“A Treasure Worth Seeking”
Review of Healthy Restaurant & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Healthy Restaurant & Wine Bar
Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Organic Restaurant And Wine Bar, Very Low Prices Affordable To All, Within Walking Distance In The Heart Of The City, Home Made Pasta, Fresh Catch Of The Day, Best Steak In Town, We Have Our Own Garden Of Herbs And Spices At Our Backyard. Must Try Our Clericot. Nice Quiet Ambience. Seats Outdoor & Indoor, Plasma Tv For Sports, Ideal For Families, Or To Enjoy A Nice Romantic Dinner For Two. 100% Recomendable By Our Captive Clientele. You Will Be Attended Personally By The Owner Of The Restaurant. It's Located Just A Block Away From The Museum Main Square Plaza.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Our family of 4 just returned from a week in Cabo. This was our 5th trip. Each year gets better and better as we discover where to go and what to do. We are looking for the "hidden gems" that make you feel like you have uncovered a hidden treasure.There are 2 types of restaurants that I would highly recommend. 1.) A restaurant with an amazing view, ambiance, service and food to match. Such restaurants almost always (if not always) are very expensive. 2.) A restaurant that has unbelievable food and service and is a bargain. Healthy falls into category #2. If you are looking for a fancy night out, this is not it. But if you want fantastic food for an excellent price, you just cannot miss out on Healthy!

Many tourists will be lured to Hard Rock and restaurants on the marina. A piece of advice, either walk the couple extra blocks or take a cab to Calle 5 de Mayo! We walked. It only took a few extra minutes past Hard Rock. In order to find Healthy, walk towards the cliffs of Pedregal on Lazaro Cardenas. When you see "Mermaids" you are almost there. Turn right on the street just before Mermaids. This is Vicente Guerrero. Finally, take the first left onto 5 De Mayo. Misiones de Kino (another restaurant is on the corner). Healthy is ahead on the left.

The majority of the tables are outside on a cozy patio. Although there are 2 tables inside. The owner and his son, Ian, speak fantastic English. They were so hospitable. My kids couldn't wait to go back, and neither could we. In our 3 visits during the trip, we ordered the 100% sirloin burger (absolutely the best burger EVER), the salmon (I highly recommend), the Pita de Pollo (my husband highly recommends), the lasagna (we all highly recommend), french toast with fruit and granola (my daughter (age 10) highly recommends) and the "best in Mexico" corn bread cake. Every dish was phenomenal. We had 2 Coronas each, the kids had sodas, and the tab with tax and tip never went over $50. You will be treated like family. Truly, these are such good people. I cannot wait to go back.

The one reason Healthy has not taken off is because of the location. But it really is not far off the beaten path. And it is absolutely worth finding. You won't be disappointed.

3  Thank Journey4life2gether
There are newer reviews for Healthy Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family ate dinner here last night. It was a little challenging to find but it was worth the trouble. I am a vegan, my 10-year old is a vegetarian and my boyfriend is a meat eater. We all enjoyed our meals! It was nice to have vegan options. The service was fantastic. I hope to dine here again before leaving Cabo.

3  Thank Christine S
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We read all the reviews before we went looking for his place and it was not easy to find, but worth the effort! We went for a late lunch and were very nervous because there was nobody in the restaurant. We asked if they were open and a young gentlemen replied yes. We sat outside on the patio and the place was very clean. Our server named "Ian" came over to the table and was very pleasant! We all ordered different plates and everyone loved their food, the best food we had in Cabo. Ian was very attentive, I felt like i was at a five star restaurant. I am Gluten Free and they even brought bread to the table for me that was gluten free, very impressed! This wonderful place is definitely worth finding and the prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food. You won't be sorry!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Off the beaten path but so worth finding! Trip Advisor reviews paid off big time as I only look for restaurants that serve organic and fresh! Great prices and the title of the restaurant lives up to its name. The food was absolutely scrumptious and the food presentation was likened to a 5 star restaurant. Every bite was mouth watering and their bread is heavenly! Exceptionally clean place and our waiter (the son of the owner) spoke excellent English and was the nicest young man. Truly a gem of a place that you can't go wrong with!!!

1  Thank Karin N
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Sir crazy after being hotel bound due to a tropical storm we ventured out for a quick bit. A few blocks off the beaten path in Cabo we found a wonderful family owned restaurant that serves awesome healthy food. The burgers rocked, loaded with perfectly grilled onions and well seasoned beef. The steak and mashed potatoes were cooked to perfection. The owner gifted us with warm corn cakes which were a little taste of heaven, very moist. The owner and his teenage son were the perfect hosts. Give this one a try.