We were very generously invited to stay at Playa Grande by my Father-in-Law in celebration of his 70th birthday. He made all of the arrangements so I can't speak to the booking process.
Check-in was quick and easy. We were 4 sub-family units making up the entire group and we ended up in rooms 2422, 2423, 2424, and 2425. Each of these rooms overlooks the pools and Calima restaurant with a partial ocean view from the balcony. The other side is a great view of the beach and a neighbouring resort.
The rooms were quite large with a separate bedroom, then a living space and a kitchen and dining table. All rooms were very clean and immaculately maintained.
As for the food, we did eat at a couple onsite and offsite restaurants, but those have all been reviewed under separate cover. We did order room service a couple of times and found the food to be reasonably priced with quality preparation and fast delivery.
This was my first time to Cabo and will most certainly not be my last. Playa Grande is the perfect home base for exploring the Marina and the neighbourhoods around the marina. We even walked over to Moreno Beach just by following the marina all the way around. There are literally dozens of locals that will approach you about their wares or excursions, but at no point did any of us feel threatened or unsafe. It was like they used humour to catch your attention and stand out.
We did use the facilities at The Ridge every day and although, technically, you are supposed to have a separate card, they did not try to keep us out. They still let us charge our drinks and snacks by the pool so it seems that they expect you to make your way up there if you want to. We took full advantage of the water slide and whirlpool!
Overall an amazing trip of a lifetime, mostly due to the company, but having the Playa Grande as our setting made our experience even better.
I will return to Cabo and will stay at Playa Grande again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos