“Local secret for the Best tacos”
Review of La Taquiza

La Taquiza
Ranked #43 of 615 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Acerca del TacoHistoria de La TaquizaAcerca del Taco:El Taco tiene su hogar en Mexico. Forma parte primordial y a nivel mundial es reconocido en nuestra gastronomia mexicana. Tiene sus origenes desde antes de la llegada de los conquistadores y aunque es dificil precisar una fecha, podemos presumir que a la llegada de los conquistadores, estos disfrutaron de la primera Taquiza de la que el Nuevo Mundo tenga memoria.Hoy en dia cada mexicano puede enorgullecerse de haber probado, al menos una vez en su vida el platillo mas versatil, sencillo y delicioso, reconocido como figura principal de una tierra distinguida por su gastronomia. Dado que en Mexico es el corazon de la tortilla de maiz con un consumo promedio diario de 300 gramos por persona, 65 millones de piezas diarias se destinan a la elaboracion de tacos y tostadas. Asi la variedad de los tacos es tan inmensa hasta en cada uno de los estados de nuestra Republica Mexicana con sus sabores particulares y representativos de la entidad. El taco, no solo fue un elemento de la dieta diaria de gobernantes y plebeyos, es un legado de alimentacion prehispanica que ha permanecido hasta nuestros dias y que no solo es de gran valor en la dieta del mexicano sino que asombra y agrada a paladares extranjeros.
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The bar manager at Pueblo Bonito Rose told us about this place. He said it was one of the best "authentic" places to get tacos. He was correct. You won't see very many tourists, probably none. They have those amazing "shaved" meats that have been cooking all day. They are so flavorful and the salsas are so tasty. We highly recommend making a trip or two here while on your vacation!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us by a city resident, who also suggested ordering style "Alambra" which means you assemble the tacos yourself (and get about twice as much). You get the fillings (we loved the "Pastor" - spicy pork "Shepherd style") and 10 corn or flour tacos, plus plenty of different salsas (also with corn taco chips). Fabulous taste and a great price ($70 pesos or about 5 bucks was enough for 2 - drinks extra of course). Best deal we found in Cabo. The open-air shaded patio dining was a little rustic, but fine. Waiters were great - Hector in particular was very attentive and helpful.

Reviewed January 7, 2012

I think we went here three times our last trip to Cabo. I also tried Pepe's Taco stand by the Giggling Marlin and preferred La Taquiza. Every time we went here we were out numbered by the locals. That is what I want. I prefer the authentic experience. I also one of the tortas. La Taquiza has a pretty extensive menu but I stuck with the tacos al pastor. It's a few blocks towards the Mexican side of town. Cheap and delicious.

Reviewed December 25, 2011

We asked several Cabo locals for their recommendations on taco joints. La Taquiza was a popular recommendation. It is apparently known for being a late-night establishment, but we went there for lunch when it was quieter. The tacos al pastor (bbq pork) (14 pesos -- approximately $1.10) were some of the best I have ever had. The tacos are small, but at the price, why not order lots? I ate two as a light lunch, my friend ate four. We both wanted more. The tacos are served with limes, guacamole, three salsas, and a small plate of chips (complimentary). If I were to return to Cabo San Lucas, I would eat here daily. (Also, though the place is far from fancy, the restrooms seemed very clean...a definite plus!)

1  Thank Tenshi20
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is a small taco place full of locals. We were the only non-Mexicans in the place. We had asked the valet at our hotel for his favorite restaurants - where he would go, and this topped the list. We ordered a variety of dishes but the best was the Tacos Al Pastor. The meat is cooked on a spit just outside and shaved off like shwarma. They are so good and cheap. 15 pesos each for tacos. I'm already missing them!

1  Thank LMExplorer