“It's all about the slide!”

The Ridge at Playa Grande
Ranked #18 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Used our timeshare that we bought on our last trip 2 years ago and stayed at the Ridge last week. After having read all the reviews about which building to avoid due to noise, I forgot about asking for a particular building when I went to check in. Was given the 3rd floor in Building B, which I believed people had said to avoid. However, during the week, I briefly noticed some loud music only once and my wife noticed it one other time. It didn't affect my sleep. Our 1 bedroom unit had a king bed, a full murphy bed and a single murphy bed.

I picked the Ridge over Playa Grande because I thought my kids (9 & 6) would prefer to have the slide, which they did. For added fun, make sure to take or buy a tube (not too big or it won't fit) or other floating device. Kids couldn't get enough of the slide. It seemed that the whole resort wasn't very crowded. We would usually get to the pool by 10 and there would hardly be anybody there (Playa Grande, on the hand, is a whole different story). It seemed people would show up around noon. We ate by the pool a few times and took advantage of the 2 for 1 California rolls which started at noon.

The location of the Ridge is great since you could go through the back gate to the marina after 12 pm. It's too bad that they don't unlock the back gate before noon. Still, we did go into town a couple times going through Playa Grande. It wasn't too bad.

Overall it was a great experience with the exception of one incident. When I tried to make a collect call to my credit card company, I was assured by the operator that my credit card would not be charged. I found out later that the company had charged $49. It turns out a lot of people had been overcharged by the same company. Hopefully the charge won't post after disputing the charge with Chase.

Lastly, the internet was extremely slow in the room though it did work better at the Ridge pool and Playa Grande pools. At least it was free for owners. I would definitely come back again and again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear JARPOh,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

There are newer reviews for The Ridge at Playa Grande

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We've been going to Playa Grande for 7 years running and we wouldn't go anywhere else!!! The staff from the bellmen to the restaurant to the spa are all very friendly and engaging. It's especially nice to see familiar faces each year we return!
Teofilo on the Ridge has been a family favorite for the past few years! He is incredibly attentive and really cares about making our stay enjoyable. He has a great smile and is very engaging. We made sure we were in his section as often as possible!
This past trip my sister and I were completely blown away by Elizabeth at the spa-- she wasn't either of our masseuse but she made sure we had water, a warm wrap for our necks and even put cucumbers and cold wash cloths on our faces after our massages which by then the spa was all ready to close for the night but she made sure we were fully taken care of.
Our only complaint about the spa was that the rooms (both my sister's and mine) were pretty chilly. My mom had a phenomenal facial with Enedina and my dad claims his massage from Lucia was the best he's ever had.
Brenda kept our room immaculately clean, happy to provide us with any extra amenities we needed!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Molly L,
Your comments will share with pleasure with the people you mentioned in your review.
Cordially

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The Ridge at Playa Grande is beautiful, peaceful, and is made even more fun because of the terrific attentive and friendly staff. Their attitude helps make all the guests interact and laugh! They were happy to prepare meals off the menu, and drinks were terrific! A beautiful view of the ocean AND the harbor with city lights. Does not get better than that in Cabo!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyByTheSea22
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear HappyByTheSea22,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that our property offers a Great location and our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We have stayed At Playa Grande every year for the last 6 years. This was the best trip. Internet in room. Close walk to town. Great room service. fast check in and check out. It was only 68 degree for our stay but that was not the normal.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Dear Mebroker
Thank you very much for this review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to your next visit
Cordially

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We just recently returned from our 8 day stay at The Ridge and it was excellent. We have traveled to Cabo many times and we decided to upgrade to the Presidential Suite which had a wraparound balcony with breathtaking views of the Marina and Cabo. I highly recommend this room, it’s absolutely amazing!

This was my first time staying at The Ridge; however I have stayed at Playa Grande a few other times. Each visit I have had to Playa Grande has been very pleasurable. I think what I enjoy most about this resort is the friendly staff and how beautiful the resort is. Each time I have returned throughout the last 4 years I have seen familiar faces who greeted me with big smiles and hugs! I’d like to individually recognize Alejandro and Daniel for their outstanding customer service and willingness to go above and beyond, Playa Grande is very lucky to have you two!

The pool at The Ridge is simply amazing! I really enjoyed the fact that they had a children’s pool as well as a 21+ pool for adults only! A big shout out to Fernando for all his great service and for introducing us to their special cucumber, coconut and rum drink, it was delicious!

I would have to say the only downfall to this resort is the location is a little out of the way so we did spend a lot of time walking or had to get cab’s. I'd also like to mention we that we could hear the music from the clubs every night in our room even with all the doors closed. Although it didn't bother us, I can imagine it would others and I would recommend requesting a room that doesn't face the Marina or Downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear ChelleB17,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

We just returned last night from our first ever trip to Cabo. The stay at playa grande was excellent. Our one bedroom suite at the ridge was beautiful. The staff was excellent. The food and drinks were great! Drinks were not watered down and the food was delicious. I love that it was private and not packed with people. I can not say enough about this place. I have never had such great service from friendly people. The staff at the Calima Restaurant are beyond superb. The food was delicious and they remembered us each time we came. I left feeling like we were leaving friends. The spa is amazing like none other I have seen, it was nice to spend our last afternoon in cabo getting side by side massages right on the beach! We will be back, and will be bringing friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dusty G

Dear Dusty G,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time from check in to check out and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay.
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had a timeshare at this resort for 4 years. It is private (takes 3 elevators to get up there). Infinity pools with a view of the ocean and the marina. It is exclusive and there aren't too many kids. Very comfortable rooms and great service. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Alene,