“DO NOT GET RIDGE FLOOR 3017 LEVEL”

The Ridge at Playa Grande
Ranked #20 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Newberg, OR
“DO NOT GET RIDGE FLOOR 3017 LEVEL”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you really like listening to really loud music then this floor is for you. Our room was 3017 and the music, even with your door shut and pillow over your head. Cabo has this new thing where the local bars have a contest on how loud they can play their music. It is very loud and usually last til 5 am. Do not even bother complaining to the hotel because they do not really care. We had 6 couples in 6 different rooms on that same floor and woke everyone of us up. Great hotel, but just be aware of the Marina low level side. I would advise management to call the Mayor and make a formal complaint.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank ShayN
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear ShayN,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write your experiences regarding your recent stay. Our guests’ comments give us important feedback on our performance and provide us with great ideas on how to improve our service.
Please accept my most sincere apologies for your experiences with us here in our hotel. I am very sorry about the noise issues you have experienced.
Thank you again for you valuable remarks and we hope to welcome you back in a not too distant future.
Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Our room was in Building A which had a side view of the ocean and balcony view of the marina and we loved it! Paula, the chief concierge, was very helpful with selecting our room and we greatly appreciate her assistance. We bought the all-inclusive package so never used our kitchen in the room but it looked nice. The one bedroom unit was large with 2 full bathrooms. It was great for the four of us staying there. The waterslide pool at the Ridge is great for both the kids and adults. The infinity pool is gorgeous and so very, very relaxing. The same goes for the hot tub. It was great to sit in it in the evening and look at the stars! The servers at the pool were hustling around helping everyone and always with a smile on their faces.

It was nice to have the VIP access to the Ridge because you can have the best of both worlds. If you stay below in Playa Grande, you aren't allowed up to the Ridge area. Some people complain about the walking but we're middle aged and didn't have any issues with it. Internet is included with the all-inclusive package which was a nice extra. I knew about all the ins & outs before going to Cabo because I do my research which isn't difficult if you read TripAdvisor! People who don't research have no place to complain, but as my husband says 'you can't please the un-pleaseable'. We absolutely loved Playa Grande and the Ridge and can't wait to return!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear GoffyRose,
Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am glad you enjoyed the all inclusive option as well as the room location.
Your comments will share with pleasure with Paula who I’m sure will be happy to know that you remember her.
Thank you again for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
We look forward to having you back at the resort again in the not too distant future.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have stayed the Playa Grande twice previously. We decided to splurge and try the Ridge. It was not worth the extra cost. From reading the website and even my email confirmation, I thought that internet wi-fi and the fitness center were included but they were not. The front desk was not very sympathetic or accommodating on this issue. This upset me.

The rooms were identical to the Playa Grande - maybe a little bit newer. However, at the Ridge, we expected a great view. We were assigned a room on the ground floor with a room of the Marina parking lot - worse then our Playa Grande view of the pools. This upset my wife. I asked to switch to Playa Grande to save the extra money but the front desk indicated they would switch me but they would not refund the difference in price. Again, not very nice in communicating this and frankly poor customer service. After a bit of complaining, they found a room with better location/view but the catch was we had to switch rooms (at least it was only door) partway through our stay. This was inconvenient but at least made my wife happy.

Every night around 10pm we could hear dance music that kept us up. Not sure if it was from a booze cruise or the resort.

The family pool at The Ridge was nice but they seemed to let anyone use - not just families staying at The Ridge. I was a bit disappointed that there were more smokers at the family pool than the Adults Only pool. (I'd suggest making the Family Pool no smoking) Plus, there was no hot tub that the kids could use - they were all Adult Only.

Our package included "All-American" breakfast and there was confusion at the restaurant on this. After it was straightened out, the breakfast was wonderful. By the end of our stay, some of the wait staff knew us and were AMAZING withour kids.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DJ R
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear DJR
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I do want to ensure you that all your comments will be follow up to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.
Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your stay with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future.
Federal Way, Washington, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We were on a company paid trip, which makes me happy because if it was my own money we would have checked out upon checking in. I read all the Trip Advisor reviews prior to arriving and did as most suggested, asked for floor three or higher and not the Ridge. They said there was no rooms available to change...didn't put up much of a fight upon checking in because I knew nothing about this property. As we headed to our room, aka the catacombs, it took us miles of walking and 3 elevators to get to our outpost. We are near nothing, absolutely nothing!

