Overall we were very pleased with this property. The pools are really nice and the pool side service and food was excellent. During happy hour (2 pm - 4 pm) drinks are two for one, and the food prices were very reasonable. The staff was very friendly and the grounds are kept extremely clean. Our room had two full baths and a king size bed. My only complaint relates to the extra bedding. One extra bed, which folded out from the closet, was a single and didn't look too comfortable. The other extra bed was the sofa which converted to a bed by folding the large seat cushion outward with no bottom support (we had to place cushions and a suitcase on the floor to prop-up the fold out cushion to make the bed level). The air-conditioning was great and it had a full kitchen with exception of a stove.
Location was good. It has a private beach and its located near a convenience store, starbucks, and shopping. There are several restaurants on the property, which the food was good, or you can eat in nearby restaurants in downtown Cabo; getting to nearby restaurants from Playa Grande can be accomplished with a 15 minute walk along the marina or you can take an $8 taxi ride. The Playa Grande is nice, but teenagers and those in their 20's would probably prefer a resort on Medano Beach. Medano Beach has all the water and beach activities, beach front restaurants, and activities more suited for teens and college kids. All in all, for adults I would stay at the Playa Grande, but if kids were included, I would stay at a resort on Medano Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos