“Cabo”

Playa Grande Resort
Ranked #17 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We have stayed at Playa Grande Resort in Cabo 2 other times. I have always enjoyed this resort more than any I have stayed in. It has lots of activities and wonderful entertainment. The activities staff is so much fun. They are all my friends now and I cannot wait to see them again. Roberto, Sylvia, Humberto, and Luis. I have never had more fun in my life. They are funny, cute and very very friendly. They do a great job and I think they all need a raise. Playa Grande obviously treat there help well because every time I come it is always the same staff. I absolutely love this place. We own at the resort and will never get rid of it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very comfortable. Beds are great
2  Thank Robin W
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Robin W,
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Cordially,

There are newer reviews for Playa Grande Resort

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I bought a Living Social voucher to The Playa Grande and stayed in the main resort (not the ridge). I've stayed in Cabo multiple times, but this was my first time staying at The Playa Grande. I read all these reviews which really helped make my decision easy. Everything was top notch from the service, to the activities to the staff. We were so close to town, I actually ventured in one night for a delicious dinner at Mi Casa. All my meals at Playa Grande were good, however, I am gluten free, so it was difficult since gluten allergy is not as well known in Mexico. Ernesto at Calima took such great care of me and made me a special Filet Mignon one night. Another night I had filet at Puerto San Lucas and it was terrible. The worst cut of meat I've ever had. But Calima and The Brigantine were wonderful. I did water aerobics everyday. I have to give a special shout out to Marobie, Luis and Umberto who made every activity fun! Also Roberto was fabulous hosting all the evening entertainment. And I had the best massage of my life! Run, don't walk, to the spa and get the signature massage from Livir!! Absolutely divine!

Room Tip: All the rooms face the pool/ocean in the main resort. I don't think there's a bad spot, but...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Loralei215

Dear Loralei215
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Playa Grande was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.
We are looking forward to having you as our guests again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Enjoyed my time here. Pretty quick walk to the Marina and DT (15 minutes). Much longer walk to Medano but you could always grab a $3 water taxi from the marina. Beautiful pool area. Nice having an adult only area. We had a studio and it was a lovely big room with a small kitchen which is great! Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor - if you are too low your view could be impaired by the restaurant/pool/walkw...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Christine N
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Cee N,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that our property offers a Great location and our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had a terrific time at the Playa Grande. The people are fantastic and extremely helpful. Julio Cesar at the pool is the best!!!! The girls in Activities are unbelievable especially Christina and Miriam, even though it was their final week here. These two young ladies do a wonderful job of entertaining people and real joy to be around. They will be greatly missed!!!!! While there our friends experienced some misfortune with an accident and Adrian (Manager on Duty) was very helpful and much appreciated. Of course, my favorite is Dulce in the lobby working with the presentation personnel. She has been there a long time and always has a big smile for us. Thank you to all for making our trip special.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jimbab66,
What a delightful review to read. Thank you so much for sharing such lovely comments. Our staff do indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and really look forward to keep welcoming you for many years to come. Best wishes from all of us here at Playa Grande.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We wanted to say thank you to our friends at the Ridge! We have an excellent time every year & this year was no exception!
Thank you to our special friends who take such good care of us day in and out.

The new Ridge manager Teofilo, our long time friends Flavio, Raciel, and Luis Fernando.
Thanks! to Eduardo & Tehua. Tambien!
This has been my home every Spring since 1997! We were even married at Playa Grande. We love our time at the Ridge at Playa Grand. We love seeing the same faces each year!

Room Tip: Talk to Bell boys, there are very helpful!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Dshakar,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time from check in to check out and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay.
Your comments will share with pleasure with the people you mentioned in your review.
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Cordially

Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was our second trip back to Playa Grande. We have 2 kids (7&9) and this is the perfect place for them. We did all inclusive and the kids really enjoyed all the evening dinner shows, my daughter loved the entertainment staff! We took the kids a few times to the Kid's Club and Mayra was amazing with them, even gave them a special treat on our last day. The food, drinks and all the staff were wonderful our entire stay. We especially loved Ramone, he greeted us every morning at breakfast an knew just what we wanted. We love how the beach is secluded and can take relaxing walks each day but are just a short 5 min walk to the marina and flee market. Our family will be back!

Dear Blacksheeplover,
We are completely honored to read that second visit to Playa Grande was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service.
We are looking forward to having you as our guests again soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

Our stay at the Playa Grande Resort in Cabo San Lucas was nothing short of exceptional. The service was above and beyond expectation. The night before we were to leave for home, we had an illness requiring medication, which we wanted to get prior to departure for home. We spoke with the night Manager to see if he knew what pharmacies were open all hours (this was after 11pm at night) so we could call a taxi to go get it. He tried many times to call the pharmacy he believed to be open but no answer. So what he said, was that he was going off shift at midnight. He would drive to the pharmacy, and call us if they had what we needed. He not only did that, but purchased the medication from his own money, (which we of course reimbursed him for) returned to the hotel and gave it to us immediately! We will be back again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 204Darryl

Dear 204Darryl,
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
We look forward to having you back at the resort again in the not too distant future.