Our room overlooks the bus depot and they run each morning into early evening about 8 - 10 buses an hour perhaps. This is a working neighborhood which is fine. We were told to show our room key to get a towel for the pool closest to us which just an uphill hike and only 2 elevators away. Apparently we have to make the trek back to the main lobby and get a special card for pool towels, the room key and plastic wrist band are not proof enough. We did take about an hour to hike over to the lobby this morning to get water for our room, but didn't know about the pool towel card at that time. We are literally in what looks like a bevy of halls that are similar to the catacombs, it was a little frightening at first, especially coming in from dinner at night. There are no signs in the hallway pointing you the best way to get anywhere, you just walk out your door and hope your heading in the right direction with the shortest path possible. I feel like tying some sheets together and climbing down from the deck to the street to catch a bus into town tonight, I am not exaggerating on how convoluted the hallways and internal mini streets are.

There are carts that can pick you up and take you near to the lobby, but not the lobby itself, no one told us this until a day in to our stay. We did take the cart back to our 'area' but I could not tell where we are suppose to get it as the cart guy saw we were lost carrying jugs of water...nice guy. Still don't know the stops it makes and where we can pick it up.

The employees are absolutely wonderful!

On the all inclusive feature, if you are poolside, you must wait for them to come and bring you your beverage...my husband waited for awhile and finally went up and asked for a beer at the bar - the sun was hot and he was thirsty. You must pay for your drink if you approach the bar, so all inclusive is on there time not yours. He was fine with paying to get it now.

Our deck was massive, our room at The Ridge was absolutely beautiful...but no thanks in the future...Also, we may be close to the beach but I sure haven't seen it yet on day 3.

I'm not going out of my way to sound bitter, I just would forego buying new stylish sandals for some solid walking shoes. Again, each and every employee is absolutely spectacular. What is that saying....location location location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank BoatingVacay
Dear Christine,
I was so sorry to learn about your unsatisfactory experience at the resort. Your experience was not at the level we are known for and we are looking into all of the areas you have mentioned.
Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future.
Quincy, California, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We just returned from our annual trip to The Ridge at Playa Grande. It was a perfect two weeks in Cabo. The best weather so far. Our room, one of the best on The Ridge, was great as usual. The only improvement could be a new mattress. It starting to sage.

The staff of the Playa Grande-The RIdge has also treated us like family. That's why we return every year. Its like coming home. The bellmen are also polite and helpful. Luis and Daniel remember us year to year and their service is exceptional! The front desk clerks are all great. Two that come to mind are Christian and Dana. All who worked from the 9th to the 23rd were so helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Now the crew at The Ridge. Our room is always handled by professionals. We tip our housekeeper daily, as every guest should. We have never been disappointed in the cleanliness and little extras they provide for us. The waiters around the restaurant and pool would always be welcome as a guest at our house. They are warm and friendly and we so appreciate the service they provide to us. We have enjoy them all. Raciel, Flavio, Teofilo, Ismael, Luis Fernando, Armando and especially Juan!

A special thanks to Ana Laura for resolving an issue with the meal plan.

A few things that need attention and improvement:

Stop the barking dogs which are kenneled across from the naval station. The on going barking is so annoying!

Its time to replace the lounge chair cushions around the Ridge pool.

The last thing is to address the sea gulls at the resort.

See you in February 2015

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Keri,
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
Best Regards,
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This was our family's 4th trip to the end Presidential Suite on the Ridge. We can not imagine a better room or a better location. The spectacular views of the marina, the Sea of Cortez,and the Pacific are unbeatable. The convenience of being able to walk into the marina at any time make all the difference to our family of widely varying ages. Whale watching at the endless pool is a daily experience we pine for when we get home. But what make the visit the very best is the wonderful concierge service we get from Aldo and from the rest of the Ridge staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Love2Leave
Dear Love2Leave
Thank you for your accomplishments. I agree with you, our resort has an amazing location, that allow to discover Cabo in all its different faces.
We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please come back soon to give us an opportunity to pamper you!
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have a Presidential Penthouse on the Ridge and for the past 2-3 years my frustration level has increased to a point where I'm not sure its worth it to go anymore. The problem is a dog kennel that is across the street from the Naval station and right outside my unit. The constant barking effects our sleep and makes it impossible to enjoy the fantastic wrap around deck with great views. I have tried talking to the management, but nothing can get done. With many other location options, I'm amazed the city government would allow this to continue on this site. So close to the marina and right next door to supposedly a 5 star resort. Things are "not" wonderful on the Ridge. Make sure you avoid these rooms when booking or you too will be very "frustrated" with the noise...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends