I traveled from Georgia to meet 4 friends in Cabo for a "girls getaway." I must say this was a one of the most beautiful resorts I've ever visited. The service was impeccable, the resort is breathtakingly beautiful and the location was unmatched.
I never knew our building number but our 2 adjoining bedrooms with full kitchens faced the Brigateen restaurant so we were close to food and the pools. The entertainment poolside made you want to join in the fun but there were plenty of places to lie out under the umbrellas and nap poolside when we wanted. Two for one happy hour twice day was a nice touch:)
We also enjoyed our day in the beautiful on site spa. There were so many treatments to choose from and we all enjoyed our selections. We met up in the salt water Jacuzzi afterwards and relaxed with no time restrictions.
By far the most wonderful day was the one we spent by the infinity pools on the ridge. We were waited on by a lovely man named Fernando who couldn't have been more accommodating if we were in his home. He gave everyone the same treatment but he was so attentive, we felt as if he was assigned solely to us (managers take note...he is a great employee!!!) He obviously loves his job and he went out of his way to make us feel pampered.
The location of the resort is wonderful. It was walking distance to the marina which had quaint shops and restaurants which we enjoyed. We took a water taxi from the marina to Medano beach which is where you can swim and jet ski since you can't enter the beach by the resort. It was a quick trip which included a tour of all the other beaches (Lover's, Divorce, etc )and of course the famous Arch. You can also walk or take a taxi from the resort to downtown Cabo and when you go there, be sure to visit Luxury Avenue...great shopping for all budgets.
A couple of other people I should mention are Dana at the front desk, and Adrian the concierge who helped me before I left Georgia.
The resort does offer a food plan but we opted to take a taxi to a nearby WalMart to shop for food and cook most meals in our room. However, we attended Fiesta night and the food and drinks were fantastic!
Playa Grande Resort is a dream and they exceeded all my expectations. I hope to return another day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Vacatia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos