“BAD BAD BAD BAD”

Fairfield Inn Los Cabos
Ranked #34 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I was there last christmas for a 2 weeks vacations. I needed to make a phone call to my airline to change some flights time. I went down and ask the front desk if it is ok for me to cal this number (I showed them the number). Both people at the front desk looked at the number and comfirmed with me that it will cost me nothing to call this number from my room. So I went up in my room. About 2 hours later, before I called, I went downstairs again and asked again ...just to be sure. 2 new people were there at the front desk this time (I guess they just switch) and they both saw the number I was going to call and told me also that it was ok to call this number from my room for free. So I did.

Then the day I left, big surprise to me to find out that they charged me 400$ for a call I made! WHAT??? I tried everything I could to not pay this but they still charged me that 400$. I contacted Mr. Eduardo Marquez ( the supposed man in charge there) by email to explain the situation but he told me that there is nothing he can do. After his reply, I tried contacting him many many times to explained to him the situation but he did not even care replying ever to my email.

Thsi place has no customer service what so ever and the staff does not even know whats going on. At the end of the day, they dont care about your business, not trying at all to make you come back...all they want its YOUR money for the time you are there.

Sad but true. this place has potentiel but the people in charge are just not doing their job to make their customers happy, mostly when THEY are the one that gave wrong information that ends up costing their customers.

If you need any more info about this, you can contact me anytime and Ill surely tell you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank danyg990
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn Los Cabos

Reviewed April 2, 2013

While I've never had difficulties with a Marriott in the past, I was stunned with how little the staff was willing to work with me here. I stayed four days, three nights with my best friend for Spring Break. The first day, I wore a brand new, bright pink bikini down to the ocean, ate, drank, swam, and ran around until I was thoroughly exhausted. I fell asleep in my bikini in my bed and woke up to find that the bright pink dye had seeped into the sheets! I panicked, but there was nothing I could do except see if the hotel would charge me or not. If the dye wouldn't come out, I would gladly pay for the sheets that I ruined--I accepted that. Later that day, I found some dye on my own beach towel. I went to the sink to try to wash it out, and with minimal soap and some warm water, it washed right away! I felt much better knowing there would be no charge for the sheets, as the dye clearly washed away no problem.

The next morning, I received a call saying I would owe 1,500 pesos, or $125 for the damaged sheets, pillowcases, AND towels! I went downstairs to ask to see the damaged goods. There indeed was my bikini print on the main sheet, and then just blotches on all the other items. It looked like they mixed all the items together and the dye transferred to them. Either way, it shouldn't have mattered what the dye got on, because it came out!! I asked what they washed with. They said it wouldn't come out because they don't use bleach or chlorine (what do you use then???). Furious, I told them I'd wash them myself. And I did. My incredible roommate helped out, and we sat in the bathtub with two bars of soap, washing away the pink. Less than an hour later, I returned 6 spotless pieces of linen to them, and they removed all charges.

I didn't get any apology whatsoever. I just did my own laundry in Cabo during my Spring Break. Way to try to make money off the college spring break guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Lovelyxx13
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I took my teenage daughters to this nearly new and modern hotel for 3 days, 2 nights over spring break. We were given a room with 2 double beds on the top (4th) floor overlooking the pool and distant ocean views. With the AC on low, we heard nothing at night and slept well on the comfortable beds. I'm a bit of a germaphobe and was relieved at the smooth tile floors and the blanket being wrapped in a crisp white sheet. No traditional bedspread, just a decorative band at the bottom of the bed. Bathroom has shampoo/conditioner, soap and hairdryer and is roomy enough for 2 girls to get ready in the AM. You will need to walk about 10 minutes down Boulevard Reforma to the locals beach or take a left out of the hotel to the marina to take a water taxi to the tourist beaches (Lovers, Divorce, etc.).
The reception staff has enough good english to direct you or book a tour.

The only negative is the cab ride from the airport, which is a set rate of $80 for a 20 minute ride. This is not any fault of the hotel, it is the rate all tourists pay to go to any of the hotels. There are car rentals you can book in advance from travelocity or others, and they are only $10/day with $15/day insurance (CDW is carried by most credit cards, so don't take this). We will do this if we ever visit again as it is an easy drive and the hotel has free parking.
The breakfast is basic - scrambled eggs, toast, muffins, bananas, apples, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee.

