Playa Grande Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$332
$236
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$564
$431
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$468
$429
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$116
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$257
$204
Melia.com
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
$700
$669
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$451
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$389
$327
  • Pool
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$485
$196
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$122
4,112 results
All reviewsbrigantine restaurantmexican fiestaridge poolentertainment stafftime sharetequila volleyballlobby barfiesta nightthe pacific oceanbusiness centerwalking distance to the marinamedano beachwater aerobicskids clubspanish lessonsmurphy bedtowel cards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Wow, we had so much fun last year we decided to come back again this year for our anniversary. We were blown away once again, the thing that makes this resort a notch above the rest, besides the great view, great food, great drinks, beautiful rooms etc. is the staff. Unbelievable service, a smile on everyone's face and a willingness to make sure your trip is perfect seems to be their main goal. And it worked, we came back because of it and will again next year if possible. I wish I could remember everyone's name but hey I have to blame some of that on the tequila. Juan, Armando, Raciel and Flavio at the Ridge pool kept the drinks and fun flowing. Ramon, Karen, Luis and Martin (I don't think he ever went home) did an excellent job down at the Brigatine. Sadly for the Lobby bar I do not remember any of their individual names, that's because we ended up here each night for a night cap or 5. The gentlemen who put on the tequila tasting and his help were very professional and they looked forward to greeting us each night. The rooms were fantastic, not one complaint, everything seemed brand new and worked perfectly, they were also kept spotless by our maid Ceelio.

The food was fantastic, we did the all inclusive for six of the nights, this is a no brainer people if you drink and eat on vacation then take advantage of this, we kept track of all our receipts and we came out way ahead, the all inclusive also includes all the the nightly shows, Internet, gym and tequila tasting. We had sea bass which was amazing almost everyday for lunch.

Speaking of the shows, the entertainment staff does an excellent job here. Roberto is the man, he reminds me of a Mexican Jim Carey, absolutely hilarious, I would not be surprised if he is famous someday. Humberto and the rest deserve credit here as well.

Resort is in the marina so no need to rent a car, can walk or taxi to anywhere. We stayed on the Ridge side which over looked the marina. Wow I could go on forever, made some great friends at Playa Grande this year, email me if you have any questions, Todd. dexter5@charter.net

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dexter5
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Dexter5
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation.
We highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon
Sincerely

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Just returned from two weeks at the Playa Grande. Juan Carlos checked us in and could not have been nicer. German was so helpful in helping us choose between two rooms that we looked at. Humberto on the activity staff was such fun. Jesus the bell hop was helpful and so nice to us all week. The view from our beautiful apartment was beautiful, the pools spectacular. If you want to swim in the ocean then don't stay here, the current is too rough and they don't allow swimming.
But the beach is gorgeous! Restaurant on the beach was delicious and you couldn't ask for a better setting. Easy walking distance to the marina with plenty of restaurant choices and shopping.

Room Tip: Choose a room higher up so you get a good view of the pool and the ocean. If you stay on the ground floor you miss alot! They do have elevators!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Janice K,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that our property offers a Great location and our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Sincerely

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We had a two bedroom suite overlooking the marina. It was fabulous. The ONLY downside to the property is that it is built on a hill; so there is a bit of walking involved to get to/from your room.
The Ridge staff was excellent - a great shout out to Raciel, Juan, Teofilo & Eduardo our bartenders at the pool bar. I had the best massage I have ever experienced in their spa. I highly recommend this property for a destination.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the marina instead of the ocean do not have the noise from people in the pools.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Glenny M

Dear Glenny M,
Thank you very much for such a positive review, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.
We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Cordially

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was my first time in cabo and was the best experience ever!! The staff at playa grande made the experience unforgettable. Tequila volleyball, salsa dancing, pool aerobics , bracelet making, etc. the entertainment staff was so amazing so shoutout to Humberto, Roberto , Luis ,Silvia and one other(I forgot her name). It felt like home because when you participate, they don't forget who you are. Roberto knew me by name and when he saw me he made sure to talk to me and call me by name. Some of the nicest people I have ever met. Overall the staff all across this hotel are very nice and always there when you need anything. Your vacation runs smoothly and relaxing. I recommend staying here! :)

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jordan_cali_girl

Dear Jordan_cali_girl,
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
We look forward to having you back at the resort again in the not too distant future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We have stayed at Playa Grande Resort in Cabo 2 other times. I have always enjoyed this resort more than any I have stayed in. It has lots of activities and wonderful entertainment. The activities staff is so much fun. They are all my friends now and I cannot wait to see them again. Roberto, Sylvia, Humberto, and Luis. I have never had more fun in my life. They are funny, cute and very very friendly. They do a great job and I think they all need a raise. Playa Grande obviously treat there help well because every time I come it is always the same staff. I absolutely love this place. We own at the resort and will never get rid of it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very comfortable. Beds are great
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Robin W

Dear Robin W,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time from check in to check out and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Cordially,