“Playa Grande is our home away from home!”

Playa Grande Resort
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We love Playa Grande! We have been staying there almost every year since 2002. It has the greatest atmosphere for both children and adults. We have made long lasting friends. The entertainment staff is incredible. These guys and girls have been there for years. We love them all specially Roberto & Rodrigo. We can go on and on: great food quality, service, etc. Oh! Viridiana at the Kids Club is amazingly loving & caring!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cain123
Flora C, Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Cain 123

Thank you for your kindness in taking the time to share your exerience with others. I will share with pleasure with all our staff

Sincerily yours

Write a ReviewReviews (4,037)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I traveled from Georgia to meet 4 friends in Cabo for a "girls getaway." I must say this was a one of the most beautiful resorts I've ever visited. The service was impeccable, the resort is breathtakingly beautiful and the location was unmatched.

I never knew our building number but our 2 adjoining bedrooms with full kitchens faced the Brigateen restaurant so we were close to food and the pools. The entertainment poolside made you want to join in the fun but there were plenty of places to lie out under the umbrellas and nap poolside when we wanted. Two for one happy hour twice day was a nice touch:)

We also enjoyed our day in the beautiful on site spa. There were so many treatments to choose from and we all enjoyed our selections. We met up in the salt water Jacuzzi afterwards and relaxed with no time restrictions.

By far the most wonderful day was the one we spent by the infinity pools on the ridge. We were waited on by a lovely man named Fernando who couldn't have been more accommodating if we were in his home. He gave everyone the same treatment but he was so attentive, we felt as if he was assigned solely to us (managers take note...he is a great employee!!!) He obviously loves his job and he went out of his way to make us feel pampered.

The location of the resort is wonderful. It was walking distance to the marina which had quaint shops and restaurants which we enjoyed. We took a water taxi from the marina to Medano beach which is where you can swim and jet ski since you can't enter the beach by the resort. It was a quick trip which included a tour of all the other beaches (Lover's, Divorce, etc )and of course the famous Arch. You can also walk or take a taxi from the resort to downtown Cabo and when you go there, be sure to visit Luxury Avenue...great shopping for all budgets.

A couple of other people I should mention are Dana at the front desk, and Adrian the concierge who helped me before I left Georgia.

The resort does offer a food plan but we opted to take a taxi to a nearby WalMart to shop for food and cook most meals in our room. However, we attended Fiesta night and the food and drinks were fantastic!

Playa Grande Resort is a dream and they exceeded all my expectations. I hope to return another day!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank smr124

smr124

Hi, Thanks so much for your comments, It sounds like ou had a lot of fun. I love raading the experiences of our guests, and yours is no exception.

Please let us know in advance when you will come back to visit us, we will be very pleased to serve you again

Yours faithfully

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous 10 day vacation at Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas. We did the all inclusive food and beverage service and found we never had to leave the resort! The food was great, service wonderful, hotel beautiful and the entertainment fabulous!!! The entertainment staff really went over and above in welcoming, providing activities, and making us comfortable. We are definately going back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Debbie B
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Debbie B, Thanks so much for posting a review. I really appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience.

We are glad to know that you had a great time with us, please let us know in advance when yoy will come to back to visit us, we will be very pleased to serve you again.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed July 24, 2013

If you are looking for a perfectly relaxing, top quality, gorgeous view, amazing pool, fabulous food and the best service ever Playa Grande has it! I cannot wait to go back! Perfect getaway! Service was impeccable and the staff was very kind, the spa was amazing.
I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Simply a wonderful trip

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank paulina g
Flora C, Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Paulina G, just abring quick note to thank you for you review. May all your adventure be as delightful and may they bring you back to us soon

sincerely

Reviewed July 24, 2013

My family and I stayed at Playa Grande Resort. We had an amazing and fantastic time. The hotel is so beautiful and gives a relaxing atmosphere. Even with how popular this hotel is, there is always a place to lay out and relax and enjoy their Happy Hour and delicious food. The staff are VERY nice and go out of their way to make our stay memorable. They are always giving a big smile and offering their help in anything we may need. The restaurants have all sorts of different foods. I loved their theme nights, something different out of the ordinary dinner. We bought the all inclusive and thought it was well worth it. Make sure to try their Margaritas and Mojitos too! There are all sorts of activities that take place during the day like volleyball in the pool, kids activities, pool exercises, and plenty more, just check the activities board. Thanks to Playa Grande Staff I had an amazing, well relaxing, fun time! Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Luisana A

Luisana A

Thak you for taking the time to share your experience.

I hoope to see you again at the hotel son.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon and we loved it! The resort was so clean, friendly, fun, and a great place to relax. The concierge desk was very nice and super helpful. They gave us excellent directions and recommendations of places to eat. There were plenty of pools to relax in at the resort and having the private beach along the Pacific was very peaceful. We would highly recommend and definitely return.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the pool were quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tanner K
Flora C, Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Tranner K

thanks so much for posting a review. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

I hope to see you again at the hotl son

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Before I get into the reasons why I rate this resort as "terrible" let me make sure you understand that this is due to a terrible incident that happened to my family and me. In general I have no complaints about the resort and actually think it is a good value for the money. It is clean, the rooms are nice and the staff is friendly - the room locations make a huge difference.
Upon check in I was told my request for a room with nice ocean view would be difficult since the resort was so busy. However the guy at the reception said he would check and try hard to get me a room location of my liking. He showed me on the map the first building ( furthest from beach) and said currently our room would be in that building on the ground floor. A fifty dollar bill helped me to get the right location,
But let me what happened last night - at about 11 pm - we were already in bed - somebody knocked on our door - some drunk man who was looking for his room - I tried to talk to him without opening the door. This must infuriated him even more and he threatened to kick in the door - we called the operator. The guy kept kicking our door and pulled down his pants and started urinating against the door - we called security again. The guy finally gave up and security arrived after he left (7 min after we placed the first call) . Let me assure you that we we called security the first time we made sure they understood that somebody was trying to kick in our door.

My family was obviously very upset about this and we slept with windows and doors locked.
The hotel didn't even call us or acknowledged that there was a problem.
Today we went to the front desk and asked to speak to the General Manager - we we directed t a low level guy who handles guest complaints. They gave us a story that they arrested the guy and threw him out. Whatever they said was not convincing and I found it to be questionable.

A huge resort like Playa Grande can't control what every single guest does and how they behave - I get that and that is not my criticism. My concern is the reaction of the hotel to our calls - 7 min for somebody to respond to what was clearly an emergency is not acceptable.

I asked to see the security videos of our building for that time and was given an excuse. I walked around and have yet to see a surveillance camera! I can't say for sure there aren't any but I don't think there are as many as one would expect.

The fact that the hotel didn't even follow up with a phone call to us to make sure we are ok is not right either.

I can't recommend this hotel for these reasons!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank Sguelpen
Flora C, Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why we didn´t meet your expectations. We have every desire to address your feedback and provide the best solution available to handle things differently. In addition, we will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring againg in the future. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience you may have encountered. This feedback will assist us in becoming better at what we do. Our goal is to provide every guest a beautiful and memorable vacation throughour great service and devotion towards our guests. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is by word of mouh from a satisfied customer. It´s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and will hope to serve you again in the future.

Flora Camacho