Room Tip: Top floor facing pool will get you an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Claudia M
Cesar Z, Director General at Fairfield Inn Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience about your stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Los Cabos. Please know that it is a pleasure to offer you the best service to make you feel welcome.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Marriott Los Cabos in Cabo San Lucas is a new and well maintained hotel just a few blocks from main part of town: restaurants, night clubs and marina. Nice breakfast included. Was impressed with the fresh fruit and hot eggs in a free hotel breakfast. Alejandra the front desk girl always seemed so inconvenienced every time you ask a question or need assistance with something. She gives you the attitude, "I'm not paid enough to do anything but stand behind this desk, so don't ask me." The look on her face says it all.

The most upsetting and absolutely unacceptable event was when on day #2 of my 4 day stay in the Los Cabos Marriott is when all of sudden I couldn't get any internet connect. I need internet to run several internet companies I manage, not to play on Facebook or something trivial. The only reason I could go on a short vacation was because I connect to my employees and work.

After talking alerting Alejandra to the problem she said someone would fix it. Then hours went by. Called Alejandra again. She said a technical should be resetting the router soon. What? How many hours to turn on and off a router. After waiting most of the day for that enormous feat, the internet still did not work. Finally, after 6 hours they connected me to technical support which was obviously in India. After 20 minutes on the phone and the getting assigned a new IP address that didn't work. They said someone would call me back in 10 minutes to troubleshoot it, but nobody ever contacted me.

Nobody in the hotel could assist in anyway and either had dumb explanations which showed they didn't know anything about internet connections, servers or router or just gave me a blank look. I had to give up because nobody on any level could help in anyway or provide a solution.

I've been at the Marriott in the U.S. many times and this is the only time I've seen truly incompetent employees and people who don't have any place working with the public much less the front desk of a Marriott hotel.

It really tarnishes the reputation of Marriott. They should monitor these satellite foreign hotels more closely.

Room Tip: Get 2 double beds for an automatically larger room. The one king covers the entire room and you won...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve J
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family had to spend an extra night in Cabo before we could check in to our resort and chose this hotel because I could use minimal Marriott points. Looking at the pictures and location, I wasn't expecting too much but this is a real nice hotel. It's is really new. Rooms aren't the largest, but the bathrooms are big. The pool area and workout area are really nice. It was very quiet and walking distance to beaches. Overall a very nice stay.

The only complaint is their room service comes from the bar next door and all their breaded items tasted like fish. The kids did not enjoy their chicken strips but my chips and guacamole were good.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Los Cabos.
It is nice to know you liked the hotel as well as the service provided.
Please know that it is a pleasure to offer you the best service to make you feel welcome and he hope to host you again!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We chose this hotel originally because I am a Marriott Gold and wanted to use points for our first trip to Mexico. We are delighted with our choice! The hotel is only a few years old, but is built better than many US hotels I have stayed in on my business travels. The sound insulation is excellent! We have been here 5 days so far and have never heard any of our immediate neighbors. It is very quiet. We have a view of the Sea of Cortez and a couple of the beach-side resorts from our 4th floor room. We can even see the rocks at Lands End.

Breakfast is included in the price and it is a very decent breakfast. There is always hot coffee available in the lobby area. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The internet speed has been quite satisfactory, unless you are trying to do a large download.

This is great value if you just want a very decent place to stay within an easy walk to Medano Beach, the Marina, and downtown Cabo.

There is a bus stop right by the hotel if you want to take the Inter-Baja to San Jose del Cabo (27 pesos) or, for a fun adventure, one the older white busses (same price) which are used by many of the locals.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room on the side toward the Sea of Cortez. You will not hear street noise anywh...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cesar Z, Director General at Fairfield Inn Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear guest,

It is rewarding to read comments such as yours and it is satisfying to know that we can achieve what we strive for, which is to make you feel more than welcome and to fulfill all your expectations. . We look forward to hosting you again and thank you for taking the time to write us.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was my first visit to Cabo San Lucas and it was pretty great. This hotel is exactly like any Marriott in the states except you pay in pesos.
Things I liked: Clean, safe, free parking, 24 hour coffee available, walking distance to beach and marina, much cheaper than the beach front resorts. Also a small workout room!

Things that could have been better: Breakfast is included, but not a full breakfast as they claim. Expect croissants, toast, cereal, yogurt, some fruit...and then they have scrambled eggs and some terrible bean casserole thing. But since I like coffee and toast, it was pretty good. Pool was closed for about 24 hours right in the middle of our trip, which was kind of annoying.

All in all, if you are looking for an affordable but reliable place to stay, this is a great option.

Room Tip: The hotel has a "beach club" for an extra fee. I did not try it, but if your looking for a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your experience about your stay at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott Los Cabos. thanks for the comment that help us to provide good service ,Please know that it is a pleasure to offer you the best service to make you feel welcome. We hope to have the opportunity to host you once again and thank you for choosing us.