“Wonderful Vacation”

Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Noblesville, Indiana
“Wonderful Vacation”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

No way I can name every one who helped make this vacation a wonderful expericence, but here are afew: Humberton, Miriam, Luis, Roberto and Cristina had me looking forward to each day at the pool with their fun activites. Galo and Luis took care of all our baggage and grocery deliveries to and from our rooms ensuring everything was where it was suppose to be, thus no worries on my end. Adrianne had us all taken care of at the front desk, and was a plesure to work with. Playa Grande is just a wondeful and beautiful resort; one I am sure to return to in the near future. Thank you to everyone there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Rhonda,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time from check in to check out and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Will be a pleasure to serve you again
Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,196)
  • Turkish first
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We absolutely love Playa Grande. The grounds are beautiful, the beach is gorgeous and the staff goes above and beyond to make your stay relaxing. One person in particular who was most helpful was Erika Rivera Aja, Customer Service Manager. We would highly recommend Playa Grande.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary Jo S
Dear Mary Jo S
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Your comments will share with pleasure with Erika who I’m sure will be happy to know that you remember her.
We look forward to hosting you again.
Cordially
Jasper, Indiana
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I am NOT a vacation person. My idea of a vacation is for everyone in the family to leave and let me work! That said, at a charity auction, my wife purchased a week at the Playa Grande Resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I dreaded the thought of going, but once there, I 'settled in' to the laid back routine and had a great time. I especially liked ALL of the customer service. That staff, particularly Marco Hernandez in the Spa, provide. They know how to care for their guests and in an unobtrusive way. They never seem patronizing or condescending or as if their concerns are obligatory, but they do seem genuine, and at times, you don't even realize they've clerared your table until after it's been done. All in all, it was GREAT to do nothing, lounge around, bag some rays, dine, and just "be" in a great locale with great food and wonderful service. I actually want to go back next year, and that's a statement and testamonial coming from a man who has only taken two vacations in the past 15 years!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Michael A Jones
My entire team and I are delighted to receive your glowing review and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests and their experiences here at Playa Grande. Every detail is taken care of with great passion and enthusiasm, so we can provide the best luxury quality services at all times.
Please come back and visit again soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My mom and I had purchased a Living Social deal for the neighboring Solmar All Inclusive Resort, but when we arrived, they said they were overbooked and made arrangements for us to move to Playa Grande.

PG was absolutely beautiful -- the pools were amazing, and we were booked into a one-room suite with 1.75 baths and a huge balcony. Because we had booked all-inclusive, this was honored at PG as well. Great meals, free drinks, etc.

I would highly recommend the spa. Two large "jacuzzis", nice steam room, and very attentive staff. Israel especially was helpful. He learned that my mom and I were on vacation celebrating my birthday, and he arranged for a slice of cake and two flutes of sparkling wine to be waiting for us after my massage.

FYI - I did also get a facial at the Solmar All Inclusive. The setting is neat because it's a cabana on the beach. However, I think the prices are way too high for what you get. If you're going to do something, do it at PG so you can take advantage of the spa amenities.

Room Tip: It looks like all rooms face the ocean and pool, which is nice. They do have theme nights which can...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lacey L
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Lacey L
Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I´m glad you enjoyed your complementary upgrade as well our spa
Our goal is to provide every guest a beautiful and memorable vacation throughout great service and devotion towards our guests.
I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in a near future
Cordially,.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have been an owner at Playa Grande for 10 years. I continue to be impressed with how the property is maintained, how well run the resort is and the quality of the staff. The activities staff are especially good. Roberto is in charge of this & he delivers quality entertainment at night--plus a great array of daytime offerings. The water aerobics instructors do a great job of classes. Especially Luis & Humberto. They both have good English and are outstanding at interacting in a very appropriate manner with guests of all ages.

There is good selection of food as well. Playa is very close to town so for the resort to be able to attract folks to their restaurants and activities, it has to be good. Thanks for another great vacation!

Room Tip: My room faces the main pools & is on the ground floor. It has a nice overhang to shield me from...
Dear LibraryChris,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon
Cordially
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I arrived Feb. 16 and reluctantly left on the 23rd with plans to return again this year. The staff personifies EXCELLENCE. The amenities and accommodations are impeccable. The location is so peaceful and the views are like paintings in a museum. . THE SPA! Well it was the best money I have ever spent. I pampered myself with 6 days of spa treatment and looked and felt 20 years younger-Mission accomplished. The Entertainment at night was excellent and as an Entertainer myself I found the troupe of talent amazing. The MC/Entertainer was so charming, witting and spontaneous I just wanted to bring him back to the U.S. to showcase him. Don't go however expecting great WI-FI connectivity from your room. We found the best place for reception was the bar located in the reception area and I think they know that since it is a very cozy bar where you can also kick back and we on your smart phone or Ipad and stay connected. I went for the R&R and was not disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Pilar O,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay
We look forward to hosting you again…
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at Playa Grande the first week of March, for my third time! I absolutely love this place! There are plenty of activities should you wish to participate. And there are plenty of places in which to get away from the activities, if that is your desire. The entertainment director, Roberto, is a very gifted and talented entertainer. He is truly a people person and really cares about his guests. The entire entertainment staff is great!
I love the location, as it is perfect for walks on the beach or whale-watching. It is also conveniently located to downtown Cabo, a nice walk to restaurants, bars and shopping.
The resort is very well maintained, the staff is more than willing to assist when needed, and the food at the restaurants is amazing!
I've had three great vacations at Playa Grande and plan to return!

1 Thank MinnesotaGirl822
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear MinnesotaGirl882,
We are completely honored to read that thirdvisit to Playa Grande was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.
We are looking forward to having you as our guests again and make every effort to exceed your expectations.