“La Palmita”

Mariscos La Palmita
Ranked #15 of 642 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Tasty Food,Friendly atmosphere,Good Quality. All the characteristics to Enjoy the pleasure of Eating. Innovated dishes,full of flavour to make you want more of that Salsa. A nice Mexican Family waits for you tu try their Art and Passion for food. Always Fresh and Clean Ingredients.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Hands down, best stop in Cabo. I have been to Cabo over and over, Luis the owner has become a personal friend. Looks can be deceiving, I have dined all over the world at places that charge more than I care to think about and I would take his food and atmosphere any day.

Don't miss this place... Tell Luis Luke from Texas said hello and I will see him soon

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This place is a little hard to find but well worth it. The food is great and the staff was very friendly. We ate lunch there and shared cerviche and the imperial shrimp. Both were great and everything was really fresh.

1  Thank ladyboater55
Reviewed March 5, 2014

You might want to eat here early in your trip. I'm pretty sure you will want to return. We visited again this year and the food is still wonderful at a great price. Luis remembered us from last year and welcomed us with his huge smile.

Starting March 4th the hours are Tuesday - Sunday from 11:00 am - 9:00 pm.
He is closed on Mondays.

The restaurant also goes by the name of Mariscos La Palmita. It has a total of 6 tables. You can see the food preparation right from your table in this open air restaurant. Luis even comes to your table and visits with you. I have to admit he doesn't speak much English ~ Nor do we speak much Spanish, but the waitress & his helper, Maria speak enough to get the order taken. The menu is in Spanish on one side & English on the other. There are pictures on the wall to help in ordering. He is also very happy to specially prepare or substitute things for you. It is not unusual to see his young daughter & wife in there helping. It is just a local family run place. So much more enjoyable than the larger touristy restaurants.

6 adults ate for $ 90 USD. Including 5 beers, 1 bottle water, chips, pico, fresh tortillas, plus we each had a beautifully prepared entree, including 4 lobster tails, and more shrimp than we could eat. There is even a clean bathroom and free wi fi!

The restaurant is one block up from Desperados turning left at the large shoe store on the corner. The bill comes with both pesos and USD written on it. They don't take plastic.

3  Thank RoseDale1963
Reviewed February 25, 2014

On our first trip to Cabo we asked a bartender we befriended, "Ricky" (Happy Endings Cantina) Where to go for some real good seafood? He told us about Mariscos La Palmita and we stopped by for lunch the next day. We met Louis and his staff and they immediately made us feel at home. This was in October 2013. Honestly I don't recall which seafood combo plate I devoured that day but I do remember leaving completely satisfied with the feeling that I had made a new friend!
On this recent trip, my friends and I were walking the streets at night (bar hopping) when a car pulls up at the corner right before I start to cross the street. To my surprise, it was Louis. He stopped just long enough to say, "Hi" and stop by when we can. We stopped in for a snack the next day but didn't have time for lunch because we were busy making plans for our first Cabo fishing trip. Louis was eager to help us out any way that he can. He offered to cook up our catch and let us celebrate at his restaurant! Well...the fishing didn't go as well as we thought it would. Total: 1 Marlin kept, 1 released and the Big One that got away! We were hoping to bring back a boatload but it just didn't happen that way. Louis still treated us to a fabulous meal that night! We statred off with chips, fresh guacamole and an awesome ceviche! Then for the main course we split a shrimp and fish combo tray. The bacon wrapped rainbow shrimp is amazing! We washed it all down with some Ice Cold Modelo's!
Mariscos La Palmita is definitely worth a try. Laid back atmosphere, covered open-air dining, friendly people and great food! What more can you ask for? Stop on by....you wont leave hungry and you just might make a new friend!!!

1  Thank Tom619D
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

We ate at Palmita twice while in Cabo. What a treat! Luis was excited to see us as first timers and even more excited to see us the second time around. The Imperial Shrimp are the absolute best. We noticed they pushed the lobster, which we did not try. Order the mixed Ceviche, it was delicious. His Margaritas where very good, he did not go lightly on the tequila! We had a great time.

1  Thank fremont5