle and Blanca - great TRX classes and boot camps plus other fun activities like mountain biking and cooking classes - 5
La Palapa Restaurant - very good for lunch or dinner - 4

Here's what’s less than tops:
Construction Quality - we were in the villa section - which is very very nice- but the walls and windows are far from sound proof - some of the thinnest and nosiest accommodations I have ever experienced - 1
Beach - there is no swimmable beach at Esperanza, but that is common for many Cabo Resorts - 1
Cocina Del Mar restaurant - is a huge disappointment - and most people that I ran into felt the same. It was bad for breakfast as well as dinner - and it’s pretty pricey -1
El Bar - the restaurant and Bar where they serve tapas - was also disappointing - 2

Room Tip: the reason I give the rooms and the sleep quality poor ratings because the walls and construction ar...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank DianeLStrauss
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for sharing candid feedback regarding your recent stay at Esperanza.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed our service at Esperanza. Our staff work very hard and enjoy what they do!

Recently at the Spa we have included new complementary activities such as boot camp and TRX classes. I am glad that you enjoyed these classes and appreciate your comments.

Regarding your Food & Beverage feedback, our Executive Chef and F&B Director are working on new menus and offerings to enhance our culinary experience here at Esperanza.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Esperanza!

Yours Sincerely,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

The resort is a 5 overall, the service and workers are amazing.
I suggest that if you stay there, avoid 3rd floor rooms especially C-54; or bring ear plugs. The generators are very very loud throughout the night that are very hard to sleep through, even after several drinks!! So bring your earplugs!

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your recent visit to Esperanza!
I am glad that you found our resort to be a 5 overall and the service and staff to be amazing. I have shared this wonderful news with my team.

Regarding the noise in your casita, we are working to correct this issue.

I appreciate your comments and hope to have you back at Esperanza very soon.

Yours Sincerely,