Playa Grande Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
Excellent 5/5
Excellent 5/5
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
Very Good 4/5
Viva Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
Siesta Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
4,112 results
All reviewsbrigantine restaurantmexican fiestaridge poolentertainment stafftime sharetequila volleyballlobby barfiesta nightthe pacific oceanbusiness centerwalking distance to the marinamedano beachwater aerobicskids clubspanish lessonsmurphy bedtowel cards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great job Cristina, Luis, Miriam and Hector. We had a great week!! The pool area was always busy with activities. They kept the pace going all week. I learned Salsa dancing and played volleyball in the pool. The meals here were very good and well prepared. It is a short walk to town from the Playa.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Staci,
We are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit. As you mentioned, our entertainment staff kept the pool area busy with activities. I´m glad to hear that you enjoyed our peaceful atmosphere.
I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon.
Warm Regards.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My whole family has been going to Cabo for the past 20 years, with a timeshare at the Solmar hotel. My parents are the owners of the timeshare and they traded to the Playa Grande this year when offered extra upgrades. We all (8 of us ranging from ages 2-57 years old) stayed for the first time at the Playa Grande in October and we had an amazing time! We decided to go all-inclusive which was WELL worth it if you like your cocktails by the pool & yummy food as often as you'd like.
I have to give a shout out to all of the entertainment staff, specifically Christina, Roberto, Rodrigo & Miriam. They were awesome & made sure that everyone was always having fun! My 2 year old son became very fond of Christina & we started calling her his girlfriend for the week :) The entertainment at the beach party dinner was fantastic...I won the limbo competition so I got to take home a lovely bottle of Tequila! Make sure you stretch before you go! haha The mexican fiesta was also equally great.
We stayed at the Ridge section of the hotel which was awesome & I highly recommend it. The views from the balcony overlook the marina & are BEAUTIFUL at night!!! (We were the 3rd floor) The one & only bummer was that the water slide/kid pool at the Ridge was closed for maintenance the week we were there (which we weren't told ahead of time) so we had to go to the main pools everyday....we didn't end up minding because it was always so much fun!
My husband & I would occasionally go to the adult only Ridge pool if my son was napping & someone else was staying in the room with him. We have to give another shout out to Luis Fernando who always made sure to take care of us...the second our drink was empty he would be there with a smile on his face!

Hotel management- I hope you make sure to keep Luis Fernando, Christina, Roberto, Rodrigo & Miriam on your staff for as long as they want to be there because these type of people are the reasons why everyone has such an amazing experience!!! Can't wait until our next trip back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Blake W
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Blake
Hi. Thanks so much for your comments. It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love reading the experiences of our guests, and yours is no exception.
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Your comments will share with pleasure with the people you mentioned in your review.
We cannot wait for your next visit.
Cordially

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I loved this resort.

I'll list the only 2 negatives, which did not deter me from giving 5 stars:
1) way overpriced internet. there are plenty of places near by on the marina that offer free wifi
2) saw several cockroaches down by the regular pools. can't fault the resort for this, only saw them outside, not inside. did not see any up on the ridge

Everything else was wonderful. Our room up on the ridge was top notch with wall to wall marble, 2 balconies, and a full kitchen. The balcony provided an amazing view of the sunrise, the marina, medano beach, and downtown Cabo. The infinity pools on the ridge provided an excellent view of the pacific ocean, the mountains, and the sunset. The best of both worlds. Staying on the ridge also gives you a shortcut straight in to the marina, saves a lot of walking if you plan to leave the resort a lot. ASK FOR A ROOM ON THE RIDGE!

The only time we ate at the resort was for Mexican fiesta night, which everyone else here recommended. It was $40/person and absolutely worth the price. All you can eat/drink (including alchohol) and a wonderful and hilarious entertainment staff. The more you participate, the more you have fun.

We spent every night walking around and exploring downtown Cabo and the Marina, trying new restaurants every day. We felt completely safe the entire time.

One restaurant I have to HIGHLY recommend is called "Las Guacamayas". Not only was it the best food we had all week, it was the cheapest!! I would say, as a rule of thumb, avoid any place that lists there prices only in USD. The places that list their prices in pesos or pesos and dollars are usually better and less touristy.

Other good places: Mi Casa (only place we went all week that had a wait time), Romeo y Julietta, Captain Tony's.

Side notes:

1) if you're going to do a timeshare presentation, HAGGLE! Make sure you get at least 300-400 worth of stuff because they people that sign you up make 600-800$ per couple they send to a presentation

2) almost everything there is negotiable. When buying souvenirs and/or activities, always shop around and haggle. your best tactic is saying no and that you want to keep looking, I guarantee you they will keep lowering the prices

3) as far as exchanging dollars for pesos, just do it at the resort. When we went, the official exchange rate was 13 pesos to 1 dollar. the resort was exchanging at a rate of 12.5 to 1, which was the best we could find, and we checked several nearby banks and currency exchanges. to save yourself money, keep both pesos and dollars on you and use them to your advantage. everyone charges at a different rate. if your rate was 12.5, and the place you are shopping/eating has a rate of 13, pay in USD (you effectively gain .5 pesos per dollar). If the place you are eating/shopping has a rate of 12 to 1, pay in pesos, etc

4) bring or exchange for lots of small bills. everyone expects a tip for everything

Room Tip: Highly recommend the ridge, room 3343
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank eric d
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Eric
We are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit; I am glad that you enjoyed our Mexican Fiesta. I agree that our property offers a Great location and the infinity pools on the ridge provided an excellent view of the pacific ocean, the mountains, and the sunset.
We appreciate your feedback regarding the internet.
Come back anytime to visit us. We will be very pleased to serve you again.
Best Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2013

In almost every way, this is a great vacation property. The location is awesome--away from the hustle of Cabo San Lucas yet close enough to the marina and very walkable. The pools are lovely and the views of the Pacific Ocean outstanding. It really is just a wonderful place to stay although there are 2 negatives that impact guest satisfaction: 1) The timeshare "ladies" in the lobby are overly aggressive and annoyingly persistent. Guests should not be pursued every time they walk through the lobby. 2) Internet access is grossly overpriced. When traveling internationally, internet access has become a lifeline and no longer a luxury. The prices charged @ Playa Grande feel like gouging--more reasonable fees or much better free wifi as provided at other resorts would go a long way toward earning guest loyalty.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mitravel206

Dear Mitravel206,
Thank you so much for posting a review, I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.We appreciate your feedback regarding the Hostess & the internet connection; the team is constantly tweaking our service in order to improve and your opinion help us.
We hope you give us an opportunity to serve you in a future.
Sincerely

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We just spent a week at Playa Grande Resort. We stayed with some friends that own a timeshare there. We had an absolutely wonderful time. The best part about the entire trip was the hospitality we received from the Employees. We especially want to than the entertainment crew. Roberto, Rodrigo, Christina and Miriam. The are the BEST!! They made the entire trip worthwhile. They knew my wife and I on a first name basis. This really made us feel special. You better hang on to those guys. They make your place stand out above the rest of the resorts. We will be back just because of them.

Mark and Roxy from California

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarkRoxanneHodges

Dear Marc & Roxy,
We are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit; I am glad that you enjoyed our services.
I will make sure that your feedback is shared with the rest of the team especially with Roberto, Rodrigo, Christina and Miriam.
Come back anytime to visit us. We will be very pleased to serve you again.
Cordially