The hotel itself and its grounds are first rate. The loaction becing close to town is nice as well. The front line staff are nice and work hard.
However from the moment ypu walk in there is a sales pitch in every direction. They will not let you in the rooms prior to checkout ( just look at the lugage all storred outfront). After checkin the sales pitch starts.They invite you to a free breakfast if you agree to watch a 2 hour sales pitch for their new property. You are offered an all inclusive stay for $79 more per person which seems an ok deal if ypu plan to never leave the hotel during your stay. If you lose a room key there is a $16 fee. There is a $13 fee for internet that is spotty at best. The gym is another $10 a day. The list goes on and on and takes its toll on what a vacation is all about. Finaly the transport to the bus left 15 minutes early the day I left. I was lucky that I was there but I know that at least a few folks missed it.
So yes it is pretty, the pools are nice, but the consistent pitch for fees and selling you on about anything is annoying. Next time to Cabo I will be staying elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos