Positives: Resort is beautiful and the grounds and the rooms are very nice and well kept. Front desk reception and bell staff was very helpful. We had a problem with our safe a couple of times and the came right away with no problems. They have a lot of pools and a couple of hot tubs. The recreation staff was great (Tequilla volleyball was the best). It is totally "in"! Mirium! The beach party night with the rock and roll band was a good time. The buffet at the Beach part was decent and the entertainment with Roberto leading the charge was awesome. He is so funny and engaging!
Negatives: While there were many pools they were not as clean as they could be as there was a lot of missing tiles and algae in between the small tiles. The pool bar also closed very early and everyone out of the pool and hot tub by 9:00 p.m. The whole resort was basically a ghost town after 9:00 p.m. Even the nightly parties and entertainment ended exactly at 9:00 p.m. Also, everything was extra (wifi, fitness club, even miniature golf ($12 per round) and no one was on the course, really!! I saw two people playing the entire week. Food and drinks pricey! The drinks at the pool were okay (definitely not top shelf, but there was happy hour 2-4 every day which was 2 for 1.
Overall: The beach was very nice, but as you might have read in other reviews, you cannot swim. While a very nice resort, the staff is very reserved and they do not go out of their way (like other resorts) to make the guests feel real special. (The recreation staff were good!) However, if you love laying by the pool or beach, having a cocktail and reading a book (this is your place)! And, lets not forget the weather, not a cloud in the sky and no rain. We also did not experience any time sharing pressure by the staff. We were very clear when we checked in that we were not interested. I would have accessed the spa and other services if they would have provided some type of discount advantage. The resort was pretty empty, but they did not even offer spa discounts (unless you were part of the all inclusive which was an additional $75 per person per day).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos