As I spend my last night at Playa Grande, I must give big applause to the hotel and it's staff. From the check in till now, my 6th night, I have nothing but compliments.
It was a pleasant surprise for me to receive free wi fi as Expedia Elite Plus member upon checking in.
The property is immaculately maintained.
Never once I was approached by a timeshare person.
Had to pick up our tower cards from one of the ladies in the lobby. When informed the lady how tired we were from our journey, she promptly gave us tower cards with a smile. I believe that she is what others refer to as a scary timeshare salesman.
Attended two nightly functions. Mexican Fiesta and Beach party. Abundance of food and great waiter service. Roberto, the MC is a riot. His crew of entertainers were awesome. Hilarious and funny. Laughed away my stresses from back home.
Location is great. Walking distance to the Marina. Marina is pretty and clean.
Rented a small sedan near Marina. On my second day, I got tired of walking and walked into an Alamo rental car place. Rented a car for $65 a day including all taxes and required insurance. The manager at Alamo told me to just drop off the car when done at a desk in lobby at Playa Grande. Kept the car for 4 days and was very easy process for both pick up and drop off. The property has an indoor parking right by the lobby entrance which is another plus.
One bedroom suite is spacious and overlooks the pool and ocean. Great balcony too.
Overall, very satisfying stay with Playa Grande. Too bad I have to return tomorrow and face reality again.
Great place for family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos