Always made to feel very comfortable here. The service is incredible at all levels-check in, concierge, around the pool, in the rooms and at the restaurants. If you're very fortunate you may be greeted be Chuey or Jesus but everyone is great and will make you feel welcome. We especially like that it is a great location and feels removed from the hustle and bustle of Cabo (the access road dead ends at Grand Solmar which is part of the same group) but it's only a 10-15 minute walk into town. The long sandy beach extends in front of the resort and the Pacific Ocean is on your doorstep (we always see migrating whales in December) - but do NOT swim here the undertow is ferocious and there are many warning signs-instead swim in one of the many pools or wander to the marina at the bottom of the hill and take a $2 water taxi to Medano Beach. If you want more peace and quiet than Medano go up the coast to Chileno. The resort is very well maintained and has a 'magnificent' grand entrance then you descend into the open space which opens before you. The theme nights may seem a little contrived but some are in fact a lot of fun and excellent value. Our favourites are Mexican Night, Beach Party and Italian Night-and trust us we are both mature adults who travel extensively. We usually book two weeks and spend many nights discovering the restaurants in town so our preference is to not be 'tied' to the resort but if that is your preference they have some good dining packages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos